Osmo doesn’t work correctly
1388 11 2017-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dudeway
New
Philippines

Hi everyone!

I have a such problem, my Osmo X3 doesn’t start recording videi and makong pictures. I pressed the red button to start recording but nothing happened at all.

But stabilization and all control works correctly.

Also when i started Dji Go app through iphone, it conected with my Osmo but i’ve seen the black screen in the app. So i can’t start recording from the app too.

Do someone know how i can solve such problem?

Thank,
Alex
2017-11-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

What is the color of the indicator in the handle when power on?
What mobile device are you using?
I suggest to try to reset Osmo firstly to see if it works:
Before powering on, keep pressing the Trigger and Shutter button at the same time, then press Power switch for about 8 seconds, when the right indicator becomes solid green, release them, search Osmo WI-FI and input default password again.
2017-11-9
Use props
Dudeway
New
Philippines

Hi! The colors of the indicator are green from the right side near power button, and yellow color from the left side.  

I’m using Iphone 6.

Just trying to reset it as you wrote but it still doesn’t work.

The main problem that i can’t start recording and i can’t see the real time picture from osmo in the app.
2017-11-9
Use props
Salty777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117077 ft
Malaysia

If the LED on the left of the handle (as you look at it from the back) is yellow it means you have a micro SD card error.... is there a card in the camera? If there is, eject it, wipe the contacts with a micro-fibre cloth and re-insert it fully.
2017-11-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Salty's suggestion is great. Please make sure the SD works, and the left indicator should be extinct.
But if the Osmo cannot record when you press record button when the SD is normal, it would be a problem.
Please refresh the firmware to have a try:
2017-11-10
Use props
Dudeway
New
Philippines

I tried to do all as you wrote, but Osmo still cannot record, left indicator the same yellow.

My current firmware is 1.10.2.60
2017-11-10
Use props
Dudeway
New
Philippines

I’m trying to update a new firmware OSMO_FW_V01.11.02.70.bin wrote it on my SD card, put it into the Osmo and nothing happened.

After pressing the trigger, record and power swich button it start blinking from the right side with red and green color.

Maybe i should try another firmware?
2017-11-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Dudeway Posted at 2017-11-10 17:52
I’m trying to update a new firmware OSMO_FW_V01.11.02.70.bin wrote it on my SD card, put it into the Osmo and nothing happened.

After pressing the trigger, record and power swich button it start blinking from the right side with red and green color.

Did you use the original SD card? Please try to change another SD card and upgrade your OSMO again. Keep us updated, if it fails again.
2017-11-11
Use props
Dudeway
New
Philippines

Yes, i used various types of SD card, also original sandisk extreme  and when I tried to update the firmware, right indicator blinked with green and red color
2017-11-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Dudeway Posted at 2017-11-11 06:58
Yes, i used various types of SD card, also original sandisk extreme  and when I tried to update the firmware, right indicator blinked with green and red color

Green and red alternatively blinking means the Osmo is updating, please wait a few minutes to see if  both of them will become green.
2017-11-13
Use props
Dudeway
New
Philippines

Dear Mindy, it blinked more than 20 minutes and nothing happened, indicators didn’t become green, I tried various SD cards.
2017-11-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Dudeway Posted at 2017-11-15 18:50
Dear Mindy, it blinked more than 20 minutes and nothing happened, indicators didn’t become green, I tried various SD cards.

Can you please check the log file in SD card?There will be a result about the updating in the root directory of SD card.
For more detailed log, please open the hidden folder in your computer, find the file under \MISC\LOG\.
2017-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules