Downgrade Pilot app to 1.0.2 (Macintosh)
12Next >
9453 65 2015-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rbimd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 407710 ft
United States

For those of you who have upgraded and wish to DOWNGRADE in order to have the increased channel selection once again, it can be done. You need a copy of the 1.0.2 version of the app which may be in your TRASH folder when you connect your mobile device to iTunes. If you have emptied your trash, you may find a copy of the old app online. I tried to include one, but the size (80 Mb) and file type restrictions of this forum prevented it.(1) On a Macintosh, open your home folder (whatever you have named it), open Music, open iTunes, then open Mobile Applications.
(2) Drag the DJI Pilot 1.0.3.ipa file to the desktop.
(3) Drag the DJI Pilot 1.0.2.ipa file from wherever you downloaded it, back into the Mobile Applications folder.
(4) Delete the DJI Pilot app from the mobile device you use with your controller. ( you still have the app on your computer so you can reinstall if necessary). To do this, touch and hold the icon for the app on your mobile device until the jiggily apps appear with the "x" in the upper left corner.  Touch the "x", Confirm that you wish to delete.
(5) Sync your mobile device which you are using with the flight controller via iTunes in the usual manner.

That's it!
2015-4-10
Use props
pelicaniphone
lvl.1

Canada

Good work Rbimd!  here is the .ipa file

I found the file and added it to my dropbox:  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s8g84 ... B2ShWjoLjQdoPa?dl=0

That's all!
2015-4-10
Use props
Rbimd
lvl.3
United States

Your link didn't work when i tried it. I have provided a link to MY dropbox account with a copy of the file.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nlnx89 ... ot%201.0.2.ipa?dl=0
2015-4-11
Use props
Rbimd
lvl.3
United States

Rbimd Posted at 2015-4-11 19:16
Your link didn't work when i tried it. I have provided a link to MY dropbox account with a copy of t ...

Apparently you must have a Dropbox account or create one (free) in order to download this file.
2015-4-11
Use props
pelicaniphone
lvl.1

Canada

I have a dropbox account, Do you know how I could change that aspect of the downloaded file?
2015-4-11
Use props
kirk.pleasant
lvl.2

Qatar

Thanks for the file!
2015-4-12
Use props
Theo ter Haar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20730951 ft
Netherlands

Rbimd Posted at 2015-4-11 19:17
Apparently you must have a Dropbox account or create one (free) in order to download this file.

Thanks also
2015-4-13
Use props
Rbimd
lvl.3
United States

FYI, I posted this BEFORE the latest firmware upgrade, so be careful if you downgrade, I haven't tested Pilot 1.0.2 with the new firmware....
2015-4-16
Use props
Rbimd
lvl.3
United States

That is a good reason for the change, please disregard my post
2015-4-23
Use props
philip.lima
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8000988 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does anyone still have the 1.0.2 ipa file they could put up on drop box?
2015-4-29
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

arunmehta Posted at 2015-4-16 18:33
the new app 1.03  is Rock solid i selected channel 20 in the ism's displayed ...my connection is exc ...

I cannot understand that the FCC says it is illegal? Fatshark transmitter and receivers use all 32 bands. How is Lightbridge different?

2015-4-29
Use props
tobiasbischoff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 396280 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Guys, please has anybody still a copy of the 1.0.2 iPa ? This could be the key for flying the p3 with iOS before 1.1 gets approved
2015-5-4
Use props
Rbimd
lvl.3
United States

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nlnx89 ... ot%201.0.2.ipa?dl=0
Please do NOT operate with this file in the United States. See the comments of Arunmehta above.
2015-5-5
Use props
nala
lvl.4

United Kingdom

these  downloads don't install due to being signed to someone else iTunes
2015-5-13
Use props
Rbimd
lvl.3
United States

Those pesky Apple guys! That  is why I keep all the old versions of my .ipa files in a folder on my Mac. They will be found in your Trash after an app upgrades; just don't empty your trash before you drag the files from the Trash
2015-5-14
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-4-30 08:15
I cannot understand that the FCC says it is illegal? Fatshark transmitter and receivers use all 32 ...

I'm not an expert on frequency usage but this explanation was provided on RCGroups:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2091053&page=189

I don't know whether the actual frequencies used by Fatshark as its 32 "channels" are the same ones formerly used by the Inspire, however according to the above analysis, some of the channels Lightbridge was using encroached into the cellular telephone spectrum, and even the legal ones were at greater-than-legal power levels.  This has set a level of performance expectation that is now going to be very difficult for DJI to meet.

Two questions I would like to see DJI answer (though given their history, unfortunately, it's unlikely that they will):

1) How did the Inspire go into international distribution as type-accepted by the FCC and equivalent regulatory agencies in other nations when it was completely outside the specifications of a type-accepted device, and

2) What is DJI doing to remedy the situation, given that the current situation makes the device useless for many DJI customers?  After all, a remotely piloted camera is not of much use if you can't see the output.
2015-5-14
Use props
dennis
lvl.3
United States

Rbimd Posted at 2015-4-11 19:16
Your link didn't work when i tried it. I have provided a link to MY dropbox account with a copy of t ...

Your link worked for me bro - Thank you.
2015-5-14
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

The only problem I have is when I try to add it to my phone via iTunes, it gives me a different apple id acct.  Password please?
2015-5-14
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

dbeck@promobox. Posted at 2015-5-15 07:13
The only problem I have is when I try to add it to my phone via iTunes, it gives me a different appl ...

Is there anyway to have both 1.02 and 1.1.1 on same ipad at the same time?
2015-5-14
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Who is   "ringersoll007@me.com" need your PW to DL into my phone...PLEASE
2015-5-14
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

dennis@aerialpe Posted at 2015-5-14 23:28
Your link worked for me bro - Thank you.

Hey Bro, how did you do it?
2015-5-14
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

PeteGould Posted at 2015-5-14 20:37
I'm not an expert on frequency usage but this explanation was provided on RCGroups:

http://www.rcg ...

Hey Pete,

Thank you as always for sharing this with us. I thought or assumed that DJI was using the normal 32 channels that are available with other systems. I believe that Fat Shark is using the correct 32 channels that the FCC allows and depending on your license (if you have ham) you can get higher power transmitters. I own the 5.8 ghz unit myself.
2015-5-14
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Rbimd...useless without your PW for iTunes..please..thanks
2015-5-14
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Rbimd Posted at 2015-5-14 18:32
Those pesky Apple guys! That  is why I keep all the old versions of my .ipa files in a folder on my  ...

Is there any way to get the older app? i tried the routine here but the app  is locked into the original downloader.. the latest itunes throws a message saying not authorized machine....even though my machine is authorized.. we need an unclaimed virgin app download :-)
i loved my channel 32 i was getting upto 3k( 9000feet)  (tested) now reduced to 3000 feet on channel 19 or auto (auto has too much hopping and constant locking)
also losing RC connection MORE often on the latest firmware..wtf
2015-5-15
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Agree.  I'm a Lic Ham Radio op and I AM allowed too operate these freqs.  We need it bad.  PLEASE someone answer this SOS!!! (save our sanity). SOMEBODY step up and do the right thing!!  Thank you in advnce!
2015-5-15
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Is there ANY place where one can download the older DJI Pilot app 1.02 and re-install it? It could be an easy hack for digitally inclined person???
2015-5-16
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

THE issue is APPLE.  Once it is in a iTunes library ,then that person needs to supply the sign in and PW to allow us to access (see above Rbimd), HE needs to do this!  He can then change the PW after we have DL that APP and all is good
2015-5-16
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

dbeck@promobox. Posted at 2015-5-16 21:21
THE issue is APPLE.  Once it is in a iTunes library ,then that person needs to supply the sign in an ...

It would be nice for DJI to allow older versions on itunes app store
2015-5-16
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

THAT will never happen. We both know someone on this board has 1.0.2.  That person needs to help us and send us a link.  The SW APP is awful buggy
2015-5-16
Use props
Rbimd
lvl.3
United States

Ok guys. Here is the deal. I will repost DJI Pilot 1.0.2 to my dropbox account. I will post my iTunes ID information for ONE WEEK until midnight EST May 29th. I am going to monitor my iCloud account daily and if there is ANY funny business on my account i will SHUT DOWN THE DOWNLOAD. Again I emphasize that this file is for persons OUTSIDE THE USA, as channels used therein are NOT in compliance with FCC regulations.
Dropbox link:https://www.dropbox.com/s/nlnx89 ... ot%201.0.2.ipa?dl=0
iTunes account: ringersoll007@me.com
iTunes password: Inspire123 (please note capitalization of "Inspire")
clock is running......
2015-5-16
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

You are the king!!!  I owe ya a beer
2015-5-16
Use props
Rbimd
lvl.3
United States

So what is the deal with 1.0.2 versus the newest version? Does having fewer channels result in a poorer connection, or is it something else?
2015-5-16
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

The reduction in channels is the by far the biggest issue. I noticed some other transmission issues as well. There are some improvements (IMU cal) but that is the biggest issue.
2015-5-17
Use props
esimsoft
lvl.3
Flight distance : 776722 ft
China

Rbimd, you are my hero! As an inspire 1 user in China , I have been troubled with the channels for a long time ! Thanks for the 1.0.2 !!!
2015-5-17
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Yea its true. You have to be a GEN class Ham radio op to operate in that spectrum (23cm band...Ametuer). I guess there will be a lot of new QuadPilots looking to get their license now!!  HA  go to www.arrl.org (I' m recruiting!)
2015-5-17
Use props
Rbimd
lvl.3
United States

Interestingly, I just got my Gen class license 3 weeks ago K9RBI (vanity)
2015-5-17
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

W6ZZW.  All ways a pleasure  You are golden!
2015-5-17
Use props
michael.holzner
New

Germany

Rbimd Posted at 2015-5-17 02:45
Ok guys. Here is the deal. I will repost DJI Pilot 1.0.2 to my dropbox account. I will post my iTune ...

Any chance providing the app again? Have been able to install it on my iPad. But user center crashed permanently. So I have to reinstall. Credentials doesn't work anymore.
2015-5-22
Use props
Kolerazie
lvl.1

Germany

Does it still?
2015-5-25
Use props
markjacobs.talk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

dbeck@promobox. Posted at 2015-5-15 20:22
Agree.  I'm a Lic Ham Radio op and I AM allowed too operate these freqs.  We need it bad.  PLEASE so ...

If you are a licensed radio amateur and are 'allowed to use' the frequencies in question - since you would be sending encrypted/digital data packets over the pertinent frequency how would you embed/prefix your callsign into the data stream at regular intervals?
Just curious.   
2015-5-25
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules