DJI Grace
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

The following part origins from: BUYYING GUIDE

Camera Settings:
This is where you can adjust the following camera settings:

Auto: The camera decides what it thinks are the optimal settings for your photo or video.
Aperture (A) This controls how much light gets through when you take a picture. This is measured in ‘f-stops’. A smaller f-stop number means a bigger aperture and so more light comes through and a bigger f-stop number means a smaller aperture, so less light comes through. In A mode, you can set the Aperture, but other settings will still be set automatically to match exposure.
Shutter (S) The Shutter controls for how long light is let into the lenses. To simplify the shutter, a low shutter speed lets more light in and is good for taking pictures in dim lighting while a high shutter speed lets in more light and is good for taking crisp shots of moving objects or people. In S mode, you can set the shutter speed, but other settings will be set automatically to match exposure
Manual (M) – You can set both Aperture and Shutter manually for maximum control.
EV (Exposure Compensation Value): This dial shows you how far away from the recommended settings you are before you take a photo with manual settings. Ideally, you want the EV to read 0 as if it’s +2 then your whites will be far too bright and if it’s -2 then your picture will be very dark. There are some situations where you might want a high or low EV for example if you trying to take a picture in a dark environment with a slow shutter speed then you will want a higher EV setting.

Photo Settings:
Here you can adjust the way your camera takes pictures.

Photo:

Here you can select the mode for how the pictures are taken.

Single Shot: The standard mode, it takes a 1 picture every time you tap the shoot button.
HDR Shot (High Dynamic Range): If this option is selected then the camera will take 3 images of the same scene. One will be underexposed, another overexposed and the last will be properly exposed then it will combine the 3 images to create a more dynamic JPEG.
Multiple: With this mode, the camera will take multiple pictures when you press the shoot button. You might want to use this mode if you are trying to get a shot of a moving subject.
AEB (Automatic Exposure Bracketing): This can be set to 3 or 5 shots and works in a similar way to HDR Shots taking overexposed, underexposed and properly exposed photos. However, in AEB the images are in RAW and not combined as this is up to the user to combine them with image editing software. (Not Spark)
Timed Shot: This allows you to set a countdown timer before the shot is taken, it’s useful for taking selfies.
Pano: Capture a panoramic image quickly. Pano has another mode attached to it called Sphere mode, this is where the drone will take multiple shots and stitch them together to make a sphere shaped image.
ShallowFocus: This mode allows you to create a depth of field effect in your photo.

Image Size:

You can choose the size of your picture 4:3 this is the old standard 35mm size that used to be common during the SD era of TVs. 16:9 this is the common size for HD capable devices and 3:2 is the traditional size for printed photos (3:2 P4P).

Image Format:

In this area, you can choose between taking photos in RAW, JPEG and RAW + JPEG. (NOTE Spark can only take pictures in JPEG)

White Balance:

This is the process of removing unrealistic colour casts so that objects which appear white in person are rendered white in your photo.  It is measured in Kelvins. If you have Auto selected then the camera will decide what is the best setting. You can also choose from a selection of profiles or set it yourself.

ABD0C7F7-1905-93EF-CFBE-9F790A7360BD.png

Style:

This is where you can configure the sharpness, contrast and saturation of the images or videos that your drone’s camera takes. (Triangle) Digital Sharpness this makes the picture sharper. (Circle) Contrast controls the strength of the lights and the darks in the picture. (Rectangle) Saturation of colours low saturation makes the photos look dull and high saturation make the colours pop. These can be set in a range of -3 to +3.

Color:

Here you can set the camera colour profile. These settings affect the colours in your photo.  D – Cinelike and D –Log are both designed for taking photos that will be post-processed later on. The rest of the colour profiles are ready to go with no post-processing required.
Other Camera Options:
Here you can turn off and on a variety of settings. The options available are drone dependent. The screenshots used for this section are from the Mavic Pro.

Histogram: Turning this on will make a little histogram box appear on the screen. This box will show the exposure of the picture you are going to take. The left side of the graph represents the blacks or shadows, the right-side represents the highlights or the bright areas and the middle section is the mid tones.
Front LEDs Auto Turn off: If this switch is toggled it means your Front LEDs will turn off when you start recording.
Lock Gimbal When Capture: If this is toggled on then the gimbal will try to keep the camera pointing in the same direction when you take a photo. If it is turned off then the gimbal will follow the movement of the aircraft.
Enabled AFC Mode: AFC stands for ‘Auto Focus Continuous’ and if this is toggled on then the camera will automatically focus when you start recording.
MF Focus Assistant (P4P): If this is toggled it helps you to focus when shooting in the manual camera mode.
Mechanical Shutter (P4P + Inspire 2): If this is enabled then it will prevent getting ‘jelly’ images when taking a photo of a fast movie subject.
Portrait Capture (Mavic): Enabling this spins the gimbal into portrait mode.
Over Exposure Warning: If you turn this on then the app will tell you when your photo is overexposed. (MAVIC/ Phantom 4 / Inspire 2)
Auto Sync HD Photos: If this setting is enabled then the aircraft will stream full resolution pictures taken from the drone to the mobile device during flight.

Long Exposure Preview: If this is toggled a preview of a long exposure shot will pop up before you take the shot.
Video Caption: If this is toggled on then when you take a video the app will make a text-based subtitle file (SRT) that contains information about Altitudes, GPS, ISO, Shutter, Barometer, Home Point GPS coordinates etc.
Grid: Turning this one will bring up a guidelines grid to help you frame your pictures better following the rule of thirds. You can also turn on diagonals to help find your leading lines.
Centre Points: Here you can choose the visual style of your centre point in the live view.
Anti-Flicker: This prevents flicker when recording and it has two options 50 Hz and 60 Hz. These options are region based with Europe being 50 Hz and the US is 60 Hz.
File Index Mode: This controls the file numbers assigned to videos and photo you make with your drone. If you set it to continuous then the number will just keep on going up with every picture or video you take. If it is reset then the number will start again at 001.
Peak Focus Threshold: This adds red lines around edges to indicate focus. You can switch between off/low/normal/high these setting control when the effect activates.
Format SD Card: This wipes your SD card’s information.
Reset Camera Settings: This will reset camera’s settings to default if activated.

Video Settings:
Here you can configure how drone takes videos.

Video Size:

Here you can choose from a range of resolutions and frames per second. The options you’ll see here will depend on what drone you’re flying or which camera you have attached to your Inspire 2.

Video Format:

Here you can choose what file type your video is in. Again the options you’ll see here depends on what drone you are flying or which camera you have attached to your Inspire 2.

NTSC/PAL:

These are formats used for displaying videos. To put it basically, if you’re in the Americas then you’ll want it set to NTSC and the rest of the world uses PAL.

LEARN MORE

2017-11-8
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Nice to finally have some Go 4 documentation, it's much appreciated. Would point out that pano and shallow focus features in the descriptions for the third screengrab are not available on the Mavic Pro and perhaps other models?
2017-11-8
Use props
djiuser_BGwgPZX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25843 ft
United States

When will pano and shallow be available on the Mavic Pro?
2017-11-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_BGwgPZX Posted at 2017-11-8 16:01
When will pano and shallow be available on the Mavic Pro?

The request has been forwarded to our engineers. Hopefully they can consider this in the future.
2017-11-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice read!
2017-11-14
Use props
Hammond
lvl.1
Thailand

Ok a stupid question probably I know but I am new to all this
1 does the phone with the app need to be connected to hand set to adjust the camera settings
2 how do I access the camera settings from the home screen

Sorry for the silly questions
2018-1-9
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

1 - YES
2 -  Right side home screen bottom icon just  under record button it [looks like 3 sliders]
2018-1-24
Use props
Dorset_Horn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 93379 ft
United Kingdom

Very useful detail.
2018-1-25
Use props
fans283ef9b0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33307 ft
France

Hi there, My DJI go 4 app has not the options for setting the aperture manually. I wonder that if the apps are different? please help me. I would like to set up the aperture of the phantom 4 pro camera. doing pan motion as well. but it is not possible while the app doesn't has these settings.
2018-3-7
Use props
Naseem Ahmad
lvl.1

Pakistan

nice one very good effort
2018-6-21
Use props
dronto
Second Officer
Singapore

nice sharing, thanks Grace
2018-7-18
Use props
djiuser_oNkBQ3XetT2y
New
Flight distance : 39590 ft

Israel

What are the optimal video settings for K4 in Mavic pro?
2018-8-11
Use props
djiuser_oNkBQ3XetT2y
New
Flight distance : 39590 ft

Israel

What are the optimal video settings for K4 in Mavic pro? Including mobile video streaming 4K
2018-8-11
Use props
Ray_Drone_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 531640 ft
Singapore

Great info
2018-8-21
Use props
fansad97f474
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hello can someone tell me why my shutter is red colour please most of time is red mavic pro 2 zoom
2018-9-25
Use props
djiuser_OHjMWyUkr9o0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12044 ft
United States

Whether the camera is set in aperture or shutter priority, or manual, as camera adjustments are made they should be reflective (under/over or correct exposure) on my Iphone in the DJI Go app, correct? I recently had my camera in shutter priority and the shutter was set a 7 seconds which I wasn't a where of. The images looked great in the DJI Go app and in the DJI flight records, yet they were horribly overexposed. Why didn't this show in the DJI Go app?  Thank you,
2018-10-30
Use props
djiuser_IpM3eoYngFnp
New
United States

How can I film video in B&W on the Spark? I can't find the color setting in the settings.
2019-4-13
Use props
djiuser_Nzi1oTbGmIdZ
lvl.1

DJI go4 aperture not showing
2019-9-15
Use props
djiuser_Nzi1oTbGmIdZ
lvl.1

In my go4 app aperture setting not showing
I use phantom 4 please help
2019-9-15