586 9 2017-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Today had some spare 2 hours and weather seems Ok, but while traveling it worsens, wind go up to 50 km/h and clouds top the mountain. But I was on my way and depleted 3 batteries, had a lot of fun see marvelous sights... and ended up with a lot of footage, great memories and no idea how can I present in acceptable format this experience?

So I put my footage in Resolve and start wondering how to cut it, what to leave.... and then I decided to speed up some sections - watch some tutorials, spend several hours in front of my PC, had some crashes and now am Not happy and feeling clumsy.... But hey, might be next time at least memories are Much, Much better

EDIT
Because of Montfrooij comment below, i decided to re-edit the flight and do a cut vs. speeded up version test

2017-11-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for sharing.
I would consider not speeding up the footage. It looks far less smooth.
If you need a shorter clip, just 'cut'
Nice area to fly btw!
2017-11-7
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-11-7 23:05
Thanks for sharing.
I would consider not speeding up the footage. It looks far less smooth.
If you need a shorter clip, just 'cut'

Dear Montfrooij, I value Your opinion, so I do cut the flight
2017-11-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice improvement
2017-11-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great videos!
2017-11-8
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Thank You, which one do You prefer?
2017-11-9
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Both are badly edited unfortunately but i like speeded one more
2018-2-27
Use props
Leftyguy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1282638 ft
United States

Nice Alex - Thanks
2018-2-27
Use props
Jyunte
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

I actually agree with post #7, above... but don't let that deter you from experimenting! :-)

Firstly, in the first "cut" version, the scenery doesn't change very much between clips. What this does, is have the effect that the viewer just sort of fell asleep for a second and skipped a second or two. It's awkward, jarring.

In the second edit, the "speedy" version, your flying makes the footage jarring. This is expected, because you weren't flying and filming with speeding up the footage in mind. So, when you made adjustments to your flight path and the direction of the camera, you turned relatively slowly for normal speed playback, but too fast for increased speed playback.

Since no one really knows where you flew, you could mix different parts of your flight into the timeline. For example: Flying into the valley, then flying around a specific spot/landmark (even if it's many minutes into the actual flight), then flying along a different-looking part of the valley, then another landmark, etc.

Also, if you like the music, why not cut to it? Listen to the music as you play it back in your editor. At the end of each bar, drop a marker onto the timeline (you can do this with one key press in Premiere without stopping playback, I assume you can do the same in Resolve). Now, drop your footage into the timeline, and cut each clip at the marker. You don't have to make a cut at each marker, you can skip some to make longer clips, but each cut should be made at a marker. The footage will be nicely synced with the music. Here's Peter McKinnon describing how to do this:

2018-2-27
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Jyunte Posted at 2018-2-27 16:58
I actually agree with post #7, above... but don't let that deter you from experimenting! :-)

Firstly, in the first "cut" version, the scenery doesn't change very much between clips. What this does, is have the effect that the viewer just sort of fell asleep for a second and skipped a second or two. It's awkward, jarring.

Thank You for Your suggestions, I kind of know them but it's very hard for me to do it right... but I can at least try
2018-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules