1656 10 2017-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb393c839
lvl.1
United States

@DJI Thor.     Or anybody really.

I have an iPhone 6 Plus.

While running iOS 11.0 and earlier I was able to fly my mavic and use the DJI go 4 app problem free.

This past Friday night I updated my iPhone to 11.1
Saturday I had my drone in my backpack, hiked miles into the woods to get the shot I wanted & the app does not work.

It connects, when I click start flight it loads the camera screen so I can see what the camera see’s
But all the options that are normally displayed on the screen are all gone. Well most of them, the only controls I am left with is the camera flip button, the camera settings button, and the playback button.
     None of these buttons are responsive. And after having the app open for a few seconds it just crashes anyway.

Back to my @DJI Thor .... I followed the instructions on locating the diagnostic files / crash files from my phone for the app that you had posted.

I have them on my desk top, is there anyway I can email you these? Or a certain place you would like me to post them on here?

This is my first time posting.

Oh, and as far as trouble shooting this problem I deleted / reinstalled the app. -didn’t work. And reset my phone -didn’t work.

Thanks.

Here’s a screen shot of what I seeing when I connect to my mavic to start flight. As I said these buttons are not responsive and the app crashes within a minute.
2017-11-7
Use props
fansb393c839
lvl.1
United States

Screen shot
2AE04B72-8A86-4F60-BE56-F67F52934F94.png
2017-11-7
Use props
Cfadave
New
United States

I have an iphone 7 plus. Same exact thing has happened to me. Bought a new cable thinking it was that only to have the app do the same. Called DJI for help. They were kind of confused with my issues. Reinstalled with DJI assistant 2 but nothing has changed.
2017-11-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, our engineers are aware of this case, will do the best to get it resolved soon, please wait for the update. Besides, it would be nice if you can also help to name app version you have on your iPhone. For now, if it is convenient, please use another mobile device temporarily.
For the files, please upload them to Dropbox then paste the link here so I can download it. Thank you so much.
2017-11-7
Use props
SadMavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 91132 ft
United States

Not sure why people upgrade when things work fine.....
2017-11-7
Use props
RonMargan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 160896 ft
Israel

SadMavic Posted at 2017-11-7 19:27
Not sure why people upgrade when things work fine.....

cuz ppl want to enjoy new updated in OS.
It's not out falt DJI programers didn't test the beta version like they should have. that is the reason Apple release Developer Beta, so developers could test before release, and no after everyone complain!
2017-11-8
Use props
fansb393c839
lvl.1
United States

@DJI Thor.

The app version I am on now is 4.1.16

I updated to this version on Saturday when I was at the shooting location when these problems first started, thinking updating that app would fix it.

I called DJI on Monday. Technical support said that the issue would be fixed this week. Before the weekend. Who knows if that will happen or not.

I do not have another device to use to fly, and I have a another shoot scheduled this Saturday. I’m going to check and see if it’s fixed by Thursday night. If not I’m going to try following a YouTube tutorial on how to down grade my phone. If that doesn’t work and DJI hasn’t fix the problem I guess I will be having to reschedule/ or losing the job completely.

I do not know what drop box is ...... could you give me some step by steps on how how to get the crash files to it so I can get them to you?

Thanks.

And @SadMavic. Trust me, I would not have updated my phone if I knew it meant not being able to fly my mavic. ..... hopefully next time DJI could send out an email or letter letting their customers know their app is not up to par with apples updates.
2017-11-8
Use props
crysii
New
Flight distance : 1073 ft

Germany

Can the author confirm if DJi released smth which has fixed the issue?

I can confirm with App version 4.1.17, RC version V1.04 the App is still not connecting to RC and just shows disconnected in App screen (iPhone 7 [iOS 11.1] vibrates on plug-in so hardware failure can be neglected).

Thanks!
2017-11-13
Use props
crysii
New
Flight distance : 1073 ft

Germany

After updating to iOS 11.1.1 (iPhone 7) and re-installing the app (4.1.17) things start working again!

Hope this helps.
2017-11-13
Use props
frav
lvl.2
Flight distance : 791184 ft
Sweden

Hi,

I have the same problem.

A brand new iPhone 7 with ios 11.1.1 . Factory reseted, configured from scratch as new device. DJI GO 4 app is possible to login to, but it dosen't find, activate or connect to the Mavic RC. Have tried both USB ports.

The RC & Mavic connects to each others & it is possible to start the engines pulling the sticks down.

When switching over to WiFi it connects to the DJI GO 4 app & I can see all telemetry.

I have tried to remove & reinstall the DJI GO 4 app, but no luck for me.
2017-11-16
Use props
frav
lvl.2
Flight distance : 791184 ft
Sweden

Upgraded this evening to ios 11.1.2. Now the iPhone connects to DJI GO 4, using the cable.
2017-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules