7394 23 2017-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Max de Leo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 886 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I've seen in the Spark user manual that the RC reachers a max transmission of 120 meters. Interestingly, though, I can sometimes fly higher then that but sometimes it would just stop at 120 meters saying "max flight hight has ben reached". A pop up says I can still adjust the hight in the settings which technically allows me to set a maximum hight of 500 meters. However, once it won't go over 120 meters it never allows me to change the max hight in the settings.

I am well aware of hight limits in a number of countries, which have their reason to exist. However, I frequently need to take pictures of rock walls, which in some cases require me to fly a bit beyond 120 meters. For some reason with the spark this sometimes works, sometimes not. Apparently there is no effect if I change the limit in the settings.

If anyone has experienced similar issues, I would appreciate a feedback

2017-11-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please ensure that you successfully set the height limitation, and press "done". Can you tell me the specific number of the excessive height distance when you set the 120 meters? Please export the flight data and the black box for us to analyze.
2017-11-7
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

I would suggest to read the manual once again carefully and also take the time to go through all menus of the DJI GO 4 App. In interference free areas the range of the RC is 300 - 500 meters or beyond depending on which band you are using. The max. altitude set by DJI is 500 meters. In the App settings you have the option to set any max. altitude below that.
2017-11-7
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

All of what Watchberger wrote.
Plus one little thing:
In case you are setting max height over the legal height limit, 120m is that, I think, DJI Go 4 will tell you that you have to be authorized to do that.
You have to "ok" that.

Did the App asked you this and you did agree to it?

Or are you adjusting the RTH height by accident?
That will tell you (I tried that once ;-)
"you can't ........."
This both altitudes are, just my2c, a bit to far away from each other.

I would like to have them :

RTH altitude : ........ m/f
........ m/f max flight height

(something like that)

Btw: Till now, I could always adjust the limit in flight, when reached the limit and it needed to be "a bit" higher.
Only one time, I couldnt! When I tried to adjust the RTH instead. 5.5 inch screen, sun,  you know the rest, methinks
2017-11-7
Use props
Max de Leo
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-7 02:31
Please ensure that you successfully set the height limitation, and press "done". Can you tell me the specific number of the excessive height distance when you set the 120 meters? Please export the flight data and the black box for us to analyze.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngEHdAlAh9A&t=1s

Thank you, I will try to upload later that day. I tried several excessive height up to 150 meters.
2017-11-7
Use props
Max de Leo
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-7 02:38
I would suggest to read the manual once again carefully and also take the time to go through all menus of the DJI GO 4 App. In interference free areas the range of the RC is 300 - 500 meters or beyond depending on which band you are using. The max. altitude set by DJI is 500 meters. In the App settings you have the option to set any max. altitude below that.

Thanks Wachtberger. I did indeed read the manual multiple times but couldn't solve the issue.
2017-11-7
Use props
Max de Leo
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-7 03:52
All of what Watchberger wrote.
Plus one little thing:
In case you are setting max height over the legal height limit, 120m is that, I think, DJI Go 4 will tell you that you have to be authorized to do that.

Yeah I get your point . Definitely not the RTH, I tried to change the max altitude...
2017-11-7
Use props
Flip_L
lvl.3
Flight distance : 330686 ft
Germany

One more thing: Are you using an OTG cable by any chance? Because if I remeber correctly max. distance and altitude aren't saved when using OTG (might be an iOS thing). Just a thought.

and, after reading your post again, have you tried changing the max altitude within the app before flying?
2017-11-7
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

Flip_L Posted at 2017-11-7 06:48
One more thing: Are you using an OTG cable by any chance? Because if I remeber correctly max. distance and altitude aren't saved when using OTG. Just a thought.

They get saved with OTG, at least with the Android version.
2017-11-7
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

Max de Leo Posted at 2017-11-7 06:41
Thanks Wachtberger. I did indeed read the manual multiple times but couldn't solve the issue.

This is weird since I do not recall having ever read here from anybody else that he couldn't change the setting. Which App version are you using and on which operating system?
2017-11-7
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-7 06:50
They get saved with OTG, at least with the Android version.

I can second this.
In flight and before flight!
2017-11-7
Use props
Max de Leo
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Flip_L Posted at 2017-11-7 06:48
One more thing: Are you using an OTG cable by any chance? Because if I remeber correctly max. distance and altitude aren't saved when using OTG (might be an iOS thing). Just a thought.

and, after reading your post again, have you tried changing the max altitude within the app before flying?

Yes I have tried to both change during flight as well as before take off. Interesting, I didn't know that IOS does not save the max altitude when using OTG – I was using it actually!
2017-11-7
Use props
Max de Leo
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-7 06:53
This is weird since I do not recall having ever read here from anybody else that he couldn't change the setting. Which App version are you using and on which operating system?

I am using an iPhone 6S and the DJI Go 4 Version 4.1.16
I have also deleted the app and reinstalled it a few times.
2017-11-7
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

Max de Leo Posted at 2017-11-7 08:00
I am using an iPhone 6S and the DJI Go 4 Version 4.1.16
I have also deleted the app and reinstalled it a few times.

I was somewhat anticipating this response and that the problem might be ralated to the iOS version. Unfortunately I can't help you then because I am exclusively on Android. Nevertheless I hope your problem can soon be solved.
2017-11-7
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

"the problem might be related to the iOS version"

And this is another point to check, methinks!

Max de Leo, do you have a android device in reach, to try?
Dont need to be a top model, you should not fly it.
Only change the settings in the living room a couple of times, if it works on android and get stored
2017-11-7
Use props
Flip_L
lvl.3
Flight distance : 330686 ft
Germany

I would suggest trying it without the OTG cable. It’s better that way anyway in my opinion, as you can’t see the signal strength when using OTG and iOS.
2017-11-7
Use props
Max de Leo
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-7 10:28
I was somewhat anticipating this response and that the problem might be ralated to the iOS version. Unfortunately I can't help you then because I am exclusively on Android. Nevertheless I hope your problem can soon be solved.

Interesting, I guess I might try an Android device then. Thanks again for your great support!
2017-11-7
Use props
Max de Leo
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-7 10:38
"the problem might be related to the iOS version"

And this is another point to check, methinks!

I will find one and give it a try. Thanks
2017-11-7
Use props
Max de Leo
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Flip_L Posted at 2017-11-7 11:13
I would suggest trying it without the OTG cable. It’s better that way anyway in my opinion, as you can’t see the signal strength when using OTG and iOS.

I used OTG because I read in a number of feedbacks it might increase the video transmission stability  from the RC to the phone screen. I will try without OTG then, thanks!
2017-11-7
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

Max de Leo Posted at 2017-11-7 14:24
Interesting, I guess I might try an Android device then. Thanks again for your great support!

Thank you, good luck and many happy landings! There are very competent forum members and forum team members around who will definitely help you solve this problem.
2017-11-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Max de Leo Posted at 2017-11-7 06:43
Yeah I get your point . Definitely not the RTH, I tried to change the max altitude...

Thanks for your support. Please keep us updated.
2017-11-8
Use props
fans3e70af56
lvl.4
Flight distance : 887031 ft
Mexico

I'm having the same issue.

iOS 10 and newest FW and app.

I tried increasing the max altitud with no luck m, but I then tried 20 m and it latched at 20 m. I can't change it back even to 50 m.

I am using an OTG due to the fact that my spark crashed into some bushes due to the EXCESIVE lag I got once (about 8 seconds).

All I have heard from DJI is that I should erase my app, and that weather influences the max alt. Sounds completely dumb answers to me.

Anyone has any solid input on this topic?
IMG_1754.PNG
2017-11-13
Use props
fans3e70af56
lvl.4
Flight distance : 887031 ft
Mexico

Just for clarification. On my previous post, the image is what I try to set and does not take.
2017-11-13
Use props
Max de Leo
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Thank you everyone for you kind help. I solved the problem by establishing an non-OTG connection between iPhone and RC. That allowed be to change the altitude settings. Back with OTG I was able to adjust as well.
2017-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules