Not stable (mavic pro)
2024 8 2017-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
B1CY
New
Flight distance : 371253 ft
Turkey

hello everyone. I have a problem lately. As drone moves in the air, she moves to the left and right as you watch on the video. the weather is not stable either. gimbal does not seem to be a problem either. Have you ever experienced this situation before? Do you have any experience? (the drone did not receive any damage)

https://vimeo.com/241579839?ref=em-share
2017-11-7
Use props
andyphotog
lvl.1
Flight distance : 317795 ft
Finland

I have a problem like this, and others , and my drone just came out the box today. I am first going to do the coffee cup test on top with one prop at a time that I noticed on you tube
2017-11-7
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I think it may be the gimbal. Have you checked that the gimbal is seated correctly in that it is underneath the tabs at the front and back.
2017-11-7
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518012 ft
United States

As @Jenee2 said, check the mounts of the gimbal plate to your drone, verify for any extra saggy rubber mounts. If they had lost some of their elasticity it could explain that pendulum like movement.

From my understanding the Gimbal has no brains, so all compensation inputs will come from the sensors inside the AC. If there is something wrong in the attachment between the gimbal and the AC, the IMU will not detect that movement meaning that the gimbal will not be able to compensate for it.
2017-11-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I agree, please check the gimbal anti-drop hooks like the tutorial mentioned below. And you can also try to calibrate the IMU and compass, and avoid flying when there is a strong wind, see if it helps.
2017-11-7
Use props
B1CY
New
Flight distance : 371253 ft
Turkey

Thank you for the answers. no problem with gimbal wedges. I made the compass and imu calibration a few times. The problem has not improved. The air was not windy during the flight. The drone also did not show any damage. There is no playing in the camera when drone is in the air. He seems to be doing gimbal work. it seems like the drone is moving right and left in the air.
2017-11-8
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518012 ft
Sweden

Very strange indeed, have you tried by locking the Yaw Axis in the Gimbal. What I mean is that your Gimbal will start to move in the Yaw axis before the drone, you can lock this in the Gimbal options on your app. Maybe your remote is sending erratic signal to the drone.
I would suggest, you also try to recalibrate your controller and once you do so, check that the readings are correct and stable.
2017-11-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Def lock the yaw axis and complete all calibrations - ensure wind speeds are under 24MPH and note that the higher you climb the stronger and faster the wind speed.
2017-11-8
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

B1CY Posted at 2017-11-8 02:50
Thank you for the answers. no problem with gimbal wedges. I made the compass and imu calibration a few times. The problem has not improved. The air was not windy during the flight. The drone also did not show any damage. There is no playing in the camera when drone is in the air. He seems to be doing gimbal work. it seems like the drone is moving right and left in the air.

Are you able to just try a couple of things. If you hover around 20 metres, is the video correct with no movement?  Can you also try flying the Mavic sideways and check the video (If Mode 2, just use right stick movement to the right or left).
2017-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules