FYI:

Overview
•Date:2017.11.09
•CrystalSky Firmware: V02.04.02.00
•DJI GO 3 App: V 3.1.18
•DJI GO 4 App: V 4.1.14
•DJI Pilot Beta: V 0.3.6

What’s New
•Added Data Transmission on the Quick Settings page to support downloading photos and videos from CrystalSky to your mobile device (DJI GO 4 version should be 4.1.14 or above).
•Added Display Optimization on the Quick Settings page making the camera view display smoother.
•Added three HDMI output modes on the Quick Settings page, including camera view, picture in picture, and copy screen.
•Added daily Data Usage statistics on the Quick Settings page.
•Added high-resolution transcoding in the Editor to support video transcoding rates higher than 1080p into 1080p.
•Added Color Waveform in the camera toolbox for users to analyze color distribution (Inspire 2 only).
•Added support for DJI ZENMUSE X7.
•Added support for DJI Cendence.
•Fixed issue where system configuration resets to default values when the screen is rotated 180 degrees.
•Optimized compass calibration program.
•Updated DJI GO 4 app to 4.1.14.
•Updated DJI GO app to 3.1.18.
•Up to 20 third-party applications are supported and can be removed from System Settings -> Apps. DJI is not responsible for any rights or information involving third-party security applications and does not provide any technical support for third-party application compatibility issues. Please note that CrystalSky does not support third-party apps well. If you experience any problems with a third-party app, remove it or reset to default settings.
2017-11-9
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Lots of stuff there.
2017-11-9
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Hoping Litchi will work with it!
2017-11-9
Use props
O.Pelzer
New
Flight distance : 61634 ft
Germany

The Update is running fine, but where are the 3rd party apps?
2017-11-9
Use props
fans1f690efe
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

Don't see quick shots for the Mavic there
2017-11-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Yep, many new features, welcome to update.
2017-11-9
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

O.Pelzer Posted at 2017-11-9 11:43
The Update is running fine, but where are the 3rd party apps?

You have to install them yourself. Here my review and a guide: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... amp;fromuid=1025012

2017-11-10
Use props
Anthony566
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

Still no option to change the storage location to one of the sd card slots...
2017-11-10
Use props
Matman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 644669 ft
United States

I find it downright comical that DJI is publishing the ability to load up to 20 apps, yet I've seen no instructions for downloading and installing an app from the CS (or even how to copy the file to a USB and install from there).

2017-11-10
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-9 22:12
Yep, many new features, welcome to update.

Hi Mindy, yes many new "FIXES" but not many new features, as you know many of us CS users want to be able to install Litchi as a 3rd party app ( not able to as Litchi requires Google Play Services & Google Play Store installed to d/load Litchi app ( Big Disappointment ), also DJI did not include the features IOS & Android users are currently enjoying such as "Dynamic HomePoint & QuickShot " when will DJI bring the CS up to speed?

Overall next FW update really needs to include these features as many CS owners are giving negative reviews after this last update. I myself am thinking of selling my 5.5"
2017-11-11
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Matman Posted at 2017-11-10 18:49
I find it downright comical that DJI is publishing the ability to load up to 20 apps, yet I've seen no instructions for downloading and installing an app from the CS (or even how to copy the file to a USB and install from there).

It's not difficult and the way to do it has been explained in this forum.
2017-11-11
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

QuadKid Posted at 2017-11-11 04:24
Hi Mindy, yes many new "FIXES" but not many new features, as you know many of us CS users want to be able to install Litchi as a 3rd party app ( not able to as Litchi requires Google Play Services & Google Play Store installed to d/load Litchi app ( Big Disappointment ), also DJI did not include the features IOS & Android users are currently enjoying such as "Dynamic HomePoint & QuickShot " when will DJI bring the CS up to speed?

Overall next FW update really needs to include these features as many CS owners are giving negative reviews after this last update. I myself am thinking of selling my 5.5"

I don't know which firmware and DJO Go 4 versions you have installed, but my CS has "Dynamic Homepoint", "Quickshots" and all the other latest features.
Concerning Google Play Services I am not sure if one would really want this to be on the CS with regard to stability and performance. Many apps will work well without.
2017-11-11
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-11 05:11
I don't know which firmware and DJO Go 4 versions you have installed, but my CS has "Dynamic Homepoint", "Quickshots" and all the other latest features.
With regard to Google Play Services I am not sure if one should really want this on the CS with regard to stability and performance. Many apps work well without.

Got it, Re-installed latest FW 02.04.02 Got Quick shot, to use Dynamic Home point does the AC have to be airborne, is it listed under Waypoints? Have not had a chance to fly yet, will this afternoon.
As far as 3rd Party app the only one I wanted to install is Litchi as it works great on my S5, would like to have all the features Litchi has applied to the CS.
Contacted Litchi support there response is that Google Play Services & Google Play Store must be installed on the device before you can d/load Litchi, and at this time they do not have a compatible version for CS they are working on it.
2017-11-11
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

QuadKid Posted at 2017-11-11 06:01
Got it, Re-installed latest FW 02.04.02 Got Quick shot, to use Dynamic Home point does the AC have to be airborne, is it listed under Waypoints? Have not had a chance to fly yet, will this afternoon.
As far as 3rd Party app the only one I wanted to install is Litchi as it works great on my S5, would like to have all the features Litchi has applied to the CS.
Contacted Litchi support there response is that Google Play Services & Google Play Store must be installed on the device before you can d/load Litchi, and at this time they do not have a compatible version for CS they are working on it.

Glad to hear, you'll like it!
2017-11-11
Use props
Matman
lvl.4
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-11 05:01
It's not difficult and the way to do it has been explained in this forum.

I don't have an android device (besides the CS) and as I understand it you need to transfer the .apk files from an external android device, right? I have no way of downloading the files because the CS can't detect a device installed.

I'm looking for how to do it all from the CS or with an iOS device. I saw your review and install thread and was unable to complete the download.

2017-11-11
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Matman Posted at 2017-11-11 06:59
I don't have an android device (besides the CS) and as I understand it you need to transfer the .apk files from an external android device, right? I have no way of downloading the files because the CS can't detect a device installed.

I'm looking for how to do it all from the CS or with an iOS device. I saw your review and install thread and was unable to complete the download.

Ok, you may try apkpure.com, they offer their own app for downloading apk files from their site. Another very good site for apk files is apkmirror.com. You can go to both sites with the CS browser and download directly onto the CS.
2017-11-11
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Matman Posted at 2017-11-11 06:59

DJI Forum Captain hallmark007 has posted this excellent tutorial on the Spark side of this forum. It explains everything much better than I could!

2017-11-11
Use props
Matman
lvl.4
United States

Ah haaah! That's how it's done, thanks so much @wachtberger
2017-11-11
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-11 09:56
DJI Forum Captain hallmark007 has posted this excellent tutorial on the Spark side of this forum. It explains everything much better than I could!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G8Fu5Mr-JI

Thank you for this very informative video, much appreciated !!
2017-11-11
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

After the update I still getting the dreaded " Fly with Caution Strong Radion Interference "  every 4 seconds and the compass still jerking (yes compass calibrated and re-booted to fac specs)

The 2 issues were not addressed in the new firmware (compass was but not fixed)
2017-11-11
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

HDPS Posted at 2017-11-11 13:40
After the update I still getting the dreaded " Fly with Caution Strong Radion Interference "  every 4 seconds and the compass still jerking (yes compass calibrated and re-booted to fac specs)

The 2 issues were not addressed in the new firmware (compass was but not fixed)

From what I have understood, there seems to be a problem with the P4 Remote Control that is causing this, but others certainly can tell better.
2017-11-11
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

QuadKid Posted at 2017-11-11 12:39
Thank you for this very informative video, much appreciated !!

Credits should go to hallmark007.
2017-11-11
Use props
fans92e38e3c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 161240 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm having trouble just downloading this firmware to my new 5.5 CrystalSky. I've set my country location, connected successfully to my wifi and it's informed me there's a firmware update available. However, when I select download for the new firmware it just sits there at 0%. I've left it for over an hour and nothing's happened. No error, no progress, nothing. Tried a reset and that didn't solve it. Any advice on how to resolve this issue welcomed.
2017-11-12
Use props
Anthony566
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

fans92e38e3c Posted at 2017-11-12 05:48
I'm having trouble just downloading this firmware to my new 5.5 CrystalSky. I've set my country location, connected successfully to my wifi and it's informed me there's a firmware update available. However, when I select download for the new firmware it just sits there at 0%. I've left it for over an hour and nothing's happened. No error, no progress, nothing. Tried a reset and that didn't solve it. Any advice on how to resolve this issue welcomed.

Do a factory reset on the CS then retry.
2017-11-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

QuadKid Posted at 2017-11-11 04:24

I apologize for the improper input, Dynamic Home point and Quickshot have been released.
Please let us know if you have further questions.
2017-11-14
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-14 03:03
I apologize for the improper input, Dynamic Home point and Quickshot have been released.
Please let us know if you have further questions.

Thanks Mindy, got the New features with the latest update, please check with engineers as far as embedding Google Play Services & Google Play Store in the next update so we can use Litchi as a third party app.

BTW: Can Go Station Pro be used with the latest CS firmware version?
2017-11-14
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-11 13:53
From what I have understood, there seems to be a problem with the P4 Remote Control that is causing this, but others certainly can tell better.

I have a P4P.........no issues with iPAD Mini4 whatsoever
2017-11-14
Use props
Elettrone78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2840512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Issues with 4.1.14:
- "Recenter Gimbal" option under "Camera" menu is missing from Cedence custom button setup. It is available under standard RC C1 and C2 button configuration but it gets bugged(not working) when switching Cedence custom button configurastions.
-"Gimbal Yaw Recenter" is misswritten into "Gimbal Recenter"(causing a whole lot of confusion with "Recenter Gimbal") in the standard RC C1 and C2 button configuration on the CrystalSky version 4.1.14 and Cedence(dunno if it's RC related or purely software related).
- Standard RC C1 and C2 button configuration goes in conflict with Cedence custon button setup. This menu shouldn't even be accessible when a Cedence is connected to a Crystalsky, it gets confusing and doesn't work properly anway.
- Several menu names concerning buttons configurations are different on the CrystalSky 4.1.14 compared to the iOS version 4.1.17 and this has given me quite a headache when working with both platforms(don't have double CrystalSky).
IMHO it's damn imperative that the DJIGO4 app is updated and kept coherent on every platform at all times otherwise issues are bound to happen, something to hint to the DEVs.

Things that may be useful to add:
-Resizable histogram window.
-Sticky histogram window in full screen mode for camera operator when in dual operator mode.

2017-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules