Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Tiny Planet of Mayo Clinic Rochester MN, New Mode = HUGE TIME SAVER
8270 70 2017-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Viking-Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

Cool effect and very nice shots, I can't wait to try this out, but I don't know how to do it in the DJI GO4 app, some says they do the spheres in the GO4 app.
2017-11-21
Use props
martin wu
New

Hong Kong

great!
2017-11-21
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

jksphoto Posted at 2017-11-21 06:11
Did you have any interference issues, whilst shooting in the city ?

Depends where I shoot. If I get any lag or disconnect errors then I just shut everything down and change location (sometimes across the street is all it takes), then turn everything back on again. Usually fixes it.
2017-11-21
Use props
jksphoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 114121 ft
Sweden

Bing Err Posted at 2017-11-21 21:54
Depends where I shoot. If I get any lag or disconnect errors then I just shut everything down and change location (sometimes across the street is all it takes), then turn everything back on again. Usually fixes it.

Great tip, Thank you
2017-11-22
Use props
muntos
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23468 ft
Germany

Hi @Bing Err, (again) I'm having trouble finding on my phone the original pictures/videos shoot by the Spark, can you please tell me where(or how) exactly to get those 46 HiRes pics for the Sphere mode ?
2017-11-22
Use props
Flying Wolf_NOL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 345827 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-11-17 19:16
Nicely said. As I mentioned, however, artistic input of tiny planets creators is limited to positioning the camera above targeted landscapes. The procedure no different from taking a burst of images, good or bad, average or fascinating. With the advance of drones technology (Spark in this case) the entire series of necessary images is taken automatically with the push of a button. No creative pain involved here. Few mouse clicks later in computer environment, boom ... another ridiculous, hairy ball is made. How many these balls you would manufacture before it'll became totally boring?

But that's not the point. My skepticism is based on rather mediocre results of this computer generated imagery. Let's go back to the beginning of this entertaining discussion: create an truly fantastic tiny planet with proper sun shadowing (night and day sides), surrounded by a layer of atmosphere and suspended in deep black space with stars. This indeed will require creativeness, skills and time, but I may call it ART and eventually take my hat off  ...

So, what you're saying is that you've set your own 'bar' of what you will call art. I've been looking at examples of 'art' all week for several photographic exhibitions that I'm interested in. I can assure you that some of these tiny planets are much more appealing (to me) than much of what I saw looking at 'real art'.

'Art' Is in the eye (or heart) of the viewer. You mention 'a few clicks on a computer'. So, digital artists aren't artists? In my humble opinion; art is art - the tools and medium don't matter.

Is a painter on canvas more of an artist than a sculptor? Both begin with a blank nothingness and created something that didn't exist before. In much the same fashion, the tiny planet imagery takes a bit more skill that your giving it credit for. That's why the reactions of other posters have been so positive. Try one yourself and you'll see that they aren't all that easy to do well.

Tiny planet's may not be your 'cup of tea' and they may not be 'art' in the opinion of the bulk of viewers, however, that isn't the final word on the topic. If the artist presents them as art.... then I say they are. In his opinion at least. And his is really the only opinion that matters.
2017-11-22
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Flying Wolf_NOL Posted at 2017-11-22 20:10
So, what you're saying is that you've set your own 'bar' of what you will call art. I've been looking at examples of 'art' all week for several photographic exhibitions that I'm interested in. I can assure you that some of these tiny planets are much more appealing (to me) than much of what I saw looking at 'real art'.

'Art' Is in the eye (or heart) of the viewer. You mention 'a few clicks on a computer'. So, digital artists aren't artists? In my humble opinion; art is art - the tools and medium don't matter.

Look what you did to me: you almost made me trying to contemplate a Kraft dinner! Stop this, please ...
2017-11-23
Use props
jksphoto
Second Officer
Sweden

muntos Posted at 2017-11-22 01:10
Hi @Bing Err, (again) I'm having trouble finding on my phone the original pictures/videos shoot by the Spark, can you please tell me where(or how) exactly to get those 46 HiRes pics for the Sphere mode ?

They will be in the Panorama folder in DCIM
2017-11-23
Use props
muntos
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23468 ft
Romania

jksphoto Posted at 2017-11-23 08:44
They will be in the Panorama folder in DCIM

Thank you !
2017-11-23
Use props
jksphoto
Second Officer
United Kingdom

No worries, glad to help. Thats what this forum is good for
2017-11-23
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

muntos Posted at 2017-11-22 01:10

They will be in their own folder on the SD card.
2017-11-23
Use props
In-Flight Studi
lvl.1
United States

Awesome work here!
2017-11-25
Use props
GoForGold
lvl.1
Flight distance : 84662 ft
Germany

Great video tutorial!
2017-12-5
Use props
captirwin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5568 ft
United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-11-12 00:17
I don't know what you should do, because my expectations does not have to be in sync with yours. I know, however, what will impress me really: a tiny planet with one side dark and another illuminated by sun, a planet with way, way less caricatural features, a planet with oceans, forests and mountains. Finally a planet with a layer of atmosphere, suspended in black space with stars in the background.

I can't believe how critical you are...
If you're so smart, why don't you show us how its done. Great Job! Thanks.

2018-1-2
Use props
AlanIRL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5384 ft
Ireland

Again, I find myself admiring the final product - art or not :-) -  and I would love to do something similar but when I consider what is required I can't see how this is operating within the parameters of what the law requires, and what DJI suggests for safe flight. And yet I see some administrators commending the images and recommending them as what the Spark can achieve.
This is clearly a built up area with people around and high buildings which can lead to "flyaway' loss of control and who knows what happens after that.
Am I missing something? Is it within the various advisories and laws to carry out this kind of flight?
2018-1-2
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

AlanIRL Posted at 2018-1-2 11:44
Again, I find myself admiring the final product - art or not :-) -  and I would love to do something similar but when I consider what is required I can't see how this is operating within the parameters of what the law requires, and what DJI suggests for safe flight. And yet I see some administrators commending the images and recommending them as what the Spark can achieve.
This is clearly a built up area with people around and high buildings which can lead to "flyaway' loss of control and who knows what happens after that.
Am I missing something? Is it within the various advisories and laws to carry out this kind of flight?

Interesting point. I guess if you're talking about FAA guidelines then I feel they have intentionally kept themselves vague so they can be argued either way in the future. I always stay away from airports without notice and respect the 400 ft hard ceiling, but other rules are so broad it ridiculous. "Operation over people"? Do I have to be directly OVER or do I provide a safety radius? How large is the safety radius? Does it expand on a windy day? Does it get larger or smaller depending on the weight of my drone? Does it count people in cars that will be protected from a falling drone or only mean people standing? How many individuals defines people? 2? 10? While other states like Tennessee have exactly determined the size of crowds that are illegal to fly over, the FAA continues to use broad terms. 90% of my flights are in Rochester, MN. Rochester currently has NO drone laws, and Minnesota has a few laws, but mostly pertaining to State parks.
This is a great topic of debate though and I'm sure will change dozens of times in the next few years.
2018-1-2
Use props
troutslayer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 125213 ft
United States

So St. Mary's hospital has the helipad for Mayo One. I dont know that you want to be flying anywhere near that hospital. Just saying. It has to have a warning for the helipad correct? idk. I just don't want to see negative things regarding personal drone use in the paper.
2018-1-2
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

troutslayer Posted at 2018-1-2 13:53
So St. Mary's hospital has the helipad for Mayo One. I dont know that you want to be flying anywhere near that hospital. Just saying. It has to have a warning for the helipad correct? idk. I just don't want to see negative things regarding personal drone use in the paper.

Helipads don't count as Airports. Check any No Fly App. Even the FAA agrees on this point. This doesn't mean that I totally disregard them. Any time I hear Mayo 1 approaching or starting up I descend safely and land. I'm use to this as I live less than a mile from downtown.
I agree with you on keeping the image of drones positive and avoiding negative press. However, showing the public what can safely be done and what kind of amazing images can be produced I feel is the way to better the image of personal drones. One of my Tiny Planets of the Plummer Building got retweeted and viewed a few thousand times. I feel that's a win for personal drones.
NFZ.png
2018-1-2
Use props
AlanIRL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5384 ft
Ireland

Bing Err Posted at 2018-1-2 13:30
Interesting point. I guess if you're talking about FAA guidelines then I feel they have intentionally kept themselves vague so they can be argued either way in the future. I always stay away from airports without notice and respect the 400 ft hard ceiling, but other rules are so broad it ridiculous. "Operation over people"? Do I have to be directly OVER or do I provide a safety radius? How large is the safety radius? Does it expand on a windy day? Does it get larger or smaller depending on the weight of my drone? Does it count people in cars that will be protected from a falling drone or only mean people standing? How many individuals defines people? 2? 10? While other states like Tennessee have exactly determined the size of crowds that are illegal to fly over, the FAA continues to use broad terms. 90% of my flights are in Rochester, MN. Rochester currently has NO drone laws, and Minnesota has a few laws, but mostly pertaining to State parks.
This is a great topic of debate though and I'm sure will change dozens of times in the next few years.

Thanks for the reply - a lot to think about. And safe flying. Look forward to more pics :-)
2018-1-2
Use props
Ardenno
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1877910 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Nice man. Thanks for share.
2018-1-2
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

captirwin Posted at 2018-1-2 06:48
I can't believe how critical you are...
If you're so smart, why don't you show us how its done. Great Job! Thanks.

Yeah, I'm not easy to be impressed, indeed. It wasn't like that when I was younger, some things come with age. And I'm not smart either. I just don't like these mass-fabricated images, where otherwise useful Pano Mode is stretched into absurdity. Fun? Yes, apparently to many.  Luckily it will fade away in no time ...
2018-1-2
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-1-2 19:29
Yeah, I'm not easy to be impressed, indeed. It wasn't like that when I was younger, some things come with age. And I'm not smart either. I just don't like these mass-fabricated images, where otherwise useful Pano Mode is stretched into absurdity. Fun? Yes, apparently to many.  Luckily it will fade away in no time ...

tiny planet_propa 3.jpg
2018-1-4
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

This image is Fan-freaking-tastic! I'll be in the mountains in a week. Can't wait to try this out in a new area.
2018-1-5
Use props
norbert a.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 83543 ft
Germany

ali86 Posted at 2017-11-12 18:40
nicely done bro

any app for mac user?

For iOS it is possible with "Tiny Planets". Its for free in the App Store for iOS.
You just import the picture from the spark. Thats all.

Alternative you can use "Hugin" http://hugin.sourceforge.net
2018-1-12
Use props
Sidd Finch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 256 ft
United States

Those were really good. Have you considered offering them to the Mayo clinic so they could post on their web page. Would kind of bee a cool way to look at the clinic if you were a perspective client and wanted to see what the place looked like. Great job.

Sidd
2018-1-12
Use props
Sailor Murfs
lvl.1

United States

WOW. Details on edit. great job
2018-1-14
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Sailor Murfs Posted at 2018-1-14 19:33
WOW. Details on edit. great job

To be honest this image is not my creation. Unfortunately I don't even know who's the author. Find it once while surfing over Internet, never seen again ...
2018-1-14
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Sidd Finch Posted at 2018-1-12 09:46
Those were really good. Have you considered offering them to the Mayo clinic so they could post on their web page. Would kind of bee a cool way to look at the clinic if you were a perspective client and wanted to see what the place looked like. Great job.

Sidd

I thought about making them for businesses. Mayo would be a good place to start, but I have no idea who to talk to.
2018-1-14
Use props
TheDroneLover
New

Australia

Sweet pics!
2018-1-15
Use props
Sidd Finch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 256 ft
United States

Bing Err Posted at 2018-1-14 22:49
I thought about making them for businesses. Mayo would be a good place to start, but I have no idea who to talk to.

They should have a marketing director on staff. and if you went the donation route you might be able to get a tax deduction. I hope it goes well. Great shots.

Sidd
2018-1-15
Use props
CharlieZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Cool, thanks for sharing!
2019-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now