Can you use the face tracking feature with Skype, FaceTime etc?
31982 20 2017-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spanky Deluxe
New

United Kingdom

Hi all,

I ordered an Osmo Mobile this afternoon after being blown away by footage that a friend posted on Facebook taken on his iPhone X with the Osmo Mobile today. I watched some reviews and loved the look of the face tracking feature in the app. One thing I was wondering though is if there is any way to use that functionality when doing something like a Facetime call? Maybe something like Twitch, YouTube Live etc?
2017-11-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Active Tracking is built in our APP, I don't think you can use it when Face time.
But it can definitely be used during live streaming.
2017-11-9
Use props
david548
lvl.1

India

In my opinion facetime for android in the best app ever in the android phone. You can use all features of facetime app in android mobile. I guesss facetime is the top video communication app.
2018-2-12
Use props
stgermaniac
lvl.1
United States

Extending face tracking to video chat would be huge. Then I could use my Osmo Mobile 2 more.
2018-12-16
Use props
djiuser_xnVAXNrPLDCv
New

Brazil

Whatsapp Brasil 5551984501853 carlos
2019-5-28
Use props
fans82a71382
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2379 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-9 01:24
Active Tracking is built in our APP, I don't think you can use it when Face time.

How do you use the active track with live streaming or facetime, or messenger?
2019-11-8
Use props
HofrKraft
New
Canada

This is definitely the killer feature. Will Apple implement Osmo 3's API, that would be amazing, though I don't think they will do so. So an alternative is needed.
2020-4-22
Use props
fans94c147a4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 134409 ft
Canada

Yes, FaceTime, Skype, zoom? I just ordered this yesterday thinking this is the most obvious use case. Without video calling support it’s significantly less interesting.
2020-5-8
Use props
GoldPorky
New

United States

Planning to buy DJI OM 4. But my big question is will it work with facetime or messenger?
2020-12-9
Use props
djiuser_fvgJDMOf9bNV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12018 ft
United States

Hi Mindy - thanks for confirming the question. As a new OM4 user and avid FaceTime conference, (I'm not sure the tech behind it) getting the OM4 tracking paired with iOS FT would be the BEST thing to happen to this amazing gimbal!  Thanks for listening and considering the evolution g.
2020-12-16
Use props
ravinator
New

Thailand

I think what we should really get is the DJI Ronin SC and a Tripod. It supports a heavier payload so we can have 2 phones set up and achieve what we want. See this guy make it work with a much heavier camera + phone + a 3rd screen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZFrezZiB9w

If any of you do this, please post an idiot-proof step by step guide on how to actually put it together as easily as possible.

It's obviously going to cost more money but looks like it can get the job done. But adding a tripod makes it much less portable, although I did see other videos on Youtube that have the Ronin hooked up to one of those Joby setups.
2020-12-17
Use props
fansd0039524
New
United States

May I use active track in live streaming on messenger or Face time ?
2020-12-26
Use props
Chris Cal1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 427270 ft
United States

david548 Posted at 2018-2-12 22:13
In my opinion facetime for android in the best app ever in the android phone. You can use all features of facetime app in android mobile. I guesss facetime is the top video communication app.

“ in my opinion FaceTime for android is the best app ever“

There is no FaceTime for Android.
There are video calls using different apps but no FaceTime. It is alApple only.
2021-5-14
Use props
phuc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 765906 ft
Australia

djiuser_fvgJDMOf9bNV Posted at 2020-12-16 08:01
Hi Mindy - thanks for confirming the question. As a new OM4 user and avid FaceTime conference, (I'm not sure the tech behind it) getting the OM4 tracking paired with iOS FT would be the BEST thing to happen to this amazing gimbal!  Thanks for listening and considering the evolution  g.

Yes!!,yes!!!yes I've done that you can FaceTime and active track together by placing 2 phones,

one phone running mimo app with active track and another running facetime, viber chat or gay chat
buy a tablet holder and place 2 phones together
2021-10-7
Use props
phuc
lvl.3
Australia

fansd0039524 Posted at 2020-12-26 09:17
May I use active track in live streaming on messenger or Face time ?

Yes!!,yes!!!yes I've done that you can FaceTime and active track together by placing 2 phones,

one phone running mimo app with active track and another running facetime, viber chat or gay chat
2021-10-7
Use props
phuc
lvl.3
Australia

ravinator Posted at 2020-12-17 15:15
I think what we should really get is the DJI Ronin SC and a Tripod. It supports a heavier payload so we can have 2 phones set up and achieve what we want. See this guy make it work with a much heavier camera + phone + a 3rd screen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZFrezZiB9w

2021-10-7
Use props
phuc
lvl.3
Australia

2021-10-7
Use props
phuc
lvl.3
Australia

djiuser_fvgJDMOf9bNV Posted at 2020-12-16 08:01
Hi Mindy - thanks for confirming the question. As a new OM4 user and avid FaceTime conference, (I'm not sure the tech behind it) getting the OM4 tracking paired with iOS FT would be the BEST thing to happen to this amazing gimbal!  Thanks for listening and considering the evolution  g.

2021-10-7
Use props
djiuser_wfwnEwDvgST4
New

United States

Can you be a little more specific? I cannot find any method for using active face tracking during Zoom or Facetime calls. I have a DJI OM4 and I’m looking for specific directions on how to do active tracking while on a face time call. So I can set the gimbal  on the counter on its tripod and have it just follow me in the kitchen while I FaceTime. Either that, or for someone from DJI to just say officially “it can’t be done”. Thanks

Followup - question - you say you can do it while streaming; do you have directions on how to do that?
2021-10-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_wfwnEwDvgST4 Posted at 10-24 08:53
Can you be a little more specific? I cannot find any method for using active face tracking during Zoom or Facetime calls. I have a DJI OM4 and I’m looking for specific directions on how to do active tracking while on a face time call. So I can set the gimbal  on the counter on its tripod and have it just follow me in the kitchen while I FaceTime. Either that, or for someone from DJI to just say officially “it can’t be done”. Thanks

Followup - question - you say you can do it while streaming; do you have directions on how to do that?

Sorry to tell you that the ActiveTracking feature can only be enabled while using the DJI Mimo app. Please refer to the video below. You can use the DJI OM4 as a stabilizer when you are on a face time call or live streaming.
2021-10-25
Use props
user33660f0dee
New
Flight distance : 160994 ft
United States

fans94c147a4 Posted at 2020-5-8 08:25
Yes, FaceTime, Skype, zoom? I just ordered this yesterday thinking this is the most obvious use case. Without video calling support it’s significantly less interesting.

2022-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules