Firmware Issue
763 4 2017-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blax1
lvl.1
Australia

Hi everyone

I'm new on here and to drones in general, albeit I've come from RC Heli's and have had some ten years’ experience enjoying that discipline  

I've had my P4P+ for three months now and totally love it

The last couple of flights I've done have been uneventful, however there was a firmware update message on the screen, so I read up the instruction book and viewed some tutorial videos, I did the download, which eventually bricked the drone, a green ugly video image on the screen with (No Signal) stated in the top left hand corner of the RC screen, this symptom/problem has been mentioned on this and other forums as well.

So I do more research and two follow up phone calls from my supplier Model Flight Adelaide Aus.

I was advised to update the RC firmware first via an SD card

I purchased an SD card and reader then do the RC Firmware upgrade from DJI's site

I load the card into the RC, it updates and finishes with an error message number of 800 upon researching again, it appears the SD card hasn’t been formatted properly?

So I start up the drone, the video link feedback is perfect again, I do have full signal and the GPS is all working fine, so I lift off very tentatively only to discover the drone is flying the way it should be, video feed is now perfect, it's taking still photo shots fine and responding to all the RC commands perfectly, all LED's are functioning properly.

So I'm a little mystified by the error message, should I reformate the SD card and download the update again and reload the RC, could I have problems in the future if I just leave it as is?

Thanks for taking the time to read this
Any info will be much appreciated

Regards Ralph

2017-11-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Ralph, could you post a screenshot of the error message? I'd like to help you.
2017-11-6
Use props
Blax1
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-6 22:17
Ralph, could you post a screenshot of the error message? I'd like to help you.

Thanks Susan, I’ll try to do that in the next couple of days
BTW, is it possible for you transfer this thread to the proper Phantom Pro forum, please.
Cheers Ralph
2017-11-7
Use props
Blax1
lvl.1
Australia

Ok I had some time ever the weekend to go over this again

I deleted the old file I down loaded to the SD card last week, I reformatted the SD card, uploaded the update again, and placed the SD card in the RC and followed the tutorial instructions.
There was no error message at the end, I then connected the drone to the RC via the mini USB cable supplied and upgraded the aircraft as well.

All aircraft functions are  now working as they should be, I do have some conflict with my home Wi-Fi system with a drop down message stating I should fly with caution but I can probably address that via the frequency settings in the RC menu, a part from that the aircraft if flying well and the video feed back is perfect again.

Cheers Ralph
2017-11-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Blax1 Posted at 2017-11-12 18:02
Ok I had some time ever the weekend to go over this again

I deleted the old file I down loaded to the SD card last week, I reformatted the SD card, uploaded the update again, and placed the SD card in the RC and followed the tutorial instructions.

Glad to know you have figured it out. Enjoy it and happy flying!
2017-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules