Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Staring at the sea
1305 14 2017-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sparkassenkunde
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3904 ft
Germany

A lonely figure standing at the shores of the Baltic Sea. This scene once again opened my eyes for the dimensions of our being. Look how tiny we are, compared to the inconceivable expanses of our surroundings:

This post contains more resources

You need to Login Before they can download or view these resources, Don’t have an account?Register now

x
2017-11-8
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Woow, nice angle
and definitely tiny. It cost me some time to find you. LOL
2017-11-8
Use props
Sparkassenkunde
Second Officer
Germany

DJI Grace Posted at 2017-11-8 00:23
Woow, nice angle
and definitely tiny. It cost me some time to find you. LOL

Thanks for stopping by and taking your time to comment on my pic I have to admit, that the figure you have found is not me, though. It is just a person enjoying the beauty of nature and the nice landscape  - as I did, too.
2017-11-8
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Sparkassenkunde Posted at 2017-11-8 00:33
Thanks for stopping by and taking your time to comment on my pic  I have to admit, that the figure you have found is not me, though. It is just a person enjoying the beauty of nature and the nice landscape  - as I did, too.

ohh, sorry for that mistake. You capture it so well!
2017-11-8
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

Great shot...the vast ocean
2017-11-8
Use props
Sparkassenkunde
Second Officer
Germany

Viking-Pilot Posted at 2017-11-8 10:08
Great shot...the vast ocean

Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated!
2017-11-8
Use props
Wizzokartworld
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4109377 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

i do like this picture i tried  to take them on my p4p but still working on them what is the best settings please i have it all on auto
2017-11-8
Use props
Wizzokartworld
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4109377 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

my second look at this and it looks like a painting just brilliant thank you for letting us see it
2017-11-8
Use props
Sparkassenkunde
Second Officer
Germany

Wizzokartworld Posted at 2017-11-8 11:05
i do like this picture i tried  to take them on my p4p but still working on them what is the best settings please i have it all on auto

Thank you for your feedback, I'm glad you like it! I really can't tell you, what the best settings on the p4p are. As the Spark is my first drone, I am just beginning to expand my photographic skills with aerials. At the moment I leave the settings on automatic mode and use my usual workflow in post processing.

In this case I used some shots from a series of a sphere shot to produce a panorama with the built-in routine of Adobe Lightroom. Then I adjusted the white balance an did some fine-tuning on shadows and lights. The conversion to black and white was done in SilverEfexPro 2 (part of the NIK collection, offered now for free from DXO).

I hope these notes give you a slight hint on your question. Btw, although there are many "rules" for photography from many honorable people,  there is no "wrong" or "right" in photography imho! It is all about the fun of using whatever you like to get an image of the things you encounter in your long journey called life. If you like what you have captured, it is much more worthy than what others think about it.
2017-11-8
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

Sparkassenkunde Posted at 2017-11-8 11:00
Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated!

You are welcome
2017-11-8
Use props
Caspers driver
First Officer
Flight distance : 4540515 ft
United States

Sparkassenkunde Posted at 2017-11-8 11:25
Thank you for your feedback, I'm glad you like it! I really can't tell you, what the best settings on the p4p are. As the Spark is my first drone, I am just beginning to expand my photographic skills with aerials. At the moment I leave the settings on automatic mode and use my usual workflow in post processing.

In this case I used some shots from a series of a sphere shot to produce a panorama with the built-in routine of Adobe Lightroom. Then I adjusted the white balance an did some fine-tuning on shadows and lights. The conversion to black and white was done in SilverEfexPro 2 (part of the NIK collection, offered now for free from DXO).

I Really like the photo and what you said about photography couldn't be more true.
2017-11-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

This is a nice picture.
I might have tried to crop the lower part so you only have water in the bottom.
Not sure if that works better, but maybe
2017-11-14
Use props
DANIEL7781
Second Officer
Portugal

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-11-14 05:09
This is a nice picture.
I might have tried to crop the lower part so you only have water in the bottom.
Not sure if that works better, but maybe

I wouldn't change a thing... That is the magic of this pic.
That's all there and the little human compose even better the pic.
2017-11-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DANIEL7781 Posted at 2017-11-15 01:03
I wouldn't change a thing... That is the magic of this pic.
That's all there and the little human compose even better the pic.

That is a nice detail indeed, although I feel it is out of balance now.
It is just a suggestion of course
2017-11-15
Use props
Sparkassenkunde
Second Officer
Germany

Thank you for your feedback, I am happy about the conversation this picture has brought up! I also tried some differrent versions beforehand, but imho the lonely person made the picture a bit more meaningful, so I ended up with exactly these dimensions in cropping. For a pure landscape or nature shot the scene is not powerful enough for my tastes.
2017-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules