New and nervous!
692 12 2017-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
K9 Droner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95643 ft
United Kingdom

Please guys if i press the RTH button on the controller does the Mavic Pro return to the controller or from where it took off?

Thanks in advance
2017-11-8
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

To where You started it! But You can chose in menu Home point and can changed it to Your position provided You have GPS in Your device
2017-11-8
Use props
ny300z
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2603478 ft
United States

best to test this out yourself in a open field first so you know exactly what it does before needing to do this when in trouble
2017-11-8
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

And please, read the manual, and watch the vids on youtube.
2017-11-8
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

From the original home point that you take off. Now if you land somewhere else, then that'll be the new home point. Test it out on an open field. I did the very same test when I started flying to see the accuracy of the RTH.
2017-11-8
Use props
K9 Droner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95643 ft
United Kingdom

alex_markov Posted at 2017-11-8 06:26
To where You started it! But You can chose in menu Home point and can changed it to Your position provided You have GPS in Your device

Thanks for the comment.  Would you know how to do this? story is i'm going Fishing on a boat in africa next week and want to take it!
2017-11-8
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

K9 Droner Posted at 2017-11-8 06:47
Thanks for the comment.  Would you know how to do this? story is i'm going Fishing on a boat in africa next week and want to take it!

2017-11-8
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

K9 Droner Posted at 2017-11-8 06:47

on a boat take off ashore or when on a boat use dynamic homepoint
2017-11-8
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

You have 2 settings options- you can set for a home point or you can set for return to controler.
2017-11-8
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

The function for setting RTH point is in yr settings - either general settings or the aircraft settings and pretty much at the top of that screen. but u really should practice this before going on a boat because situations could arise where you must make quick settings changes (maybe battery is running down or heavy wind quickly picks up) - so you should be well practiced in where to find it and well practiced in knowing what settings to choose in event of a worst case scenario.
2017-11-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

From where the drone took off - I highly suggest you read the whole manual...
2017-11-8
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

RTH needs strong GPS signal and you should ensure that the drone records home point successfully. You can get more information in our manual.
2017-11-9
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518012 ft
China

As DJI Elektra said, is a must to wait for the AC to establish the home point before taking off. As the OP said in the title, "New and Nervous" I would suggest you go over the entire manual and not the quick start guide. Experiment and get a feel for what each and every option does. The best way for you to fight insecurity is with knowledge and familiarity, get to know your Drone and its features.

I know it might sound boring to go over the entire manual together with your AC, but this is the only way you will be able to save a lot of headaches and pain in your pockets in the long run. Besides this will allow you to become a much more proficient pilot which will enable you to know what to do when things get hairy. Most of the cases I had seen in the forum where people had lost their drones, are due to pilot error at some point or the other.   

Cheers!
2017-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules