1886 6 2017-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ToledoAerial
lvl.2
Flight distance : 432713 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello, I'm in need of some help with a Matrice 100. We have a 100 with dual batteries and guidence installed. We've been having this issue that whenever elevating (full throttle up) the drone with rotates in circles. When spinning I can only control the altitude and I can't get the sticks to do anything other than that until I just control land it or it stops rotating in mid air. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

FYI: Latest FW in drone and guindece, fresh IMU cal and compas cal done prior to flights.
2017-11-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Just to verify, did you take off on the plateau? If you are not, then it might be that the drone is outweighed. Normally speaking, these two conditions will result in a drone's self-spinning.
2017-11-12
Use props
ToledoAerial
lvl.2
Flight distance : 432713 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-12 19:42
Just to verify, did you take off on the plateau? If you are not, then it might be that the drone is outweighed. Normally speaking, these two conditions will result in a drone's self-spinning.

Ya I took off on flat ground. I can fly to a position and then when I give it full power to elevate it will start spinning.

This is a M100 with dual battery setup, object avoidance and an X5. It doesn't seem to do it with 1 battery installed (in the rear) but when theres 2 installed it happens more often then not. Do you think it could be the weight distribution?
2017-11-21
Use props
ROBERM19
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

The IMU system itself should be compensating for that, unless one of your sticks on the controller is being pressed slightly left or right when you ascend. Does it happen when you use automated takeoffs through a grund control station software?
2017-11-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

ToledoAerial Posted at 2017-11-21 08:04
Ya I took off on flat ground. I can fly to a position and then when I give it full power to elevate it will start spinning.

This is a M100 with dual battery setup, object avoidance and an X5. It doesn't seem to do it with 1 battery installed (in the rear) but when theres 2 installed it happens more often then not. Do you think it could be the weight distribution?

If it is possible, we would like to view the data from the drone first.
Please connect the drone to a PC, initiate DJI Assistant 2 and export the data, upload to Dropbox so I can catch it. Thanks a lot.
2017-11-28
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-28 18:45
If it is possible, we would like to view the data from the drone first.
Please connect the drone to a PC, initiate DJI Assistant 2 and export the data, upload to Dropbox so I can catch it. Thanks a lot.

Aloha Thor,

My friend works for an engineering company that recently bought a Matrice 100 with two batteries and Guidance.  We have been building it and testing it.  Yesterday, I was able to make my friend's Matrice 100 have Toledo's spinning problem.  My friend's Matrice 100 also only does not spin when one battery is used.

Were you able to solve Toledo's problem or advise him on how to handle the problem?

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-1-29
Use props
solaroebi
lvl.1

Switzerland

It can be a compass calibration problem. If you turn yourself 360 degree with the drone in hand, this can happen. Take care to turn the drone 360degree of its own vertical axe.
2018-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules