Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 2 Cine ssd record without micro sd?
12Next >
13337 40 2017-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nb_aerials
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1741161 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi,

Quick question I don’t seem to be able to record only on my ssd. If the micro sd is full or not installed i can only record on the cache of my iPhone.

I can see the ssd on the screen on it shows but it won’t record. Is this a fault? Or is it just the way things are? Seems odd you can’t just record on the SSD.

Cheers
Tony
2017-11-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry that the SSD cannot record only without Micro SD card at the moment, new firmware which allows you to record in SSD without SD or when SD card is full is on the way, appreciate your patience.
2017-11-8
Use props
nb_aerials
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1741161 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-8 00:15
Sorry that the SSD cannot record only without Micro SD card at the moment, new firmware which allows you to record in SSD without SD or when SD card is full is on the way, appreciate your patience.

Hi Mindy, thanks for the update! good to know its on its way
2017-11-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

nb_aerials Posted at 2017-11-9 19:29
Hi Mindy, thanks for the update! good to know its on its way

You are welcome, thanks for the support to DJI.
Happy flying.
2017-11-9
Use props
Cashemant
Flight distance : 128852 ft
Japan

i can not record using my SSD i have the license i bought the bundle in January 2017,  everytime i hit record it only records in SD not SSD ...i have a shoot in 3 days , please help me
2017-12-27
Use props
JoshWallace
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17625 ft
New Zealand

Any update on this? Because this is messed up. Top of the line Zenmuse X7 camera system with expensive SSD's can't record anything unless you have a MicroSD recording low res version as well?! Whaaaaat
2018-5-3
Use props
sandiegomateo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58780 ft

I too have an exorbitantly expensive SSD for the X7, and a ridiculously expensive Cinema DNG ProRes license and cannot use our SSD. What progress has been made about this?
2018-6-19
Use props
lolders
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

Has anything been done about this?? May need to use my crazy expensive SSD 480g that I have never used yet.. learning the settings but I noticed SD card wasn't inserted and I couldn't record or see how much recording is available until I put an SD card in...
2018-7-11
Use props
guido's account
lvl.4
Flight distance : 325269 ft
Spain

Sorry that the SSD cannot record only without Micro SD card at the moment, new firmware which allows you to record in SSD without SD or when SD card is full is on the way, appreciate your patience.

Hi Mindy, Is there any new about this? I was recording in SSD last week, and the sd was full, but I followed recording thinking the SDD was penty of space. I didn't see any message about that, and at the end the day I could't find the files shown as recorded (after the SD was full) in to the SSD. It was a huge problem with the client who needs those shoots.
2018-7-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

guido's account Posted at 2018-7-22 02:00
Hi Mindy, Is there any new about this? I was recording in SSD last week, and the sd was full, but I followed recording thinking the SDD was penty of space. I didn't see any message about that, and at the end the day I could't find the files shown as recorded (after the SD was full) in to the SSD. It was a huge problem with the client who needs those shoots.

Currently, we do not have the news about this, when the Micro SD card is full, there should be notification in the APP and the shooting will be stopped, did you notice that?
2018-7-23
Use props
fans28d1d61d
lvl.1
Poland

Sorry that the SSD cannot record only without Micro SD card at the moment, new firmware which allows you to record in SSD without SD or when SD card is full is on the way, appreciate your patience.

I think you have forgotten about someting?  no update about that..... thx.
2018-7-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans28d1d61d Posted at 2018-7-28 13:46
I think you have forgotten about someting?  no update about that..... thx.

Hi there, I have noticed that, your request has been forwarded to our engineers again for attention, whether this feature will be added or not, please note our website about the future release, thanks for your support to DJI.
2018-7-31
Use props
fans303c5328
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6143999 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-9 20:33
You are welcome, thanks for the support to DJI.
Happy flying.

Hi Mindy, I was shooting a TV series yesterday and at the end of the they we realized that DNG image was not really RAW or plain as it should ....It has contrast, sharpness and other stuff so it looks like it has LUT applied already.
How can this could happened? is there any way to fix this? i mean not in post ....
Thanks in advance
2018-9-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans303c5328 Posted at 2018-9-5 04:07
Hi Mindy, I was shooting a TV series yesterday and at the end of the they we realized that DNG image was not really RAW or plain as it should ....It has contrast, sharpness and other stuff so it looks like it has LUT applied already.
How can this could happened? is there any way to fix this? i mean not in post ....
Thanks in advance

Hi there, if you are referring to CinemaDNG, there should be RAW stored in the SSD card, could you please upload several frames to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here so that we can analyze? We also need your firmware version, thank you.
2018-9-7
Use props
HelmetFilms&VFX
lvl.1
Norway

Hi.

I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but where in the manual does it say that you can't record to the SSD without a micro SD?
I did a flight a few days ago and the SSD have almost nothing saved onto it.
The micro SD filled up while in the air, and I got a message while flying. Did this message say that the card is full and therefore nothing can be recorded, although you have over 200GB available?

Will never make this mistake again, and buy a bunch of micro SD cards.

2018-9-10
Use props
fans303c5328
lvl.4
  • >>>
Argentina

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-7 02:04
Hi there, if you are referring to CinemaDNG, there should be RAW stored in the SSD card, could you please upload several frames to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here so that we can analyze? We also need your firmware version, thank you.

I will try to finde the shoot today, how many stills you need?
2018-9-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans303c5328 Posted at 2018-9-20 02:50
I will try to finde the shoot today, how many stills you need?

Two or three frames are fine, thank you.
2018-9-20
Use props
zrhuff2
lvl.1

Hello,

I have an Inspire 2 with a 240gb CINESSD card along with a ProRes license. With all of that I still cant get any of my footage to save to the SSD card, it only saves to the SD card. In the remote settings I have selected for it to be saved to the SSD, and selected 422HQ or 4444XQ. Any help would be great! Disappointed that I paid so much for all of it, and I cant get it to save to the card.
2018-9-20
Use props
FarmerMac
First Officer
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Any news?
What is the idea having 480G of SSD when You cant record on it without the SD card inserted?
I appreciate your patience and understanding.
2018-9-21
Use props
fans303c5328
lvl.4
  • >>>
Argentina

HelmetFilms&VFX Posted at 2018-9-10 07:38
Hi.

I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but where in the manual does it say that you can't record to the SSD without a micro SD?

Yep, it records on both at the same time, if our sd is full it stop recording on de Cinessd too ..
2018-9-22
Use props
fans303c5328
lvl.4
  • >>>
Argentina

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-7 02:04

https://drive.google.com/open?id ... hvSzdMXY-pQJ9Hu0l3r
2018-9-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

FarmerMac Posted at 2018-9-21 03:33
Any news?
What is the idea having 480G of SSD when You cant record on it without the SD card inserted?
I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Hi FarmerMac, currently, the SSD still can only be used with the Micro SD card inserted, we have no info if and when the SSD can be used separately, please pay attention to the future upgrade, thank you.
2018-9-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans303c5328 Posted at 2018-9-22 14:16
https://drive.google.com/open?id=119n24YIrWjBmJhvSzdMXY-pQJ9Hu0l3r

Sorry for the late response because of the Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival,  the original frames will be forwarded to our engineers for further analysis, I will keep you updated once I hear anything from them, appreciate your patience.
2018-9-25
Use props
charlesetischer
lvl.1

Hong Kong

The CinemaDNG records losslessly-compressed RAW and any gamma/color processing, if observed, is applied by the postproduction software you are using. Please refer to the software vendor's manual for processing CinemaDNG.

Most software does not produce perfect result when processing CinemaDNG, but some are close. For DaVinci Resolve, we provided a user guide on the download page of Zenmuse X7. ( https://www.dji.com/zenmuse-x7/info#downloads  ) Please refer to the "Linear to D-Log LUT User Instruction" if you want to create a "log gray" look in DaVinci Resolve. Resolve applies Rec.709 look by default to the RAW but allows you to change as needed. You may also choose to work in the color managed mode of DaVinci Resolve for more choices of gamma/gamuts.
2018-9-25
Use props
fans303c5328
lvl.4
  • >>>
Argentina

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-25 03:03
Sorry for the late response because of the Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival,  the original frames will be forwarded to our engineers for further analysis, I will keep you updated once I hear anything from them, appreciate your patience.

Thanks Mindy, i wait, no problem. I have also wobble hovering problems with my inspire 2 latest firmware .... it is getting difficult to get steady shoots with it which cost me loosing work. I hope your engineers can fix this with a new firmware soon.
2018-9-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans303c5328 Posted at 2018-9-26 12:25
Thanks Mindy, i wait, no problem. I have also wobble hovering problems with my inspire 2 latest firmware .... it is getting difficult to get steady shoots with it which cost me loosing work. I hope your engineers can fix this with a new firmware soon.

Hi there, the post in 24# is from our R&D engineers, please refer to it. If you have further concern, please keep me updated, I will forward to them, thank you,
For the stability issue,  does it happen after the firmware upgrade? Does it happen in every place? Did you try to calibrate the IMU, compass and vision system?
2018-9-27
Use props
fans303c5328
lvl.4
  • >>>
Argentina

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-27 18:42
Hi there, the post in 24# is from our R&D engineers, please refer to it. If you have further concern, please keep me updated, I will forward to them, thank you,
For the stability issue,  does it happen after the firmware upgrade? Does it happen in every place? Did you try to calibrate the IMU, compass and vision system?

Hi Mindy and thanks again for the fast replay!
Yep, it does it in every place and yes i do IMU, GPS and Sticks calibration after every upgrade.
I do not know if is a firmware or the craft itself design problem, but for what i read some I2 does it and some not, my big problem always is that i live in a poor country called Argentina so if dji has not representatives in my country it is impossible for me to send the bird back for revision for many reasons:
- It is going to take at list one month to get it back from you if not more, and that cost me lots of money because i do not have a back up bird to work with.
- I have to pay customs again when it comes back = lots of money.
- in the best scenario that DJI change my inspire 2 for a new one i have to register the new one on ANAC (like US FAA) in order to fly legally, that cost me money too. - if i change the Inspire 2 body, i can not use the same codes for unlock DNG and ProRes so i waste $1500?
So that is why i am so mad of DJI company, because i spend lots of money to get a drone that is not working as advertise and does not let me do my work as good as a should.
I see on your official DJI page that you have 6 or 7 Retail Stores in my country, so none of them can take care of DJI customers and help them ??
2018-9-28
Use props
PH3KS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 39537 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Latest firmware got bugs. DJI already confirmed it. See https://forum.dji.com/thread-165270-1-1.html

About recording without SD. I don't think its going to happen. I would be surprised if the processor is powerful enough to decode playback from the Ssd.
2018-9-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans303c5328 Posted at 2018-9-28 07:00
Hi Mindy and thanks again for the fast replay!
Yep, it does it in every place and yes i do IMU, GPS and Sticks calibration after every upgrade.
I do not know if is a firmware or the craft itself design problem, but for what i read some I2 does it and some not, my big problem always is that i live in a poor country called Argentina so if dji has not representatives in my country it is impossible for me to send the bird back for revision for many reasons:

I understand your concern, currently, we are working on expanding our after-sales service in South America, the retails store sells the product, they may not be able to repair it. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
For the stability issue with the latest firmware, we will need more details for further analysis, may I have the precise firmware version of the aircraft and the RC and the flight data (export via DJI Assistant 2, upload to Dropbox or Google Driver, then post the link here)? Thank you in advance.
2018-9-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

PH3KS Posted at 2018-9-28 11:31
Latest firmware got bugs. DJI already confirmed it. See https://forum.dji.com/thread-165270-1-1.html

About recording without SD. I don't think its going to happen. I would be surprised if the processor is powerful enough to decode playback from the Ssd.

Hi PH3KS, the post by Wanda is not true, please ignore it, the new firmware is under testing, it will be released very soon recently, for the SSD card record separately, we are not sure currently, please note the future update, thanks for your attention.
2018-9-29
Use props
PH3KS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 39537 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Mindy. Thnx for taking the time to respond.

I don't want to hijack this tread

With FW v01.02.0200 i have a wobble while hovering or slow flying. The I2 & X7 is al over the place and not stable. Same as others have posted on this and other sites.
Starting a shot while in hover is unusable.
Uncommanded yaw while accending

Downgrading to v01.02.0100 solves the issue. But has the leg lifting problems while landing and shutting down the motors. Really scary on moving platforms. Was fixed with v01.02.0200

I always reset default and redo all calibrations. Also the RC

Let me know if you need more info.

Reference

https://inspirepilots.com/threads/inspire-2-glitches.21405/
https://inspirepilots.com/thread ... ity-syndrome.21366/
https://inspirepilots.com/thread ... 200-problems.20919/
https://forum.dji.com/thread-167177-1-1.html
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... tid=167285#lastpost
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/ ... d%2A%2A%2A/page1274
2018-9-29
Use props
CR3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5872635 ft
  • >>>
Australia

any update re this?
2019-2-3
Use props
Goonch
lvl.1
United States

I'm just encountering this error now. I'm very disappointed this wasn't documented, especially before i purchased the 480gb SSD. They don't even make 480gb micro sd cards so if I want to use the entire 480gb SSD I need multiple SD cards that I have to swap out. WHAT A PAIN!

This is supper inefficient and very negligible of DJI to not have fixed by now or partially refunded customers the price for the RAW upgrade. This is a SERIOUS usability issue. Can you please make this a priority for the engineering team to fix?
2019-3-1
Use props
fans0e7465dd
lvl.1
Canada

Has there been an update to this?
2019-3-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans0e7465dd Posted at 3-20 12:47
Has there been an update to this?

Hi there, not yet, I will transfer again your request to our engineers.
2019-3-21
Use props
James Powers
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3090213 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-21 23:08
Hi there, not yet, I will transfer again your request to our engineers.

From what I've gathered:

If you use a 480GB SSD, you need to have a large Micro SD card installed as well?

I've only done a few short tests with the 480GB SSD on the X7 Camera, Inspire 2,  and have not come close to filling the 480GB SSD up.

This is very concerning, because I have a client this week and if I need to land to swap out Micro SD cards, it looks like I'll be returning the 480GB SSD.

Please tell me this is not the case, and the DJI has discovered a way to record directly to the $900, 480GB  SSD drive without having to have a large micro SD installed?

Thanks,

James

2019-4-9
Use props
grangecam
lvl.1
Flight distance : 896883 ft
United States

James Powers Posted at 4-9 07:08
From what I've gathered:

If you use a 480GB SSD, you need to have a large Micro SD card installed as well?

HELLO DJI MINDY.   I have a new Inspire 2, all firmware up to date, and with Cinema DNG and ProRes licenses pre-installed.   I have 2 120GB Cine SSD's and one 480GB.    I can see them in the DJI Go4 App, and I can select the resolution and turn on recording to SSD, but it will not record to the SSD's.   
I DO have a very large formatted SD card installed, and it is recording fine.
Why will my SSD drives not record?   I checked DJI assistant but there is no way to add a verification code
because I bought the machine with licenses installed.

Please no nasty messages from other participants.   I have read the manual.
2019-5-8
Use props
grangecam
lvl.1
Flight distance : 896883 ft
United States

grangecam Posted at 5-8 12:05
HELLO DJI MINDY.   I have a new Inspire 2, all firmware up to date, and with Cinema DNG and ProRes licenses pre-installed.   I have 2 120GB Cine SSD's and one 480GB.    I can see them in the DJI Go4 App, and I can select the resolution and turn on recording to SSD, but it will not record to the SSD's.   
I DO have a very large formatted SD card installed, and it is recording fine.
Why will my SSD drives not record?   I checked DJI assistant but there is no way to add a verification code

Ok- problem solved.   The new firmware does not work with Fat32 formatting of the Cine SSD's.
While I was using my Crystalsky tablet with DJI Go4 App,  the Crystalsky was running an older version of the App, and did not update the App, although it updated firmware on all devices.     
Once I updated the DJI Go 4 App, it recognized the formatting problem and prompted formatting in ExFat.
I was not able to format the SSD's in the earlier version of the Go 4 App.
Something for other people to be on the lookout for.
2019-5-8
Use props
PowersFilms
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3090213 ft
United States

Flew some quick flights today and didn't have a micro SD card in my Inspire 2 drone.

To my surprise, NONE of the video clips I flew recorded to the SSD, even though the DJI Go 4 app said it was recording.

Has this not been solved? Shouldn't you be able to record exclusively to the SSD without a Micro SD card in the drone?

2019-5-21
Use props
Xenpix
lvl.1
Flight distance : 282100 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hello Mindy,

Has recording direct to the SSD without the installation of an SD been fixed?

This is quite important as I have a significant investment in DJI Cine SSD cards.

Thanks.

Regards,
Hugh
2019-6-20
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules