Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can't register in app.
24214 7 2017-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_3NntnBZ
lvl.1
United States

Just received a Phantom 3, all went well until I got to the regristration process and it won't let me register as it cannot connect to the internet. i have tried everything and spent about an hour on the phone with customer support with no solution. When I get to the last step in the registration (aircraft IS connected to the phones wi fi.) I get a message, "check your internet connection the activation requires internet access to link your aircraft to your account, so I chang my wi fi settings on the phone to connect to the internet instead of the aircraft and get a similar message.

The tec rep I talked to today thought the problem is my phone not being compatible. It's an LG G3.

Is there anything else to do for a work around? Can't really afford a new phone right now, or do I have an expensive paper weight?

Thanks for any help.

2017-11-8
Use props
RADROCKET
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1110827 ft
United States

Create an account on www.dji.com.
Download the DJI Go app (DJI Go, NOT DJI Go 4) from the App Store or Google Play Store.
Power on your remote controller by pressing the power button for 1 second, releasing it, and then pressing it again for 3 seconds. Then do the same to power on the aircraft.
Connect a compatible mobile device with your Phantom 3 standard via WIFI. The default password is 12341234.
Go back to the app and it will ask you to activate your aircraft.
Then follow the instructions in the app to name your aircraft. You can change the name later in the app if you want.
Choose a Stick Mode. Mode 2 is the default mode, and you can set a custom mode after activation if you want.
After all this, the app will ask you to switch the WIFI to your home WIFI network. Follow the steps in the app to finish activation.

Check out this tutorial for a visual walkthrough:

If the activation fails or the aircraft disconnects during the process, you can troubleshoot with the following steps:
1. Try using an Android device if you’re using an iOS device, or vice versa. Get everything connected and try again. Check this site to see which mobile devices are compatible with DJI Go:  http://www.dji.com/phantom-3-standard/info#downloads
2. Try to register with another email account on the DJI website then log into your app and try to activate again.
3. Try another WIFI network or 4G to ensure internet stability.
2017-11-8
Use props
djiuser_3NntnBZ
lvl.1
United States

I have done all the above as well as what i mentioned above. here are some screen shot of the message i get any way I try to connect, to repeat this is the activation, whether the phone is connected  to the aircraft, or 4g or my home wi fi.
2017-11-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_3NntnBZ Posted at 2017-11-8 16:52
I have done all the above as well as what i mentioned above. here are some screen shot of the message i get any way I try to connect, to repeat this is the activation, whether the phone is connected  to the aircraft, or 4g or my home wi fi.[view_image][view_image]

I would suggest to change to another recommended mobile and try again. I'll attach the tutorial video for double check.

2017-11-8
Use props
djiuser_3NntnBZ
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-8 23:27
I would suggest to change to another recommended mobile and try again. I'll attach the tutorial video for double check.

That's the problem I don't have another mobile to try. I have gone through all the steps as indicated in the video, when I disconnect from the phantom and connect to my home wi fi network and click activate it gives me the message I posted, I even tried using 4G instead of wi fi, and still won't work.
2017-11-9
Use props
djiuser_3NntnBZ
lvl.1
United States

Update. I found one of my sons old phones in the garage (Samsung S5) and all worked and I am now registered. Now wait for the weather to improve.

Thank for all the help.
2017-11-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_3NntnBZ Posted at 2017-11-11 09:50
Update. I found one of my sons old phones in the garage (Samsung S5) and all worked and I am now registered. Now wait for the weather to improve.

Thank for all the help.

Thanks for keeping us posted. Glad to hear this. Enjoy it and happy flying!
2017-11-14
Use props
Jimbo11249
New

After going throught the steps to register my email and password in the app only to not be able to register at the end, I checked the website and my email had been registered afterall ...
Had to reset password from the website as it wasnt recognised and then finally i could login to the app - problem solved
2019-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules