[POLL] Why do you come to the DJI Forum?
12Next >
11407 66 2017-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Hey all,

I wanted to quickly grab some stats and opinions to help with the improvement effort of the forum.

Please answer the poll and if possible, explain what this community offers you that other online drone communities don't.

Note: Please don't reply with how you think the forum can be better. Click THIS LINK to share advice on how the forum can work better for you.

Your opinions are highly valued!
Multiple choiceVote: ( Up to 10 entry optional ), Total 393 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2017-11-7
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

The majority of the folks on here, including the DJI folks, are great!
2017-11-7
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Great place to learn from those who know their stuff!  Captains are the best.  Mods are much better than calling, or chatting.  They can get results.
2017-11-7
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

For me it is a mix of everything listed (except "6. DJI credit", because I have not bothered yet what this might be good for but will check in case I have missed something important ;-) But the most important are two: 1. Reading and sharing real life user experiencies and through this learning as well as helping each other to find solutions; 2. Having a direct contact and feedback with DJI through this truly outstanding team of Administrators and Moderators who really care! And they are not only so active in our little part of the forum depending on which product we are here for, I have noticed that the same persons are taking care of all or at least most other product forums as well. This is hard work and I wish to express my sincere gratitude for what the team is doing!P.S. I forgot one more important thing that was not directly mentioned in the poll: It is always a great pleasure to see the outstanding results that are achieved by the users with their devices and get published in this forum.
2017-11-7
Use props
Dockater
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

Some threads reoccur regularly. I suggest a sort or organized library section or at least a “FAQ” section covering repeated themes over say 3 months or so. I know it means work for someone but would provide a better service, particularly for beginners or for those basic questions.
2017-11-7
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Getting tech help on many topics helps many pilots keep flying and getting the best from their drones
2017-11-7
Use props
RaspPiGuy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35594 ft
Canada

Howdy!  I'd love to have forum notifications built into the app, like for when there's a new post or new reply. Cheers!
2017-11-7
Use props
nottuppaware
Second Officer
Flight distance : 70745 ft
Australia

I enjoy seeing what others do with their drones. A lot of the time is just people complaining, but its not all bad.
2017-11-7
Use props
Tyredecals.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

i like to watch.
2017-11-7
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

I come here for all the listed reasons.  It's always fun interacting with people who have similar interests, even if we sometimes disagree.  And learning new techniques is valuable.
2017-11-7
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Dockater Posted at 2017-11-7 14:00
Some threads reoccur regularly. I suggest a sort or organized library section or at least a “FAQ” section covering repeated themes over say 3 months or so. I know it means work for someone but would provide a better service, particularly for beginners or for those basic questions.

Nice idea, I have noted it down.
2017-11-7
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Joe

Learn and share information with others. It is also nice to see what others are doing in this hobby / profession.  There are a great number of people with experience from many professions on this forum and they are for the most part a wonderful group!  

Rich
2017-11-7
Use props
gezzer300
First Officer
Flight distance : 697851 ft
United States

1. firmware / software info
2. community
3. new stuff, news
2017-11-7
Use props
AEM74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 332677 ft
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-7 13:59
For me it is a mix of everything listed (except "6. DJI credit", because I have not bothered yet what this might be good for but will check in case I have missed something important ;-) But the most important are two: 1. Reading and sharing real life user experiencies and through this learning as well as helping each other to find solutions; 2. Having a direct contact and feedback with DJI through this truly outstanding team of Administrators and Moderators who really care! And they are not only so active in our little part of the forum depending on which product we are here for, I have noticed that the same persons are taking care of all or at least most other product forums as well. This is hard work and I wish to express my sincere gratitude for what the team is doing!P.S. I forgot one more important thing that was not directly mentioned in the poll: It is always a great pleasure to see the outstanding results that are achieved by the users with their devices and get published in this forum.

""6. DJI credit", because I have not bothered yet what this might be good for but will check in case I have missed something important"

DJI credit is just something you can redeem for store credit. You get a points for posting, voting, logging in, etc., but you would need a lot of it for it mean anything. I see it as some payback for those of us who like to contribute and help.
2017-11-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I really like this forum.
Great way to get info, help others and get inspired by others.
2017-11-7
Use props
Mountaindrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>
France

a tool to have the last official informations
2017-11-7
Use props
DJ Enertia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 614065 ft
Australia

This DJI Forums has always been a great community with great admins a place for people to come together share our thoughts and ideas, help each other out and put our minds together to figure stuff out
2017-11-8
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Share videos, photos, feedback, tips, experience, community support, DJI mod support and laughs.
2017-11-8
Use props
Alexei Merinov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4796509 ft
Vietnam

I came to the forum because of a problem. My Mavik fell down. The forum did not leave me alone with my misfortune - I heard a lot of recommendations about the flight modes and the analysis of flight data. Humor forum helped me forget about the problem. My Mavik I repaired on my own - this forum does not help much for repairs. For help in repair I used theRussian forum . I like to watch beautiful videos of my colleagues. I'm interested in commenting and getting answers to the comments. Thanks to the forum team!

2017-11-8
Use props
SjCutting
lvl.3
United States

I come here to watch videos, view photos and find great tips and tricks! Always trying to learn something new.
2017-11-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

There has been some good editions lately on the forum, I like competitions run by dji grace , I just wonder if it’s possible to run a competition where winners would be judged and voted on by their peers here on the forum.
I’m sure it’s pretty simple to do, doesn’t need to carry elaborate prizes, just a taught.
2017-11-8
Use props
Dockater
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

Alexei Merinov Posted at 2017-11-8 07:23
I came to the forum because of a problem. My Mavik fell down. The forum did not leave me alone with my misfortune - I heard a lot of recommendations about the flight modes and the analysis of flight data. Humor forum helped me forget about the problem. My Mavik I repaired on my own - this forum does not help much for repairs. For help in repair I used theRussian forum . I like to watch beautiful videos of my colleagues. I'm interested in commenting and getting answers to the comments. Thanks to the forum team!

I am afraid my keyboard won't do Russian.
2017-11-8
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Thanks so much for the input guys. With Grace's help, the forum will become much better than it is now!
2017-11-8
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

"Other": Trying to keep track of firmware and other updates.
2017-11-9
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1000272 ft
United States

To find out when the Firmware will be fixed.
2017-11-9
Use props
TECNO DRONES
lvl.1
Flight distance : 65623 ft
Spain

Vengo por el eterno problema del firmware del Phantom 4.
Pero puedo ayudar a mucha gente.
Gracias a todos.
2017-11-9
Use props
Nebicaneser
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hope firmwares & app ll be fixed as soon as posible.
2017-11-10
Use props
Nebicaneser
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

TECNO DRONES Posted at 2017-11-9 09:55
Vengo por el eterno problema del firmware del Phantom 4.
Pero puedo ayudar a mucha gente.
Gracias a todos.

Tengo un Phantom 3 SE menos de dos meses y he estado a punto de estrellarlo gracias a la p.... app en android .Perdi una semana intentando activarlo y no se activaba teniendo wifi (7 redes disponibles) , estos listos me decian que mi telefono no era compatible , que usara una red mas potente .. que reintalara la aplicaccion ,,,,,,,,desesperado y probando versiones anteriores llegue a la 3.1.8 que me permitio activar el puto drone ... y actualizar asi por primera vez firmware .... Saludos
los drones ( hardware) no estan mal ..  las app para gestionarlos ... un p... m....., tanto en Android como en Apple

Estoy pensando seriamente vender el aparato , aunque ya le he cogido cariño.
2017-11-10
Use props
Matthew Chirico
First Officer
Flight distance : 769160 ft
United States

I also post to get feedback on projects and see what other content creators are putting out there!
2017-11-10
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

FatherXmas Posted at 2017-11-7 13:14

I would say the same!
2017-11-10
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26493 ft
France

Bought a Mavic, why else
2017-11-10
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

Good forum, more direct connection to DJI developers, repair etc.

I would like to see the ability to be able to jump to the last post I have read in any thread, when I come back to the forum. I hate to have to scroll thru the whole thread to find where I left off that last time I was there so I can real what new posts were made.  

Also, where does the flight distance number come from, because mine is way off and others have said the same. either fix it or get rid of it.
2017-11-10
Use props
repairman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16581 ft
United States

i think its a great forum to learn about dji products,and help others with their drone problems.in the short time ive learned a lot.
2017-11-10
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

FatherXmas Posted at 2017-11-7 13:14

I agree and it is also great to find great people with the same hobby from all over the world.
2017-11-10
Use props
Torkild, Norway
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26273 ft
Norway

In time, maybe all of the choices. New P4 owner, so the needs will probably change over time..
2017-11-11
Use props
Eric ncfwa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322526 ft
Australia

I have learnt so much from the forum, the do's the don'ts it has made my flights more enjoyable and safe, I have made friends and communicated with people with the same interests all over the world thanks,
Eric
2017-11-11
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

I like the community, and also the give and take approach. Learning from people and sharing own experience.
2017-11-11
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Dockater Posted at 2017-11-7 14:00

i agree...
2017-11-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Types +1, ^, all of the above and much much more.
Camaraderie, is high up, on my best of, top ten list.
I have made some awesome friends on here, whom would never have been met, were it not for DJI.
Appreciative of the incredibly rewarding world wide videos, from the diverse and growing membership.

Tech tips and tricks of the pros here, who know this stuff inside out, and backwards.

Learning, Sharing , Growing as a decently qualified DJI drone pilot.

RedHotPoker
2017-11-11
Use props
rmaxwell.dccnet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 698661 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Besides checking 3,4,5,7, I checked 10 and hope to get someone's attention in DJI about how poor the North American service and support has become.  Their technology is fantastic, but the repair and support is the worst I have encountered.
2017-11-11
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules