Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Black Friday - Tiger & Co - Shark Bay, Western Australia
3357 46 2017-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IntrepidDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3620226 ft
Australia

Shoot It WA Posted at 2017-11-28 16:48
Great videos and photos! Just a heads up though, it's illegal to fly within 300m of whales and dolphins with a drone in WA... (ridiculous I know)

Thanks for your message, but I have been down this road a few time before and your info is not entirely correct.  These regs are actually enforced by Parks & Wildlife/fisheries & wildlife - not CASA. If flying in a national park, you go by National Park guidelines. I have permission to fly in national parks and the information included with my permission is to the contrary, which I have fed back to CASA. These regs are far more suitable compared to the crazy 300 mtrs which covers light aircraft and allow safe operation within a reasonable distance to any marine wildlife within a national park.
2017-11-28
Use props
Shoot It WA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3576476 ft
Australia

IntrepidDrone Posted at 2017-11-28 22:35
Thanks for your message, but I have been down this road a few time before and your info is not entirely correct.  These regs are actually enforced by Parks & Wildlife/fisheries & wildlife - not CASA. If flying in a national park, you go by National Park guidelines. I have permission to fly in national parks and the information included with my permission is to the contrary, which I have fed back to CASA. These regs are far more suitable compared to the crazy 300 mtrs which covers light aircraft and allow safe operation within a reasonable distance to any marine wildlife within a national park.

Just out of interest how did you go about getting permission? I filled in their form and got a call back telling me they don't give permission unless you are working for a company like Tourism WA or a full scale film company.

I'm still waiting for an email back from the Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions (Formerly DPAW) in relation to the exact legislation, i.e what could I actually be prosecuted for if I breach the 300m zone.

If you could help me out by letting me know where I can find this more lenient legislation I'd greatly appreciate it. The closest thing I can find is the 2017 guidelines for whale watching found HERE
2017-11-28
Use props
IntrepidDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3620226 ft
Australia

Shoot It WA Posted at 2017-11-28 23:00
Just out of interest how did you go about getting permission? I filled in their form and got a call back telling me they don't give permission unless you are working for a company like Tourism WA or a full scale film company.

I'm still waiting for an email back from the Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions (Formerly DPAW) in relation to the exact legislation, i.e what could I actually be prosecuted for if I breach the 300m zone.

Feel free to message me directly.
2017-11-29
Use props
slamblood
lvl.1

Russia

Damn son! That`s impressive!
2017-12-4
Use props
Ryan's Sparky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302316 ft