1101 8 2017-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fontinalis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 975367 ft
United States

Hi All,

Since I got my P4P in February I have used it mostly for shooting real estate still photos. I've shot at about 75 locations and hundreds of my photos are on the local Multiple Listing Services. I have one client: the agency where my wife is a realtor. I now do all my post work on stills in Lightroom and my output quality is improving.

An area I haven't delved into is video, mainly because of the effort vs benefit ratio. However, the agency just got a listing that screams "film me" so of course I will be shooting video this weekend.

I knew that sooner or later I would have to start doing video, so a couple weeks ago I shot and edited a video. I chose a piece of property owned by a land conservancy for which I donate time as the site's "steward". I am donating the video to the conservancy.

The video was shot in 4K D-Cinelike, ISO 100, F5.6 ish, varying shutter speeds, WB set to "cloudy". Edited in Cyberlink PowerDirector16, no LUTS, manually adjusted color. Produced in 1080 v.264 MP4.

I will appreciate any feedback or criticism that you all might be willing to provide regarding filming, flying, editing, music, anything. Thanks in advance for your time and comments.

Here is the video on a Google Drive and here it is on a streaming site, iPlayerHD. To me it seems better viewed from Google Drive, but others say they can't tell the difference.

Don

2017-11-8
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Not a bad job at all very well done.
Just one shot there were the drone is taking off and kicking up the leaves i would remove that section.
Music suits the theme of the video well and movements were relatively smooth and pleasant to watch.
Looking at it as a prospective buyer i probably would have liked to see more of the property and not quite as much of the water but thats just me.
You could have taken the drone up a little higher to show the property in its entirety this would give prospective buyers a better idea of the overall ground layout and contours.
All in all well done.
2017-11-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video.
Not sure if it is usable to sell the place. I might want to focus on some overhead shots and maybe get rid of most of the detail shots.
2017-11-8
Use props
Fontinalis
lvl.4
United States

Thanks for watching and your comments guys. This video's purpose is not to sell the property, just to show it on their website, It's a non-profit. But point well-taken about more shots from 400 feet.
2017-11-8
Use props
Fontinalis
lvl.4
United States

And Hellsgate agree I should remove the take-off. Just think it is cool looking with the leaves flying but you are right
2017-11-8
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fontinalis Posted at 2017-11-8 14:27
Thanks for watching and your comments guys. This video's purpose is not to sell the property, just to show it on their website, It's a non-profit. But point well-taken about more shots from 400 feet.

Aloha Don,

Very nice effort in all respects for a Conservency, so the windy opening can work if you choose to use it.  For real estate many of the objectives go in the opposite direction and I think that was what they were saying, so there is still some good information there.

As for editing, I think you have that down and the videography worked well with the subject matter.  Slow rotations get more and more important for the higher resolutions you publish.  Your real estate video will be another adventure, so strap in!  Soon you will have it all covered for a first layer.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-11-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

It's a good beginning! All of us learn from the practice.
2017-11-9
Use props
Fontinalis
lvl.4
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-11-8 16:00
Aloha Don,

Very nice effort in all respects for a Conservency, so the windy opening can work if you choose to use it.  For real estate many of the objectives go in the opposite direction and I think that was what they were saying, so there is still some good information there.

Thanks for the comments, Cetacean. Will work on slowing down the rotations, they come out much faster when viewing the video than they "feel" while flying.
2017-11-9
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fontinalis Posted at 2017-11-9 07:17
Thanks for the comments, Cetacean. Will work on slowing down the rotations, they come out much faster when viewing the video than they "feel" while flying.

Aloha Don,

True, the rotations do feel different than when viewed on a bigger screen.  Sometimes, though, shut off the camera and just blast-em with the Phantom and have fun.  Then put in another battery and go back to work!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules