MAVIC PRO - WARRANTY OR DJI CARE?
4025 17 2017-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
r!der_r!ch
lvl.1
United States

Question about warranty and dji care refresh.
Mavic Pro. and dji care refresh purchased in February 2017.
Last week for the first time, had an issue with the camera not connecting. Everything else seemed to work ok. Issue was with camera and gimbal not responding. Upon close inspection, it looked like a bracket/cable snapped off.

Sent into DJI, and was given a quote to repair for $149. I called asking why this wasn't under warranty and was told that I should go through dji care refresh, if I haven't already used it once. This way I pay $79. My question is, do I really need to pay and go through refresh? Shouldn't this be a straight up warranty repair? The craft has never been crashed.

Here's a picture of the "defective" part.

IMG_8843 (1).JPG
2017-11-7
Use props
Mikedefieslife
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6627 ft
United Kingdom

If it came like that, then it's a warranty issue. Of course it all depends on where you are and where your bought it from as to your consumer rights. In Europe goods must be fit for purpose and last a reasonable length of time. That last part has forced companies like Apple to fix what would be warranty issues, outside of their stated 1 year. I believe it's 2 years.
2017-11-7
Use props
r!der_r!ch
lvl.1
United States

Mikedefieslife Posted at 2017-11-7 09:56
If it came like that, then it's a warranty issue. Of course it all depends on where you are and where your bought it from as to your consumer rights. In Europe goods must be fit for purpose and last a reasonable length of time. That last part has forced companies like Apple to fix what would be warranty issues, outside of their stated 1 year. I believe it's 2 years.

Thank you for your input. I've contacted dji again with a request to get this taken care of under warranty, without any fees. Hopefully they see it the same this time around.

Here's the initial quote I received. I purchased the everything new less than a year ago and sent in a copy of the purchase receipt as well.

DJI Care Balance:        0.00(USD)
Quote Date:        11-07-17
Remarks:        Dear Customer, Unfortunately, damage that is not caused by a product malfunction or is out of the warranty period is not covered by DJI aftersales policy. Damage not caused by product malfunction. Well either repair it or replace it with a product thats new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability after payment has been received. For more information, please visit (http://www.dji.com/service/policy) - DJI North America

Item        Quantity        Unit Price(USD)        Total Price(USD)
Gimbal Protection Cover V02        1        8.00        8.00
Gimbal Protection Cover V03        1        8.00        8.00
Camera Flexible Flat Cable        1        3.00        3.00
Repair Service Fee        2        65.00/H        130.00
Freight:                        0.00
Total Amount:                        149.00
DJI Care deduction:                        0.00
Total Payment:                        149.00
2017-11-7
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

The craft has never been crashed.

Assuming you didn't crash or otherwise damage the aircraft then it's a warranty issue, though yours isn't the first case I've heard of where DJI suggested using Care Refresh when it wasn't really needed.
2017-11-7
Use props
r!der_r!ch
lvl.1
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-11-7 10:08
The craft has never been crashed.

Assuming you didn't crash or otherwise damage the aircraft then it's a warranty issue, though yours isn't the first case I've heard of where DJI suggested using Care Refresh when it wasn't really needed.

I just put in a request to review once again. Hopefully they're cool about it and realize this is a straight warranty claim/repair. I'll update once I hear back from DJI.
2017-11-7
Use props
N1QXV
lvl.2

United States

No they will not realize that. You will have to explain it to someone because DJI protocol is to bill the customer first and maybe they will just pay the bill. Otherwise as with many posts the end user had to call and argue with someone that how it should be covered under warranty.

You will be stonewalled and blown off too if you have valid data and issue then told by someone at HQ no you were WRONG and they are correct so pay up !!

See thousands of post.

Then if you speak out enough you will be banned and all your posts deleted.
2017-11-7
Use props
fansaa97d9ae
New

United States

I have a Mavic Pro that I purchased back in January 2017. Never opened, Never flown, Never anything. I'm selling today and need to know what the new owner needs to fly? Do I just give them a copy of my receipt and an invoice (bill of sale), in case they need proof of new ownership, so they can register? HELP!!!!!
2017-11-7
Use props
N1QXV
lvl.2

United States

Usually just the receipt. Did you ever register it?
2017-11-7
Use props
fansaa97d9ae
New

United States

Never Registered............
2017-11-7
Use props
fansaa97d9ae
New

United States

I printed copy of Order Receipt and Order Summary Email for new owner. Also completed a simple bill of sale invoice. Hopefully that's enough for new owner.

Thanks!
2017-11-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi, Rich, sorry for this situation, your concern will be transferred to local repair team to re-evaluate the drone again, we will have someone to follow up and get you an update soon, please wait patiently, thank you.
2017-11-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansaa97d9ae Posted at 2017-11-7 16:29
I printed copy of Order Receipt and Order Summary Email for new owner. Also completed a simple bill of sale invoice. Hopefully that's enough for new owner.

Thanks!

Please transfer the proof of purchase to the new owner, he will just need to register his DJI account and activate the drone.
Any further problem, please keep us updated.
2017-11-7
Use props
r!der_r!ch
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-7 18:01
Hi, Rich, sorry for this situation, your concern will be transferred to local repair team to re-evaluate the drone again, we will have someone to follow up and get you an update soon, please wait patiently, thank you.

Hi Mindy,
Sounds great, thank you for the response and attention.  The craft was sent to Cerritos, CA. In case it helps. Did you need a case number or anything?
2017-11-8
Use props
r!der_r!ch
lvl.1
France

r!der_r!ch Posted at 2017-11-8 09:13
Hi Mindy,
Sounds great, thank you for the response and attention.  The craft was sent to Cerritos, CA. In case it helps. Did you need a case number or anything?

UPDATE

Just received the following message from DJI support.

"Your product sent back qualifies for repair under warranty. Repair will be finished within three to six business days. "

Thank you DJI and thank you Mindy for getting this taken care of the right way.
2017-11-8
Use props
N1QXV
lvl.2

United States

Glad we could help you out.
2017-11-8
Use props
r!der_r!ch
lvl.1
France

N1QXV Posted at 2017-11-8 14:01
Glad we could help you out.

Right on. I'm sure all posts helped with getting more attention. Cheers.

DJI definitely stepped up here. Received a call and email with an update right away. They even apologized for not initially recognizing it was a warranty repair. One day later I received notification that repairs were made free of charge under warranty. This morning I received notification that it's ready and shipping out.

Now I'm just wondering if they're sending out the same unit, or if they just swapped it. In any case, PROPS to DJI.
2017-11-9
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

r!der_r!ch Posted at 2017-11-9 09:59

DJI definitely stepped up here. Received a call and email with an update right away. They even apologized for not initially recognizing it was a warranty repair. One day later I received notification that repairs were made free of charge under warranty. This morning I received notification that it's ready and shipping out.

It's extremely likely that you'll be getting a completely different (someone else's refurbished) Mavic, but also very likely that it'll fly just fine.
2017-11-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

r!der_r!ch Posted at 2017-11-9 09:59

Glad to know the drone has been shipped out, you should have received it, please test the flight performance and keep us posted if there is any problem.
2017-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules