2208 11 2017-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Utkarsh97
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9846 ft
Australia

Hi there Everyone,

First Post here and I'm a proud owner of a used Phantom 3 Advanced that I bought second hand from a guy who hardly flew it, all 4 batteries have less than 12 charges lol

Anyway, so far I'm loving the drone, just one question is that one of the motors has a slight ratlling compared to the rest. What could this be, will be uploading a video soon but just at work. But this rattling sound it doesn't affect flying at all (from what I can tell anyway)

There are videos on YouTube with people with similar sound, but I was wondering if this is something I should worry about or not. And if it is something to worry about what steps should I take before replacing the motor

Kind Regards
Utkarsh Anand
2017-11-9
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Utkarsh, you sure it's a motor and not the gimbal?
2017-11-9
Use props
edifier
lvl.2

United Kingdom

never known a motor to rattle are the 4 screws tight on the motor mount
also check the gimbal as sky wombat says
make sure the grub screw is tight on the flat of the gimbal shaft
2017-11-9
Use props
Utkarsh97
lvl.1
Australia

sky wombat Posted at 2017-11-9 17:25
Utkarsh, you sure it's a motor and not the gimbal?

It is not the gimbal, as the sound is there even if I spun the motor with my hand
2017-11-9
Use props
Utkarsh97
lvl.1
Australia

edifier Posted at 2017-11-9 18:23
never known a motor to rattle are the 4 screws tight on the motor mount
also check the gimbal as sky wombat says
make sure the grub screw is tight on the flat of the gimbal shaft

I think it might have been the 4 screws, as I was out flying just before and I was putting on these protectors I have for the threads where the propellers go on that motor that was making the noise, and now it's not making that sound anymore. So i think you might be right it might have been screws and I should tighten them up just a little bit just in case
2017-11-9
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Great if that works out Utkarsh. Also longer threaded screws for protectors is normal so may be (stress may be) longer thread issue.
2017-11-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Looking forward to the video and we will help to check if it is normal, thank you.
2017-11-11
Use props
Utkarsh97
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-11 23:56
Looking forward to the video and we will help to check if it is normal, thank you.

Sorry about that, will get onto the video tonight, been pretty busy with work. But as you can see from my previous reply. By softly pressing down on the motor it makes a clicking sound but after flying for a bit it comes back. But I can again click it in and it goes away
2017-11-14
Use props
Utkarsh97
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-11 23:56

2017-11-16
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I hope you aren't using non-DJI screws that are too long and are hitting the motor bindings.
2017-11-16
Use props
Utkarsh97
lvl.1
Australia

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-11-16 15:41
I hope you aren't using non-DJI screws that are too long and are hitting the motor bindings.

Hi there, I haven't changed the screws at all this is how I bought the drone and I highly doubt the guy I bought this off did that because he hardly flew it
2017-11-16
Use props
Legit Drones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 894465 ft
United States

Take a high pressure air compressor and blast some air down in there. If it is dirt it will be blasted out and it should be good. Mine did that same thing. If you have recently land or taken off from dirt, sand etc. it could be in the motors. Hope that helps!
2017-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules