DJI phantom 3 standard
3883 9 2017-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rachel-parry
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hello, I am thinking of buying the DJI Phantom 3 Standard Drone for my son. However I heave read that the APP is very difficult to use and not recommended. Would you be able to clarify whether the APP is tricky, or whether we would be able to enjoy the full functions of the drone when using the APP?
Many thanks.
2017-11-9
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

The app is very good and your son will enjoy!  Just have him read the manual thoroughly.
2017-11-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I would suggest to use a recommended mobile device. The performance has been tested and stability can be ensured. You can find the recommended list here: http://www.dji.com/phantom-3-standard/info#downloads
2017-11-9
Use props
rachel-parry
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-9 19:36
I would suggest to use a recommended mobile device. The performance has been tested and stability can be ensured. You can find the recommended list here: http://www.dji.com/phantom-3-standard/info#downloads

Thanks very much. I have checked the list and my phone, an Alcatel Pixi 4 is not listed. However, my son seems to have successfully downloaded the app. The Android version of the phone is 6.0. Do you know therefore if this mobile will work with the drone? We haven't bought the drone yet... Many thanks.
2017-11-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

rachel-parry@ou Posted at 2017-11-13 10:44
Thanks very much. I have checked the list and my phone, an Alcatel Pixi 4 is not listed. However, my son seems to have successfully downloaded the app. The Android version of the phone is 6.0. Do you know therefore if this mobile will work with the drone? We haven't bought the drone yet... Many thanks.

It is hard to say it will be compatible with DJI GO 4 or not if it is not the device which we suggested. The result comes from practice.
2017-11-13
Use props
rachel-parry
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hello. We now have the DJI Phantom 3 drone and are using it with an iPhone 5s. All seems to be going very well, except a few days after first using it successfully, the drone no longer appears to hover; It stays roughly in one area but goes up/down/back/forth on its own and is not as still as it was at first when hovering. Do you know what might be causing it please? My son has updated to the latest firmware. Many thanks.
2018-1-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

rachel-parry@ou Posted at 2018-1-1 02:02
Hello. We now have the DJI Phantom 3 drone and are using it with an iPhone 5s. All seems to be going very well, except a few days after first using it successfully, the drone no longer appears to hover; It stays roughly in one area but goes up/down/back/forth on its own and is not as still as it was at first when hovering. Do you know what might be causing it please? My son has updated to the latest firmware. Many thanks.

Hi Rachel, may I know how many satellites and how about the GPS quality when the drone drifted? I'd suggest change to another open location with enough GPS signal to check the exact status.
2018-1-1
Use props
djiuser_0F7tFnNxWWll
New

Help please help I've just encountered a issue with my phantom 3 standard,right hand switch on controller is in the up poison however the drone won't start up as it's in p-atti mode why
2018-9-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_0F7tFnNxWWll Posted at 2018-9-10 06:00
Help please help I've just encountered a issue with my phantom 3 standard,right hand switch on controller is in the up poison however the drone won't start up as it's in p-atti mode why

Hi there, do you refer to the S1 switch? If yes, please make sure the S1 has been toggled to the top position and start the motor in the open field with good GPS signal to check. The drone may enter P-Atti mode when the GPS signal is not good enough, please kindly note and understand.
S1.png
2018-9-10
Use props
FlyILM
New
United States

I bought a Phantom 3 Standard for my son over two years ago, when he was 12.  You don't need DJI Go to fly.  I would suggest starting in beginner mode with simple maneuvers, to get the fell of flying.  DJI Go lets you automate some tasks, like circling around a point of interest and automatically returning home.  It also lets you see what the camera is seeing and taking photos and video.  We paid $10 for a First Person View app that lets you control the direction of the drone by turning your head, with the phone/app mounted in Virtual Reality goggles.  There was too much lag for it to be useful.  We have recently purchased the Litchi app to pre-program flight missions.  We are having trouble getting it to connect to the drone.I suggest using the basic DJI Go app and if your child gets into flying and videography, they upgrade to fancier apps.
2020-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules