Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal disconnected? Is this a firmware glitch ??
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_TrZ2VJh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52064 ft

United Kingdom

Hi everyone  

Purchased a pro 3 and software was out of date so undertook the firmware / calibration  watched a thousand flights and tutorials etc and then noyiced gimbal disconnect message  

I have live feed and gimbal is fully controllable, however when i press record button the footage is choppy amd unusable  

Ive never crashed and have tried a million fixes from all over the internet  

Is this a firmware issue and i need to wait for a new firmware update, or shall i change the gimbal ribbon cable?

So frustrated to be grounded, so any advice would be greatly appreciated  

Many thanks

2017-11-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

What's the current version of your APP? We've been aware of this issue in Andrdoid 3.1.18, and fixed it in the latest 3.1.22. It is a staged rollout, please check later.
2017-11-8
Use props
Dj minkee
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-8 03:07
What's the current version of your APP? We've been aware of this issue in Andrdoid 3.1.18, and fixed it in the latest 3.1.22. It is a staged rollout, please check later.

I updated to the new app, and the drone feed won't connect and I'm unable to view the camera. The drone pairs with the rc. I was using a galaxy s2 which isn't supported. I then changed my tablet to an iPad mini 3, but alas I'm still unable to get the tab to enter camera view.

Hi all. I managed to go and get a replacement tablet today. Apple iPad mini 3 dual core WIFI and 4G. Exactly same issue. Roc is connecting to bird camera movable and drone is flyable. There is no connection to the app. Rc light goes from red to green and and slowly blinks. Drone has 2 fixed red LEDs and rear ones go from rapid flash yello to steady twice blink green.

I've noticed a dull red slow blinking light in the housing for Vision positioning Sensors, not sure if that's relevant. Remove casing on rc which houses the USB ports for a visual inspection, and seemed fine.

I've also tried several USB cables.  The only bin file I have on sd card is latest firmware.

Any pointers would be appreciated.
2017-11-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Dj minkee Posted at 2017-11-13 15:35
I updated to the new app, and the drone feed won't connect and I'm unable to view the camera. The drone pairs with the rc. I was using a galaxy s2 which isn't supported. I then changed my tablet to an iPad mini 3, but alas I'm still unable to get the tab to enter camera view.

Hi all. I managed to go and get a replacement tablet today. Apple iPad mini 3 dual core WIFI and 4G. Exactly same issue. Roc is connecting to bird camera movable and drone is flyable. There is no connection to the app. Rc light goes from red to green and and slowly blinks. Drone has 2 fixed red LEDs and rear ones go from rapid flash yello to steady twice blink green.

Just to verify, all data are visual, but no live video, right? Please try to re-seat the pins on side of the gimbal to check whether it helps.
2017-11-15
Use props
Dj minkee
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-15 01:34
Just to verify, all data are visual, but no live video, right? Please try to re-seat the pins on side of the gimbal to check whether it helps.

Hi. Many thanks for your response. No, the app does not launch When I power up. When I launch the app, I receive the “how to connect”screen.

Anyway. The ac and rc link fine. I have a slow blinking blue light on RC. AC starts and I assume flies but am too afraid to fly.

Gimbal etc is also controllable from the RC

. Firmware is up to date and lastest go app in use too. Last flight uneventful. I think I remember taking the files off the sd card and since then I had no link between app and tab I was using.

Have since got the iPad mini 3 tried several cables and reboots, all to no avail.

Any help greatly appreciated.

The gimbal disconnect issue was resolved in the .22 update.

2017-11-19
Use props
Dj minkee
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI app installed.
2017-11-19
Use props
Legit Drones
lvl.1
Flight distance : 894465 ft
United States

Having a similar problem, fixed it then this happened...

She is safe
2017-11-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Dj minkee Posted at 2017-11-19 16:56
Hi. Many thanks for your response. No, the app does not launch When I power up. When I launch the app, I receive the “how to connect”screen.

Noted with thanks! Is there any chance change to another recommended mobile to verify?
2017-11-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Legit Drones Posted at 2017-11-19 18:43
Having a similar problem, fixed it then this happened...
phantom flip
She is safe

Take care when you test the performance. You can contact the support if it needs to be sent in.
2017-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules