New to Droned with a PH3 SE
709 7 2017-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Normanby
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136601 ft
Australia

Hi Everyone, Purchased my first drone as above about 3 weeks ago and  flown two to three hours since then. Mostly going ok but a couple of  issues I would like help with. Still using Mode 2 but have disabled  beginners mode. With the gimbal slider control I can get the camera to  move through only 90° but can't get it to move the other 30° for the  full 120° it should do. Must be something I haven't noticed, any  suggestions?  Also with the DJI go app I can't get a map in the  rectangle, just an arrow relating to the position of the front of the  drone. I am in Australia so maye maps aren't available here with that  app. Using a Samsung Galaxy Tab A, And 6.0.1 which is about three years  old. So far controlled ok but have had two signal disconnections during  that time but brought drone back ok. Does not seem to be a section for  PH 3 SE machines so posting in this section. Thanks for any advice.
Thought I had posted this yesterday but couldn't find it on the forum so trying again, obviously missed something.

2017-11-6
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I believe the camera should point slightly upwards, and then all the way straight down.  That should be 120 degrees of vertical movement.  

You may need to cache the maps onto your mobile device before you fly.  

2017-11-6
Use props
Normanby
lvl.4
Australia

Thank you for your reply. I will see what I can do to cache maps on my tablet so maybe that will fix it.
As far as the Gimbal movement goes in the PH3 SE users manual appendix it states: Gimbal Controllable range -90° to +30° and the diagram of the DJI GO App screen shows the Gimbal slider scale with a dot at the horizontal position which is 0 ° and pointing vertically down would be -90 °. I can get the gimbal to move the camera up and down and back again through 90 ° movement when connected to the app screen on the tablet using the Gimbal dial on the RC both while on the ground and in the air but can't get it to go past the dot on the gimbal slider pitch indicator for the extra 30 ° movement. Why, what am I missing? Appreciate any suggestions.
2017-11-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

For the gimbal camera, you can enable the 30° up extensible in Gimbal Settings. If there is any further questions, please feel free to contact us.
2017-11-7
Use props
Normanby
lvl.4
Australia

Thank you DJI Susan, I expected this would be the case but I couldn't see how to do this. Next time I fly the PH3 SE I will investigate more.
2017-11-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Normanby Posted at 2017-11-8 15:51
Thank you DJI Susan, I expected this would be the case but I couldn't see how to do this. Next time I fly the PH3 SE I will investigate more.

Could you upload a screenshot of Advanced Settings in Gimbal Settings? Please make sure the drone, controller powered on and linked well, and connect APP to confirm.
2017-11-8
Use props
Normanby
lvl.4
Australia

I have worked it out now by being connected and leaving the drone switched on sitting on the ground and going through the settings until I found the right one. Rotates the gimbal through the full 120 °. Will see how it goes in the air when I can as have had winds gusting to 40 Km/Hr for the last two days. Thank you for your replies.
2017-11-9
Use props
Altech
Second Officer
Flight distance : 808091 ft
Australia

Normanby Posted at 2017-11-9 15:17
I have worked it out now by being connected and leaving the drone switched on sitting on the ground and going through the settings until I found the right one. Rotates the gimbal through the full 120 °. Will see how it goes in the air when I can as have had winds gusting to 40 Km/Hr for the last two days. Thank you for your replies.

Strong winds to be flying in , makes your drone work harder .  Alex
2017-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules