Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin Jitter Issue
1191 0 2017-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans440a177b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57812 ft
United Kingdom

Hey Guys,

I have been having some troubles with my Ronin lately and I was wondering if you could shed some light on it.

Since June, I have been running my Red Scarlet-W on the Ronin and have noticed small camera jitters, some worse than others whilst using it.

My current set up is the DJI Ronin with Cinemilled Extension Arms. I am mounting my RED Scarlet W, Canon 17-40 F4.0 Lens, IDX E-HL10DS V Lock Battery and the 4.7" Display - which all falls within the Ronin payload bracket.

The camera is perfectly balanced on the ronin, with all the motor ranges falling under 10 power. I have tried different variations of stiffness, auto tune stability often has it as 88, 60, 88 respectively and I have tried dropping this as low as 30-40 and I am still having the issue seen below in the video:

password: ronin123

As you can see, the jitter is more prominent when I am walking further, some of the shots with less movement don't really have the jitter. But I still don't feel walking movements would be causing the kind of jitter you can see here.

If anyone can help here I'd be really grateful. I've just purchased a D Tap Cable and V Lock Mount to mount the V-Lock on the top handle and take some load of the gimbal. I'm also gonna do some more tests on my FS7 to see if it's a Ronin specific issue.

Thanks in advance,
Josh
2017-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules