Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
NFZ algorithm Glitch not supported by DJI.
1407 16 2017-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Exact Science
lvl.2

United States

You will also run into this when the DJI NFZ software algorithms fail.

Case in point had no fly zone authorization for one area. Ran ac several  times and the override worked fine and so did my Mavic.

Have not seen the NFZ  glitch documented anywhere running any version firmware. AC  took off and functioned fine then in mid flight NFZ warning initiates and the AC attempts to land immediately! What the heck?

Control is erratic and difficult to handle. If you're not good at operating the Mavic it will crash!  

When you send it in for repair DJI will stonewall you for 28 days and never answer your questions. Then when you ask for DJI to cover this crash under warranty due to the NFZ algorithm glitch you will be told that you were NOT in a NFZ therefore you just crashed your Mavic and your issue has nothing to do with a DJI issue with an algorithm glitch.

Just pay for your repair. On top of it DO NOT post this type of issue here in the forums or your account will be banned and locked along with all your documented posts removed.   This makes it easier for the cover up to continue. Don't expect NFZ override authorization to work as it should be very careful and prepared to handle a very unstable Mavic and get it back to a soft spot to land without causing internal damage.  RTH fails too, I did get the AC back to my soft pad and in the grass landing spot but it did flip over when laned and then had some errors so I had to send it back. I may have lost it for good, crashed hard and broke apart but I was good at the controls. So FYI expect the unexpected and there to be no warranty work provided by DJI no matter the proof I supplied all logs. No one from HQ will speak with you about denying your request for warranty work or discuss their findings and no arbitration! Too bad for you pay up!

2017-11-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I had replied you on another thread. I will post it again here.
I had synced your flight record and could access your other flight records except for the one the accident happened. Please connect your mobile device to a PC and export the correspondent record, below's the route:
For Android device: connect the device to the computer, find the flight records stored in …\DJI\dji.pilot\FlightRecord\, and copy the required flight records to the computer.
For iOS device: connect the device to the computer, launch the iTunes, find the flight records in the DJI GO app, and copy the FlightRecord folder to the computer.
And again, I had reminded not to spam, as I saw you had posted the same reply in many other threads. Here is the link to the forum rules and regulations, if you keep doing so, the account will be banned again: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=332382
2017-11-9
Use props
Exact Science
lvl.2

United States

I'm not spamming anything. I'm posting what I'm entitled to advise others of my issues. This is applicable in many post but since this isn't allowed either I'll keep things to myself but others have the right to know what they are in store for and what to expect when they have an issue such as I did.

Do you see the logic here Thor or are we not allowed to make others aware of certain situations or actions that we may take?

Your feedback would be appreciated because I do not understand this censorship at this level.

I will follow your instructions in a few days and attempt to pull the data you've requested.

Thanks for your help and understanding.
2017-11-9
Use props
ZzZoe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 170627 ft

Exact Science Posted at 2017-11-9 20:20
I'm not spamming anything. I'm posting what I'm entitled to advise others of my issues. This is applicable in many post but since this isn't allowed either I'll keep things to myself but others have the right to know what they are in store for and what to expect when they have an issue such as I did.

Do you see the logic here Thor or are we not allowed to make others aware of certain situations or actions that we may take?

i don't know what had happened. but i tended to think it's spamming, everywhere can see your comment. i/m tired of viewing it. simply u can only post one topic and stop posting everywhere.
2017-11-9
Use props
Exact Science
lvl.2

United States

ZzZoe Posted at 2017-11-9 22:26
i don't know what had happened. but i tended to think it's spamming, everywhere can see your comment. i/m tired of viewing it. simply u can only post one topic and stop posting everywhere.

Thanks for your comment now go mind others business and I'll decide what is freedom of speech and who I want to make aware of the issues I encountered.
2017-11-10
Use props
Exact Science
lvl.2

United States

Thor path is different from what you posted, here is what I found ...\DJI\dji.go.v4\FlightRecord. Where would you like me to upload these to?? PM sent as well.

Thanks for your help. I didn't realize that I could access those flight data files from the device, thought they could only be downloaded from the ac.
2017-11-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Exact Science Posted at 2017-11-13 20:32
Thor path is different from what you posted, here is what I found ...\DJI\dji.go.v4\FlightRecord. Where would you like me to upload these to?? PM sent as well.

Thanks for your help. I didn't realize that I could access those flight data files from the device, thought they could only be downloaded from the ac.

Yes, it is. Please upload the file to Dropbox. And please also provide the screenshot of the flight record interface and circle the record of the accident for us to confirm. Thanks a lot.
2017-11-14
Use props
Exact Science
lvl.2

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-14 01:34
Yes, it is. Please upload the file to Dropbox. And please also provide the screenshot of the flight record interface and circle the record of the accident for us to confirm. Thanks a lot.

PM message sent with DB link and specific file name.
2017-11-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Exact Science Posted at 2017-11-14 05:19
PM message sent with DB link and specific file name.

Hi, got your PM and files. Had forwarded to our engineers. They are now arranging an analysis again. Thanks for your feedback and patience. But may I know how about the flight record, I mean the record of that flight, you didn't point that out, and the records I found didn't seem to match. Besides, for your previous account, I'll see if I can help to unlock. Please kindly note to follow the rules and regulations of the forum. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2017-11-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Updated, according to your request, we had checked the .dat file named 17-09-21-07-59-02. According to the data, there is no crash and forced landing of No Fly Zone, the drone just took off and landed successfully, please refer to the pic below.  Actually, the files from 21 to 22 Oct. had been studied by our engineers, none of them provided us with the issue that you described. Please confirm, or we are not able to verify the glitch you mentioned. NFZ cx data analysis.png
2017-11-14
Use props
Exact Science
lvl.2

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-14 20:16
Updated, according to your request, we had checked the .dat file named 17-09-21-07-59-02. According to the data, there is no crash and forced landing of No Fly Zone, the drone just took off and landed successfully, please refer to the pic below.  Actually, the files from 21 to 22 Oct. had been studied by our engineers, none of them provided us with the issue that you described. Please confirm, or we are not able to verify the glitch you mentioned.[view_image]

It was not Oct . It was just Sept 21. I don't know how it shows via the dat files but I can only take off in this area with the NFZ authorization running which I did. Drone was flying then I get the NFZ area warning on the controller and droid device and that's when the ac came down rapidly and had a bump which I had to pay for. If don't see the NFZ invoked on Sept 21 then it's something with the software because I've gone through this process several times and it has worked with no issues previously until this occurrence.
2017-11-15
Use props
Exact Science
lvl.2

United States

Very nice data analysis tool. I know without any doubt the NFZ was invoked and forced the landing afterall I was there otherwise there would have been no bump and no reason for me to send my mavic if for repair and have it not covered under warranty.

Thanks for the great detailed explanation that is more than anyone else has provided so good work Thor. Not sure what else we can do if the analysis doesn't actual situation.
2017-11-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Exact Science Posted at 2017-11-15 08:16
It was not Oct . It was just Sept 21. I don't know how it shows via the dat files but I can only take off in this area with the NFZ authorization running which I did. Drone was flying then I get the NFZ area warning on the controller and droid device and that's when the ac came down rapidly and had a bump which I had to pay for. If don't see the NFZ invoked on Sept 21 then it's something with the software because I've gone through this process several times and it has worked with no issues previously until this occurrence.

I am so regretful for my typing wrong, I actually want to type September, our engineer had checked the data from 21 to 22, September. If the accident happened that time, the attitude of the drone must also change, however, we couldn't found the accident like you mentioned according to the data you provided, in this situation, if you have the flight record of that accident, I mean the one from the app, you can provide it to me. But if no more details can be provided, we have done the best we can do now. Hope your kind understanding.
2017-11-15
Use props
Exact Science
lvl.2

United States

No problem about the date Thor. Thanks for looking into this further.

I understand what the data shows but this must be another DJI software issue as I know specifically where I was located, NFZ had to engage otherwise I would not have been able to take off, it's as simple as that.

I have the auth from Fly safe for exactly this area so if I was not in a NFZ area why does the GEO tool and fly safe show it as one and the airport is a few miles away??

I would like answer to this most importantly which NO ONE HAS EVER DONE SO!

Since I've been dealing with this DJI software failure / glitch that caused me to lightly crash my Mavic and not completely loose it thanks to my operating skills no one at DJI can answer those specific well documented questions.

This is so frustrating that a such a nice tool as my Mavic is subject to these shortcomings with software and the lack of engineering that is capable of answer my direct questions.

I understand what I'm up against and will be ready for the unexpected now that is the only course of action one can take because I will never had these questions answered.

Lucky me being next to an airport and my company is building a new campus and I thought it would be fun to chronical the progress and play at the same time.
2017-11-16
Use props
fans7bd79eaa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24403 ft
United States

I actually had a similar case today.  I have a "yellow" NFZ that I fly in weekly to photograph at very low altitude and have previously had no problems unlocking it through my phone.  Today, it would text me the unlock code but would say it was in invalid code when trying to enter it into the go app.  I tried numerous times with no luck.  I'm all about flying safely but this place is a 3 hour drive and a job that I do weekly.  I have wasted 6 hours and a tank of gas not being able to fly.  I'll have the same problem next week.  At this point I will cut my losses and go with Yuneec who has already sent me a simple hold harmless agreement to fill out before unlocking it for good.  I don't need these disruptions in my business because DJI feels the need to police something that is not their responsibility.  I have emailed DJI and spoken online with customer support.  Customer support said to email flysafe@dji.com which I did.  No response .. talked to DJI again.. they said to email again.. no response.  I may only be the little guy in this but I am an attorney and I will exercise my rights.
2017-12-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans7bd79eaa Posted at 2017-12-8 17:07
I actually had a similar case today.  I have a "yellow" NFZ that I fly in weekly to photograph at very low altitude and have previously had no problems unlocking it through my phone.  Today, it would text me the unlock code but would say it was in invalid code when trying to enter it into the go app.  I tried numerous times with no luck.  I'm all about flying safely but this place is a 3 hour drive and a job that I do weekly.  I have wasted 6 hours and a tank of gas not being able to fly.  I'll have the same problem next week.  At this point I will cut my losses and go with Yuneec who has already sent me a simple hold harmless agreement to fill out before unlocking it for good.  I don't need these disruptions in my business because DJI feels the need to police something that is not their responsibility.  I have emailed DJI and spoken online with customer support.  Customer support said to email  which I did.  No response .. talked to DJI again.. they said to email again.. no response.  I may only be the little guy in this but I am an attorney and I will exercise my rights.

Hi sir, could you please provide me with the ticket number so I can help to check more details? Or you can PM me your email address, I will help to inform the proper team to check.
Besides, all unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) operators must abide by all regulations from organizations such as the ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization) and any other applicable airspace regulations in their area. In order to increase flight safety and prevent accidental flights in restricted areas, DJI has introduced a No Fly Zones feature to help everyone use their DJI products safely and legally. It is always our responsibility to maintain the safety of flight. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2017-12-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans7bd79eaa Posted at 2017-12-8 17:07
I actually had a similar case today.  I have a "yellow" NFZ that I fly in weekly to photograph at very low altitude and have previously had no problems unlocking it through my phone.  Today, it would text me the unlock code but would say it was in invalid code when trying to enter it into the go app.  I tried numerous times with no luck.  I'm all about flying safely but this place is a 3 hour drive and a job that I do weekly.  I have wasted 6 hours and a tank of gas not being able to fly.  I'll have the same problem next week.  At this point I will cut my losses and go with Yuneec who has already sent me a simple hold harmless agreement to fill out before unlocking it for good.  I don't need these disruptions in my business because DJI feels the need to police something that is not their responsibility.  I have emailed DJI and spoken online with customer support.  Customer support said to email  which I did.  No response .. talked to DJI again.. they said to email again.. no response.  I may only be the little guy in this but I am an attorney and I will exercise my rights.

Hi sir, an update here, I have checked the email, we only received one email from you according to the address, and the proper team has replied you on the same day. The last email is the one we replied to you. Have you received it? Please check your email and let me know if you haven't got it. Thank you.  
2017-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules