Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
CrystalSky wi-fi issue
3366 2 2017-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansab5e9aec
New
United States

I just got my CrystalSky 7.85" today (regular, not ultra), and am having  issues connecting to a wi-fi network.  When I went through the initial  setup, it asked for a wi-fi hotspot to connect to.  I chose mine, after a  few seconds it said connected, but when I got to the DJI login screen  and tried to log into my account, I got a "network unavailable error id  00" error message.  I tried connecting again, same thing.  No luck, so I  rebooted the CS.  Again, wouldn't log into DJI.  Thinking maybe I'd  gotten my password wrong, I tried resetting the password through the DJI  website.  Went through, got the reset notice, entered a new password,  and was able to log onto the DJI website with the new password from my  browser.  Back to the CS, again no go.  I tried connecting to a  different wi-fi point.  It once again seemed to connect fine to the  wi-fi, but no go at the DJI login screen.

A Google search on the problem turned up a link with someone saying to  try connecting to a phone's hotspot.  So I tried that.  This time at the  login screen, it proceeded to log in, and I was able to get to the CS  home screen.  All I thought was fine, so at this point I disconnected  from my phone's hotspot, and rejoined the wi-fi point.  Tried doing an  update, just in case there were any updates available.  Got a "Failed to  check firmware package.  Check your network and retry."  Tried again,  same error.  Went back to the phone hotspot, this time when I tried  checking for updates, it seemed to do something for a few seconds, and  eventually came back and said I was on the current version (2.3.0.0).   Back to the regular wi-fi, again I get the "Failed to check firmware"  error message almost immediately.  Tried rebooting, same thing

Both my wi-fi spots work; I have multiple devices connected to them, and they are all working fine.

What's weird is if I'm 'connected' to my normal wi-fi point and I open  browser on the CS, it loads up Google fine.  I can do searches on  Google, and get results back.  But if I try clicking on any of the  links, almost all fail with what seems like a DNS error message  "net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED".  The DJI site opens, but doesn't load any  images.  If I tell it to request the desktop site, it tells me my  browser is out of date and to upgrade.  One photography site I tried  though seems to work fine however.  So it looks like the wi-fi *is*  working, in some half assed way at least.  That's why I was looking for  some sort of master reset, in the hopes that it would take everything  back to default, and I could try setting this thing up all over again,  and hopefully not have to return it.
2017-11-9
Use props
Dudster
New
United States

Well, it seems my cable modem was having some DNS issues (which is what it was looking like to me initially), though I couldn't figure out why no other devices were acting up, and why the CrystalSky *could* open a few websites.  I would have expected it to work fully, or not at all.  Anyway, issue resolved!
2017-11-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Dudster Posted at 2017-11-9 12:25
Well, it seems my cable modem was having some DNS issues (which is what it was looking like to me initially), though I couldn't figure out why no other devices were acting up, and why the CrystalSky *could* open a few websites.  I would have expected it to work fully, or not at all.  Anyway, issue resolved!

Glad to know you figured it out in the end.
If there is any further problem, please keep us updated.
2017-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules