NFZ - Noob Question
1656 12 2017-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansba10115c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 194518 ft
United States

The only way I know how to know if I am in a NFZ is to turn on the mavic and then it the remote will tell you if you are in a NFZ or the GO app will tell me once connected to the remote.  My question is how can I tell without having to fire up the drone?  It doesn't appear the app can do it based on the phone's location.

I've gone back and forth to China a couple of times and understood where the main Beijing NFZ was.  So heading out to the Great Wall, I got some amazing footage!  However, last time I went, a couple weeks back, the government was having some big meetings so they expanded the NFZ pretty significantly.  I had no idea until I showed up to the Great Wall again and was unable to take off

Anyways, just to repeat the question since I rambled... how do I detect all the NFZs around me without turning the drone on?  Is there a setting in the GO App? or perhaps is there another app?  Thanks for your help.

BTW... Here is that GW footage

Matt
2017-11-7
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I use UAV FORCAST App!
2017-11-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

You can go this web before you go. No Fly Zone info will be listed there. The Great Wall is really magnificent, very stunning. Thank you for posting!
2017-11-7
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

I use the app dronist said!
It is awesome.
2017-11-8
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

DocAraxá Posted at 2017-11-8 01:40
It is awesome.

Same here.
2017-11-8
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

DocAraxá Posted at 2017-11-8 01:40
It is awesome.

I have been using UAV Forecast (free version) for awhile, just signed up with a yearly subscription , works fine as an app on my phone, but when I use the PC it gives me a 7 day heads up on  the forecast but the maps are not showing anything but my location, the mobile app shows DJI NFZ's, Airports ect,, anyone know why it doesn't show the same on a PC?
2017-11-8
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good info looking for app now
2017-11-8
Use props
lvl.1
Flight distance : 194518 ft
United States

Are all the apps you use global?  or US centric?  I really appreciate the suggestions, and glad y'all like the video.  I'll be posting one from Bangalore India to my YouTube Channel soon
2017-11-8
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Brazil

@BeMyDrone Posted at 2017-11-8 06:38
Are all the apps you use global?  or US centric?  I really appreciate the suggestions, and glad y'all like the video.  I'll be posting one from Bangalore India to my YouTube Channel soon

Global! Linked by location!
2017-11-8
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Brazil

QuadKid Posted at 2017-11-8 03:05
I have been using UAV Forecast (free version) for awhile, just signed up with a yearly subscription , works fine as an app on my phone, but when I use the PC it gives me a 7 day heads up on  the forecast but the maps are not showing anything but my location, the mobile app shows DJI NFZ's, Airports ect,, anyone know why it doesn't show the same on a PC?

Sorry,
But I can't answer your question!
I only use it on my iphone!
2017-11-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

One of my favourite land marks! Stunning!
2017-11-8
Use props
pinkmenprints
lvl.4
Singapore

The Great Wall Of China alwasy impress
2023-9-24
Use props
djiuser_ELK1qXI10GN9
New

United Kingdom

dronist Posted at 2017-11-7 16:32