Wifi Issues
721 9 2017-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_EgMTGmZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18225 ft
Canada

Hi. I just got a Phantom 3 Standard and I have a few issues that I would like some opinions on.

1. When i try to connect to the AC, the wifi on my Galaxy phone keeps going on and off.

2. THe DJI GO app shows a Battery damaged warning when connected to the AC, this only happens when the battery is fully charged, the warning dissappears when the battery is below 75%.

Does anyone have a solution to the Wifi issue, Ive already conntected DJI about the damaged battery warning and am sending back for repair, would just like some opinions on what it could be..

Thanks
2017-11-7
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

1. What Galaxy phone is it? And is it set to airplane mode?

2. If the phone connected to the RC/AC,how is the WIFI´s quality?
2017-11-7
Use props
Nathaan
lvl.1
Canada

Peterx Posted at 2017-11-7 10:47
1. What Galaxy phone is it? And is it set to airplane mode?

2. If the phone connected to the RC/AC,how is the WIFI´s quality?

1. Phone is a Samsung Galaxy S6, phone is not set to airplane mode. Ive never noticed this before when connecting to other networks. Wifi on my phone just keeps going on and off for 4-5 times then it lets me connect

2. Wifi quality is good when connected. no issues there
2017-11-7
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Try to set the phone to airplane mode and start the WIFI manually and chose the phantoms WIFI and look for the reaction on the phone. Next step comes,if this not helps,look for the connectors on the Gimbal main board. May be one of them is not plugged proper,or the antenna is n´t ok.(2 gray antenna wires in legs of landing gear)
2017-11-7
Use props
Nathaan
lvl.1
Canada

Peterx Posted at 2017-11-7 11:17
Try to set the phone to airplane mode and start the WIFI manually and chose the phantoms WIFI and look for the reaction on the phone. Next step comes,if this not helps,look for the connectors on the Gimbal main board. May be one of them is not plugged proper,or the antenna is n´t ok.(2 gray antenna wires in legs of landing gear)

I will give that a try

Thank you..
2017-11-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Just to verify, is it the WiFi function of your mobile device keeping going on and off or the RC's WiFi does? If it is your mobile device, like answers above, try to set the mobile device to airplane mode, if it is the RC's WiFi, please try to reset the WiFi downlink.
For the battery error, you can try to do a full discharge and then charge it to full, see if it will finally work when it is fully charged. Send the battery in if the problem persists and it is in warranty period.
2017-11-7
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Try this
Go to settings/ privacy and safety/ location/ improve accuracy and turn off WIFI scanning.
2017-11-7
Use props
Nathaan
lvl.1
Canada

I have tried to Drain the Battery and recharge it, problem persists so I'm sending it back for repair. Ill try everything that suggested about the WIFI issue, but it'll be a while because the battery is on its way to DJI.

Thanks you all
2017-11-8
Use props
Nathaan
lvl.1
Canada

By the way it is the wifi on the phone that's giving me problems. But as I've never had this issue before I'm assuming it has something to do with trying to connect to the Phantoms network.

Later....
2017-11-8
Use props
taddtorborg
lvl.1
United States

This may be obvious, or not, but if you tell your smartphone's WIFI to connect to the DJI Standard remote's WIFI, then you will no longer have Internet (via WIFI) since the DJI remote doesn't talk to the Internet, only to the remote and the drone.  Your phone's OS will complain that you have connected to a WIFI that doesn't have Internet.  It's like you are connecting to a printer or something.  
2017-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules