Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davawt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4885 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi there,
I decided to try out a pair of the DJI Goggles, so looked around a few dealers UK, but not sure after the warning from several people on here.
So ordered direct from DJI web page, (1) Goggles (2) Sleeve Bag (3) HDMI Adapter (4) OTG USB Lead as I dont have a Mavic Pro but a Spark Combo. Placed the order Wednesday ( 1/11/17 ) about Lunch time, they arrived Friday ( 3/11/17 )  about Lunch time  -   Now that's what I call Service.
Two days from order to delivery, Brilliant, now it all needs setting up and checking, I will let you know how I did as I get going.
Thanks for your time, bye
davawt

Updated ( 6/11/17 ) - (30/12/17) Spark
Just did some testing and they work with the Spark, Inspire 1.v2, and the Phantom 4 Pro.

( Inspire ) The best yet is the Inspire 1 you can set these to view the camera functions from a second RC and of course you can zoom and take video and photos from the second RC, I am talking about using the Inspire 1 HDMI port on the second RC, full control as a camera controller with the Goggles for your view and usual setup on controller first controller for pilot with iPad. ( No spotter Needed )

(30/12/17)  ( Spark ) Very good view from the Goggles, but you cannot still have the Phone/Tablet or any display with the DJI Goggles for the pilot to control the Spark, ( Spotter Needed ) The Goggles are used as the display the Spark if you just use the OTG and the Goggles and RC to control Spark ( Set Goggles HD to Live View in the Goggles Menu )
Still testing this (30/1/17)

( Phantom 4 Pro ) I am sorry but really had no time to try this properly yet as the weather and other things have got in the way, But it does work, but for us in the UK (EU) we only have a USB port so really only used as a Pilot item, ( Spotter Needed )
I am still trying this out with the Goggles and iPad connected via the Apple Adapter to get HDMI Goggles ( Viewing ) and the iPad for the Pilot to see as usual, I will get back to you when I have a chance to give that a good try.
Well worth the money and the time testing, they are great.

Update for P4P with DJI HDMI Adapter added (15/11/17)
All works perfect for the Drone control & iPad just do as usual through RC & USB. My Lightning to USB cable (Coiled) came from Maplin - For the Goggles (FPV Only) connect the HDMI cable with added DJI HDMI item Std to Sml adapter they are £5 from DJI look under Goggles or HDMI Adapter, Excellent clear FPV through the Goggles. I have not got round to trying to control with the Goggles as DJI dont say they work yet.
Hope this helps, the view via the Goggles has to be seen, Brilliant HDMI view, if the screen looks too big adjust the HDMI size - in Tools / HDMI
bye
davawt

2017-11-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for sharing the test of Goggles and appreciate your positive feedback.
We are glad you have a good time with it, looking forward more feedback.
Please keep us updated if you have any problem.
2017-11-7
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-7 18:18

Thanks Mindy, will do as I get to know more.
bye
davawt
2017-11-8
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-7 18:18

Hi Mindy, I am now looking to fit a HDMI unit to phantom 4 Pro as at the moment I only have USB,
Have to wait and see, thanks for your help & feedback,bye
davawt
Update see above (15/11/17)  [ P4P ] in first post for full details, they work Perfectly...
- You will need a HDMI converter for the end of the cable to bring down the connection size, DJI stock them £5 look under Goggles or HDMI adapter area.
- The view via the Goggles is Perfect HDMI Quality. But Only for viewing, great if you have a mate along to see the view from the camera, Brilliant.....bye
davawt
2017-11-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

davawt Posted at 2017-11-8 11:07
Hi Mindy, I am now looking to fit a HDMI unit to phantom 4 Pro as at the moment I only have USB,
Have to wait and see, thanks for your help &feedback,bye
davawt

Sure, no problem. Let us know if you have any query.
2017-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules