Props appear more on latest Mavics?
939 9 2017-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GMG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3632605 ft
France

I had one of the Mavics built just after the launch (Nov or Dec 2016) , which I've since had to replace, with one built in Aug 2017.
With my first, I only got props in view in Sport mode.  The newer MP shows props in video footage frequently, even in P mode, where it's also noticeably slower than my previous MP.  
I'm curious - has anyone else experienced this?
2017-11-7
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

This is normal when flying aggressively in any mode, sometimes when Gimbal is centered or + degree setting IE: +10°, I suggest tilting the gimbal downward a little to get rid of the prop corners, or flying less aggressively.
2017-11-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Agree with 2#. Not trying to fly that aggressively, and try to adjust the gimbal pitch.
2017-11-7
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
France

Just to be clear, I'm talking about the difference, RELATIVE to my earlier Mavic.  
My first Mavic was much snappier, more responsive and despite that, I didn't tend to get props in the images.
2017-11-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GMG Posted at 2017-11-8 11:00
Just to be clear, I'm talking about the difference, RELATIVE to my earlier Mavic.  
My first Mavic was much snappier, more responsive and despite that, I didn't tend to get props in the images.

That will have something to do with the 15 FW updates over the past 13 months since it launched. There are trade off of course such as fixed wing mode, improved image quality, quick shots, removal of bugs, geo fencing etc etc - if you want no shadows then simply adjust the gimbal tilt angle to accommodate faster speeds.
2017-11-8
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, happened to my Mavic footage as well. Actually decided to uninstall the props b/c the shaking of the gimbal and props coming into the shots. Using the original props and we're back to normal.
2017-11-8
Use props
rshah921
Second Officer
United States

What do you mean by props? Sorry I'm new to this lol
2017-11-9
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
France

rshah921 Posted at 2017-11-9 08:25
What do you mean by props? Sorry I'm new to this lol

It's when the propellers show up in video footage, at the top of the image.  Typically it happens when a drone is moving forward aggressively.  It was much more of an issue with Phantoms and when the Mavic was released a number of people commented on how it was less of an issue with the new machines.  I've not been flying for 3 and a half months as my original Mavic had been stolen, and I noticed that this was much more prominent an issue with the  replacement.  I also noticed that the replacement couldn't be accused of moving "aggresively" even, full forward on the right stick, in P mode.  Again, compared to my previous MP, this one seems to be on quaaludes.
2017-11-9
Use props
FlyingFish82
First Officer
Flight distance : 3662503 ft
  • >>>
United States

I fly and record quite often in S Mode, and the way to avoid this is to adjust the Pitch of the gimbal like mentioned before, the firmware updates have def changed (for better or worst) the way the mavic behaves when it flies. it is more a software than hardware item. maybe do a bit of a test run first before you start recording to guarantee props wont be on your way?  

Cheers!
2017-11-9
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

That's also why you'll see some tips that say to record while flying backwards - away from your subject.  
2017-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules