Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Watching Movies and Playing Games on the DJI Goggles
45090 67 2017-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
neonadler
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Thank you for your advise.
2018-1-14
Use props
fans0f9f25fa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43 ft
Australia

The problem with watching movies and playing games on the DJI Goggles is that the the user has to be able to focus on a screen that appears to be less than 12 inches away. A more comfortable distance would be around 5 feet away. The viewing lenses need to be at least 2.5 diopters stronger. This is a design fault that needs to be corrected by DJI.
2018-1-15
Use props
Airwater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1517057 ft
United Kingdom

That could be because these are primarily for FPV and not movie watching which is a nice extra feature. Has anyone tried doing actual work on these? Like say Excel or Outlook work? Curious if I could use these to relive the eye strain I get with monitors.
2018-2-13
Use props
Diversant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112162 ft
Russia

Guess there's no 3D for games and movies? Only this stops me from buying Goggles.
2018-3-3
Use props
spookster
Captain
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

Diversant Posted at 2018-3-3 01:49
Guess there's no 3D for games and movies? Only this stops me from buying Goggles.

No there is not, and as far as I know nothing in that direction is planned.
2018-3-4
Use props
Diversant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112162 ft
Russia

spookster Posted at 2018-3-4 06:49
No there is not, and as far as I know nothing in that direction is planned.

Maybe just hope that DJI would do some other goggles edition. But "nothing is planned" says for itself.
2018-3-5
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Captain
Flight distance : 8330174 ft
  • >>>
Canada

fans0f9f25fa Posted at 2018-1-15 04:57
The problem with watching movies and playing games on the DJI Goggles is that the the user has to be able to focus on a screen that appears to be less than 12 inches away. A more comfortable distance would be around 5 feet away. The viewing lenses need to be at least 2.5 diopters stronger. This is a design fault that needs to be corrected by DJI.

I agree whole heartedly.  I have to wear +3 glasses to use the Goggles, with Fatsharks I need no correction at all for a crisp image.
2018-4-25
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-1 01:25
Well received. Thanks for your precious suggestions. I'll forward to the engineers for review.

Hi DJI Susan,

Has there been any updates to previous suggestion, which was referred to the development team?

Your feed back would be appreciated.
2018-5-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

UNsyncED Posted at 2018-5-21 18:45
Hi DJI Susan,

Has there been any updates to previous suggestion, which was referred to the development team?

I have not got any update from the engineers. We will release on our website as soon as there is an update. Thanks for your attention.
2018-5-24
Use props
Beeworld
Second Officer
Flight distance : 190259 ft
Australia

fansb55e3c03 Posted at 2017-11-9 14:24
I agree with all of this except you said “it’s like sitting 3 metres from an 18 inch screen”...?
Maybe 18 foot screen?
I have the goggles and have been using them to watch former drone videos as I wait patiently for my MPP to arrive.

Yeah, I was scratching my head over this one too ... 3 meters away from an 18 inch screen doesn't sound impressive ....

2018-6-18
Use props
dronto
Captain
Singapore

very nice review Grace, thank you!
2018-7-19
Use props
donthaveanyidea
Second Officer

very nice
2018-8-4
Use props
TimDerLauch
lvl.3

OMG Nice hack ! Thanks for sharing !
2018-8-8
Use props
natnatroswell
lvl.4

United States

Sinful Sin 13 Posted at 2018-1-14 16:12
my goggles were working fine to play my xbox and watch movies, all of the sudden i have a sign that says HDMI disconected, i ahve tried diferent cables, nothing is working help please?

That's quite hard to troubleshoot cause there are a lot of factors that may cause that error. It's either the port in the googles, Xbox or the HDMI cable(which seems less likely since you already tried different cables).
2018-8-8
Use props
Chris1a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 801 ft
Sweden

I read this guide and ordered a pair of goggles today (from a store in Sweden) due to them working double duty as movie watching goggles, according to this DJI guide that is. Then I find this thread and it turns out that you can’t turn off status bars for the battery and whatnot. Is this still present when using the HDMI? I just splashed out over €400 thanks to this article. Failing to mention focal points issues could be a concern when describing the goggles as great alternatives to watching movies, tv, play games etc, reading an article like this makes it seem that it’s a non issue (ie that the goggles have adjustable FP).

DJI, can I get an update on the not being able to remove status bars etc while watching movies issue, have anyone at DJI HQ dealt with it? I realize it’s been 12 months since the first posts, so I might’ve missed updates on it, if I have, I apologize.
2018-11-21
Use props
Byrdman75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 856411 ft
United States

I would also like the ability to turn off the On-Screen Display of the battery status and the Screen Resolution using the HDMI input. Is there any update on adding this feature?
2018-12-3
Use props
CoreyB10
Captain
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I got sick using it with my PS4. Tried it with TitanFall 2 and couldn't use it. Strange really as I fly full FPV quads and don't get sick at all and fly standing up. Wife loved them though.
2019-3-3
Use props
singgiha
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3548481 ft
Indonesia

18 inches only???

or 18 feet????
2019-11-25
Use props
Jason369
New

Georgia

gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood
2019-12-10
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
First Officer
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

fans0f9f25fa Posted at 2018-1-15 04:57
The problem with watching movies and playing games on the DJI Goggles is that the the user has to be able to focus on a screen that appears to be less than 12 inches away. A more comfortable distance would be around 5 feet away. The viewing lenses need to be at least 2.5 diopters stronger. This is a design fault that needs to be corrected by DJI.

second this...

from a human factors engineering statdpoint the goggles are a case study in how not to design a machine human interfacing device...

you will literally go blnd if you spend hours in goggles with a 9 inch focal distance.. you will be wearing coke bottle bottom thick glasses to drive a car or see more than 10 feet away in less than 6 months
2019-12-19
Use props
jakebaugh
New

United Kingdom

I

I tried playing coin master on my DJI Goggles & the experience was worth it. Graphics and display was more than what I expected. I also played the live version of coin master and the results were same.
2020-12-29
Use props
djiuser_TA7bRj6l5g3O
New

Pakistan

Hey,

I just purchased the DJI FPV System but am still waiting on my quad parts to come in. Is there an easy way to watch movies using the goggles in the meantime?

Thanks and Best Regards:
2021-1-25
Use props
Karlitto
lvl.1

Ukraine

Игровая индустрия сегодня находится на высшем уровне. И мы это видим и знаем. Поэтому его нужно принимать и активно использовать. Вот как я это делаю. Играю в классную игру The Outer Worlds. Очень яркая и красочная ирга с хорошо продуманным сюжетом и игроками. Вы можете узнать больше от моих друзей по адресу https://gammicks.com/guides/the-outer-worlds-cheats-guide/.  Они отлично поработали над статьей. Все расписано и объяснено в иллюстрациях. Плюс к этому были добавлены некоторые коды для упрощения игрового процесса.
2021-4-5
Use props
Karlitto
lvl.1

Ukraine

2021-4-5
Use props
scoble08
Captain
Flight distance : 4327592 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can use an Amazon Firestick and remote with a HDMI D adapter with the Goggles RE.  Watch movies, TV, etc.
2021-4-27
Use props
maratonininkas
lvl.1
Lithuania

Sorry for resurrecting an old topic, but can you do the same with DJI FPV Goggles V2?
2021-9-3
Use props
oliverbent
New

Pakistan

I am very interested in watching movies I found the best application to see the best movies on Hotshots if you download this app you can enjoy all kinds of movies.
2023-11-14
Use props
aramsmak
lvl.1

Germany

VR provides a truly immersive experience by surrounding you with a virtual environment. Instead of just watching a screen, you feel like you are inside the movie, enhancing the overall enjoyment. VR platforms often offer virtual cinemas where you can watch movies on a simulated big screen. This creates a sense of scale and grandeur similar to traditional cinemas, allowing you to enjoy films in a larger-than-life format.
2023-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules