7713 43 2017-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
yoengel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2370988 ft
  • >>>
United States

I flew my Mavic Pro for two minutes and DJI GO CRASHED 4 times.  I’m using a fresh install of IOS 11.1 on iPhone X. Anyone having the same issues?  The app also kept freezing mid-flight and the record buttons don't work.

Side note, Face ID works fine while in the mavic remote.
2017-11-6
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

There are many apps that have had to be updated to work with the new screen on the Iphone X and the DJI GO 4 app will be one of them.
2017-11-6
Use props
chodongkoo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1293527 ft
  • >>>
South Korea

My iPhone 8+ (IOS 11.1) is the same phenomenon. DJI should release GOapp4 fast. Rich apps are normal.
2017-11-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Our engineers are aware of this case, will do the best to get it resolved soon. Please wait for the update. For now, if it is convenient, please use another mobile device temporarily.
2017-11-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

chodongkoo Posted at 2017-11-6 22:24
My iPhone 8+ (IOS 11.1) is the same phenomenon. DJI should release GOapp4 fast. Rich apps are normal.

Could you mind telling me the current version of the app? I would collect the info. Thank you.
2017-11-6
Use props
yoengel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2370988 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-6 22:29
Could you mind telling me the current version of the app? I would collect the info. Thank you.

I have DJI GO App v4.1.16 (3014)
2017-11-6
Use props
eastvillager
New

United States

oh yeah. Am going to Florida tomorrow and now Im going to have to leave my Mavic home. This sucks!
2017-11-7
Use props
WeatherManAP
New
Flight distance : 85495 ft
United States

I have both the iPhone 8 Plus and the iPhone X. both are currently running DJI Go 4 version 4.1.16 on iOS 11.1.  My Mavic works perfectly fine with just the RC and the drone, but neither iPhone work with with controller.  I am a professional meteorologist and run a weather consulting company, which I use the drone and phones to make weather videos. I am very frustrated with DJI always lagging behind with software since the hardware is really great.  DJI please try and keep up with Apple when software updates come out.  I'm essentially "flying blind" when I try to film with my weather videos now.
2017-11-7
Use props
fansb80c1aae
New
United States

I agree. Beta software is given to app developers for this very reason. Use a different device? You expect me to go buy another device when I just paid $1,400 for your product already? I’m tempted to return the drone and go with a more reliable company. This is absolutely unacceptable.
2017-11-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi all, the new 4.1.17 has got the crash problem resolved, please update to the latest version, thank you for your feedback.
2017-11-10
Use props
maxheadroom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1055341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-10 02:18
Hi all, the new 4.1.17 has got the crash problem resolved, please update to the latest version, thank you for your feedback.

Many thanks for the feedback.
2017-11-10
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

Has any tried the latest update with iPhone X?
2017-11-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

cluc Posted at 2017-11-10 04:48
Has any tried the latest update with iPhone X?

I hear many positive feedbacks from iPhone X users. If you have any question, please feel free to let me know, I'm glad to help.
2017-11-11
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

I can confirm its working fine on the latest iOS 11.1.1 on iPhone X.
  • Flew for over an hour (with multiple batteries of course)
  • Flew where there were no mobile reception, Drone GPS worked fine no issues.

2017-11-12
Use props
fansbe85fd78
New
Mexico

Hi there!!!!, let me tell you that I have de 4.1.18 DJI 4 app, and the IOS 11.1.2 version on my Iphone X, and DJI App still crashes, so that bug is not fixed yet!!!!1
2017-12-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansbe85fd78 Posted at 2017-12-2 10:23
Hi there!!!!, let me tell you that I have de 4.1.18 DJI 4 app, and the IOS 11.1.2 version on my Iphone X, and DJI App still crashes, so that bug is not fixed yet!!!!1

Same issue today with my iPhone 7+ using my new MPP. Works perfectly during the first flight. Switch out batteries and at the start of the second flight the app crashes - relaunch and it continuously crashes (whilst my Mavic Platinum is 400' above me!). Even when the mobile is not connected to the RC or drone and I'm just viewing info in the app like flight records it still crashes...
I have deleted the app, rebooted the mobile, reinstalled the app, switched micro SD cards, changed camera settings from repeat to continuous and NTSC to PAL (as in the UK), deleted all cashed videos in the app (so no files remain) and turned off video cache during flight. It seems OK now but we'll see after my next set of flights tomorrow morning. Today is the first time I have ever experienced an app crash (let alone >10 of them) in nearly 18 months of flying DJI drones with IOS devices. This needs sorting out urgently by DJI as I think there is a corruption between the app video cache and IOS 11.1.2 causing the whole app to shut down - not good!
2017-12-2
Use props
Jim Cheesman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41545 ft
United States

A CW Posted at 2017-12-2 10:37
Same issue today with my iPhone 7+ using my new MPP. Works perfectly during the first flight. Switch out batteries and at the start of the second flight the app crashes - relaunch and it continuously crashes (whilst my Mavic Platinum is 400' above me!). Even when the mobile is not connected to the RC or drone and I'm just viewing info in the app like flight records it still crashes...
I have deleted the app, rebooted the mobile, reinstalled the app, switched micro SD cards, changed camera settings from repeat to continuous and NTSC to PAL (as in the UK), deleted all cashed videos in the app (so no files remain) and turned off video cache during flight. It seems OK now but we'll see after my next set of flights tomorrow morning. Today is the first time I have ever experienced an app crash (let alone >10 of them) in nearly 18 months of flying DJI drones with IOS devices. This needs sorting out urgently by DJI as I think there is a corruption between the app video cache and IOS 11.2 causing the whole app to shut down - not good!

I just got my Mavic and flew it for the first time on 12/2 and had the same exaxt problem as you. No problems with the first flight but a dozen or more after. I am going to do what you did and see how it works. This is obviously disappointing and I hope DJI resolves it soon
2017-12-3
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

Where does an android user find this update?
2017-12-3
Use props
fansebb36b64
lvl.1
Flight distance : 569157 ft
United States

I have a small crash and after that can’t see the images in my dji go 4 app and show the NO IMAGE TRANSMISSION SIGNAL in the rc. Can anyone help me? Only has my Mavic Pro for a few days
2017-12-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi all, sorry for the inconvenience. For the crash issue, could you please provide me with the info below and name the drone and mobile device you are using? I will forward to our engineers to check.
For iOS device, the crash logs of the app need to be exported by iTools, please install iTools on your computer----Toolbox----Advanced Features.
For Android device: connect the device to the computer to export it: /sdcard/DJI/dji.go.v4 /LOG/CRASH
Thank you for your feedback.
2017-12-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Bulldog Posted at 2017-12-3 05:33
Where does an android user find this update?

For Android device, you can go to Google Play and check for the update.
2017-12-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fansebb36b64 Posted at 2017-12-3 07:03
I have a small crash and after that can’t see the images in my dji go 4 app and show the NO IMAGE TRANSMISSION SIGNAL in the rc. Can anyone help me? Only has my Mavic Pro for a few days

Please try to restart the drone and RC, relaunch the app. If the issue persists, please confirm if there is a need to update the firmware, make sure the firmware's consistency, also, try to relink the drone and RC, try another mobile device and see if it helps.

2017-12-3
Use props
Tex21
lvl.3
Flight distance : 230052 ft
Australia

Funny how Mavic react to iPhone users so quickly, yet when all this happened regularly to Android users, they lay all the blame back on the user stating: "device not compatible", when it worked fine before their updates.
2017-12-3
Use props
fans4d4ae837
New
Switzerland

Good day
I have experimented the same problem with my Spark yesterday.. I am using IOS 11.1.2 with last version of DJI go 4 and I don't know why since yesterday Apps is Crashing every 10 second. I still have control of the flight and even the video is recording but impossible to have a return video on my phone or even downloading video without having the app crashing .
I have tried to reinstall the apps and re sync the drone with RC and Phone .. it work fine 1 time and  then the second time it start again to crash

Please help
2017-12-4
Use props
simis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 405102 ft
Latvia

iOS 11.2 is out, maybe that will make anything better....
2017-12-4
Use props
NeLukas
New
Flight distance : 85282 ft
United States

fansbe85fd78 Posted at 2017-12-2 10:23

Same here...
please help
2017-12-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I upgraded to IOS 11.2, reinstalled the app again and all fixed - no app crashes since the update! Did two back-to-back flights with the MPP today to total 52 minutes in the air, used EVERY flight mode, took panos etc etc etc with the video cache turned on and not a single app crash. Lets hope it stays that way.
2017-12-4
Use props
fans4d4ae837
New
Switzerland

fans4d4ae837 Posted at 2017-12-4 05:22
Good day
I have experimented the same problem with my Spark yesterday.. I am using IOS 11.1.2 with last version of DJI go 4 and I don't know why since yesterday Apps is Crashing every 10 second. I still have control of the flight and even the video is recording but impossible to have a return video on my phone or even downloading video without having the app crashing .
I have tried to reinstall the apps and re sync the drone with RC and Phone .. it work fine 1 time and  then the second time it start again to crash

Update to version IOS 11.2 yesterday and did some test with my Spark .. it seems to work fine for the moment so I presume the Bug have been fixed .. could not do intense test on the sky but just go trough the various menu who seems to work fine now ( was not working fine with IOS 11.1)
2017-12-5
Use props
userbc097a678f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 566883 ft
Hong Kong

Hi guys,

I want to share my sad experience on this issue. I also had crashes on my DjiGo 4 app with my iPhone. Yesterday when I was flying my Mavic Pro which was 250m away from me and about 100m in the air, the app crashed. And unfortunately the connection with my RC was lost as well. After I restarted the app, connection was still lost. After my continous repeated attempts, there was no luck and it didn't return home at last.

I therefore announced I lost my Mavic Pro.

I am really sad about this incident. The app crash issue made me lose my drone before my trip to Hawaii in a week. I have been looking forward to flying my drone over there so much given I am living in Asia. Now my plan is totally ruined...

I wish DJI will solve the issue ASAP and immediately. No pilots should be penalised for this non human issue. Thanks!
2017-12-10
Use props
fanse20f7b8e
lvl.1
Indonesia

I have same. In mid flight, it suddenly skips to the screen saver of the iPhone. I hope the programmers are at work
2017-12-10
Use props
fanse20f7b8e
lvl.1
Indonesia

fansb80c1aae Posted at 2017-11-7 20:24
I agree. Beta software is given to app developers for this very reason. Use a different device? You expect me to go buy another device when I just paid $1,400 for your product already? I’m tempted to return the drone and go with a more reliable company. This is absolutely unacceptable.

Fully agree
2017-12-10
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Same here just brought brand new mavic Pro platinum and same happens  unch of arse! Got spark already and flew ok then
Mavic and keeps crashing! It not the drone causing it,it either iOS or DJI app it crashes just tryingo review anything, I’ve reinstalled 3 times now not good over Kowloon bay for a bit of scenery it your own back yard! Otherwise love mavic platinum it is so quiet I think maybe more than spark!
2017-12-10
Use props
Phi341
New

United States

I'm new to my Mavic Pro and drones in general.  Anniversary present from my wife to use at our ranch.  I've had the exact same experience using the app as noted by everyone above.  This morning I got through one flight fine.  Switched batteries, started to take off and the app crashed.  I tried to restart with the Mavic stationary in flight and it crashes every single time.  This same thing happened to me weeks ago and I chalked that up to the new iPhone X and just reinstalled the app and updated all software.  Not only did it crash on my mid flight today, but the damn thing crashes when you are just trying to look at old videos and pics.  Being new to this, I'd like to know if this is a long standing problem with Mavic when new iphone software or hardware comes out?  Do they fix this or just give the garbage advice above to "use another device"?  As far as I'm concerned, this is 100% crap.  I literally have this expensive toy from my wife that we have no confidence in using without worrying I'm going to have the same experience noted above by a user that lost his/her drone during flight.
2017-12-10
Use props
userbc097a678f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 566883 ft
Hong Kong

Phi341 Posted at 2017-12-10 09:09
I'm new to my Mavic Pro and drones in general.  Anniversary present from my wife to use at our ranch.  I've had the exact same experience using the app as noted by everyone above.  This morning I got through one flight fine.  Switched batteries, started to take off and the app crashed.  I tried to restart with the Mavic stationary in flight and it crashes every single time.  This same thing happened to me weeks ago and I chalked that up to the new iPhone X and just reinstalled the app and updated all software.  Not only did it crash on my mid flight today, but the damn thing crashes when you are just trying to look at old videos and pics.  Being new to this, I'd like to know if this is a long standing problem with Mavic when new iphone software or hardware comes out?  Do they fix this or just give the garbage advice above to "use another device"?  As far as I'm concerned, this is 100% crap.  I literally have this expensive toy from my wife that we have no confidence in using without worrying I'm going to have the same experience noted above by a user that lost his/her drone during flight.

If I were you I wouldn’t fly until this issue has been solved completely. I flew mine and lost it without knowing this issue earlier. I have become a white mouse and showed everyone potentially one of the worst results from this issue.

I really have no confidence in flying any DJI drone now...
2017-12-10
Use props
fans3a476cc1
New
United States

userbc097a678f Posted at 2017-12-10 16:39
If I were you I wouldn’t fly until this issue has been solved completely. I flew mine and lost it without knowing this issue earlier. I have become a white mouse and showed everyone potentially one of the worst results from this issue.

I really have no confidence in flying any DJI drone now...

DJI GO 4 app still crashes on Iphone X, even after latest firmware was installed on drone and rc controller.
2017-12-14
Use props
Albatros24
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116010 ft
France

Upgrade to iOS 11.2.1!
2017-12-14
Use props
Haggen Kennedy
lvl.3
Brazil

I updated to the latest iOS version, to no avail. Still keeps crashing. Someone here mentioned switching batteries? It may be why it’s crashing. I’m in the field as I type this, but I did switch batteries at home before going out. Perhaps it’s linked. But iOS updates have no effect whatsoever on these crashes. I’m using an iPhone 7, and this has been happening for a while now.
2017-12-14
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Haggen Kennedy Posted at 2017-12-14 12:40
I updated to the latest iOS version, to no avail. Still keeps crashing. Someone here mentioned switching batteries? It may be why it’s crashing. I’m in the field as I type this, but I did switch batteries at home before going out. Perhaps it’s linked. But iOS updates have no effect whatsoever on these crashes. I’m using an iPhone 7, and this has been happening for a while now.

In your case, I assume you have you uninstalled, rebooted the Iphone7  and then reinstalled the DJI go4 app ?

Make sure you close all other apps running in the background.
The current version of the DJI Go4 4.1.18 works for me after upgrading to 11.2 or 11.2.1, but I'm running it on clean dedicated, a Ipad Pro 10.5 and a Ipad Mini 4.
Not a phone with other start-up apps running and other apps open, which might be causing the conflicts that lead to DJI Go4 crashing.

I'm not sure if you can limit the apps opening on start up with the Iphone 7 other than uninstalling them, which is probably not an option.

2017-12-14
Use props
Haggen Kennedy
lvl.3
Brazil

lannes Posted at 2017-12-14 13:13
In your case, I assume you have you uninstalled, rebooted the Iphone7  and then reinstalled the DJI go4 app ?

Make sure you close all other apps running in the background.

Yes, I tried every variation:
1) uninstalling, reinstalling the app
2) uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling the app
3) uninstalling, turning off the phone, reinstalling the app

It's useless. And yes, you can reboot without any apps running in the background, you just have to close them all before rebooting or turning off your phone. But that doesn't change anything, that is clearly not the issue. Neither is updating to whatever iOS version is latest. I've done further research and I've read (and watched videos of) a lot of people stating the real issue is the Video Cache. Once you delete the video cache, and (most importantly) turn Video Cache OFF, it will solve the problem. I've just done that now, so I need to get out in the field and test this out. Some people have claimed it hasn't worked for them, but they don't mention what they were using (Android, iOS etc.). We'll see if that solution holds for me, then I'll come back and post what my experience was.
2017-12-15
Use props
MitchOS
New
Canada

My app also crashes. I can't use any of my DJI products. Thousands invested and they just collect dust.
2017-12-17
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules