Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic remote controller silenced/muted?
5346 25 2017-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nazar78
Captain
Flight distance : 5106037 ft
Singapore

My RC got silenced/muted after the recent V01.04.0000 firmware upgrade. Yes totally no beep including that start up sound "tet-tet-teeet" thus no point for me to post a video of it. Tried downgrading/refreshing the firmware and still no beep. The RC reset using DJI Assistant 2 will always fail and I've never found anyone who could perform this RC reset successfully. I thought it was ok since I can enjoy the silence during flights. So I've been using the RC for quite a number of flights with no beeping.

Then of out the blue the beep suddenly came back after getting "Wheel Error" on the LCD screen for the very first time on the 1st battery of the day. After the 3rd battery I went home and charge the RC normally then upon powering up the beep is gone again. It doesn't sounds like a dead speaker more of a firmware glitch because when the beep came back it sounded as loud as I could remember it was. Should I be worried? Sending it back for DJI warranty is a real hassle, shipping charges etc furthermore I'm going off for my vacation with the Mavic soon.

To DJI support/engineers, is there a button combination to reset the RC manually? Like the ones for AC binding, "C1+C2+Video+Shutter". I've noticed there's RC button reset sequence for others like the Phantom/Inspire but what about Mavic? There must be a physical way to do this especially when DJI Assistant 2 software failed to reset the RC.

2017-11-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry, there is no combination buttons of Mavic RC's reset. I recommend sending it back to repair. Please send an email to support@dji.com for a further help.
2017-11-10
Use props
Nazar78
Captain
Singapore

Noted and thanks DJI Thor, I'll contact support after my vacation.
2017-11-12
Use props
Vasco
First Officer
Flight distance : 5427717 ft
Greece

Nazar78 Posted at 2017-11-12 00:00
Noted and thanks DJI Thor, I'll contact support after my vacation.

Out of the blue today my remote stop make any noise as yours without any reason . It is at 0900 firmware . Did you do anything with DJI ? Any solution so far ?
2017-12-17
Use props
Nazar78
Captain
Singapore

Vasco Posted at 2017-12-17 14:54
Out of the blue today my remote stop make any noise as yours without any reason . It is at 0900 firmware . Did you do anything with DJI ? Any solution so far ?

No solution so far. I was on vacation last week the beep suddenly came back on a cold weather but only for one charge cycle then goes back silence. I'm reluctant to send it back because most probably I'll need to ship it personally to China, such a hassle.
2017-12-18
Use props
TMingone
lvl.1
Brazil

Nazar78 Posted at 2017-12-18 11:37
No solution so far. I was on vacation last week the beep suddenly came back on a cold weather but only for one charge cycle then goes back silence. I'm reluctant to send it back because most probably I'll need to ship it personally to China, such a hassle.

Dear you have solved this problem? I am in the same situation with the control of my mavic pro. Tks
2018-3-18
Use props
Nazar78
Captain
Singapore

TMingone Posted at 2018-3-18 12:26
Dear you have solved this problem? I am in the same situation with the control of my mavic pro. Tks

Nope. My remote is still muted. I'm hoping for a reset solution without sending it back but the reset function still fail despite recent firmware.
2018-3-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I find my 'RC bleep' became faint when it became hot and the fan was on for a while. I calibrated the RC within the app and all OK ever since. I wouldn't send it back just for that.
2018-3-18
Use props
TMingone
lvl.1
Brazil

Nazar78 Posted at 2018-3-18 15:45
Nope. My remote is still muted. I'm hoping for a reset solution without sending it back but the reset function still fail despite recent firmware.

Tried to question DJI support? I filed a complaint because my product is still under warranty. They requested a video showing the problem. I'm waiting for directions. As soon as I have them, I'll post them here.
2018-3-19
Use props
Nazar78
Captain
Singapore

TMingone Posted at 2018-3-19 01:46
Tried to question DJI support? I filed a complaint because my product is still under warranty. They requested a video showing the problem. I'm waiting for directions. As soon as I have them, I'll post them here.

No I did not contact support. The "no beep" issue is too obvious to post a video. The factory reset via DJI Assistant 2 software should have worked but it didn't for no apparent reason and no one knows why.

All the hassle most probably they'll just ask to send back at my own shipping cost and exchanged for a refurbished remote which I'm a bit reluctant. The RC is perfect except for the missing beep which I can live with. I don't want to get another "used" remote with some other issues.

But by all means please go ahead and exchange yours, do update us the outcome. While you're at it, question them why the factory reset does not work?
2018-3-19
Use props
Nazar78
Captain
Singapore

A CW Posted at 2018-3-18 15:50
I find my 'RC bleep' became faint when it became hot and the fan was on for a while. I calibrated the RC within the app and all OK ever since. I wouldn't send it back just for that.

Yeah that's what I thought too, I can live with the no beeps since everything is perfect. Probably mod them beep myself after the warranty has ended in the next 3-4 months.
2018-3-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nazar78 Posted at 2018-3-19 03:29
Yeah that's what I thought too, I can live with the no beeps since everything is perfect. Probably mod them beep myself after the warranty has ended in the next 3-4 months.

Yep - though try the RC cal too - worked for me. Go careful opening up the RC though - it costs £329 to buy separately here in the UK...
2018-3-19
Use props
Nazar78
Captain
Singapore

A CW Posted at 2018-3-19 03:32
Yep - though try the RC cal too - worked for me. Go careful opening up the RC though - they cosy £329 to buy separately here in the UK...

Have tried the RC cal couple of times still no go. Noted and thanks, I've seen the RC tear apart video and it's tough, I'll be very careful if I ever got time to do it.
2018-3-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good luck
2018-3-19
Use props
Vasco
First Officer
Greece

I have my RC muted all of the sudden 3 months now. Yesterday when fire it up , it start make make the usual sounds again!!!! i fly 2 batteries and the same night when i fire it up again to make some adjustments it was muted one more. I admit that now i used it without sound it is way match better for me..!!!!  
2018-3-19
Use props
Nazar78
Captain
Singapore

Vasco Posted at 2018-3-19 04:04
I have my RC muted all of the sudden 3 months now. Yesterday when fire it up , it start make make the usual sounds again!!!! i fly 2 batteries and the same night when i fire it up again to make some adjustments it was muted one more. I admit that now i used it without sound it is way match better for me..!!!!

Same story as mine and no idea what happened?!? This has occurred twice. I got the feeling it isn't a hardware beeper thingy but a messed up firmware which can't be fixed by a firmware refresh worst a factory reset which doesn't work.
2018-3-19
Use props
Vasco
First Officer
Greece

Nazar78 Posted at 2018-3-19 04:17
Same story as mine and no idea what happened?!? This has occurred twice. I got the feeling it isn't a hardware beeper thingy but a messed up firmware which can't be fixed by a firmware refresh worst a factory reset which doesn't work.

I have the same filling . That should not be hardware issue....
2018-3-19
Use props
TMingone
lvl.1
Brazil

Guys

There follows the formal response from DJI support after I submit the video demonstrating that the control no longer shows the beeps.

"Thank you for your response.

We appreciate your time in sending the video. May I ask if the remote controller got wet or in contact with water before this problem started?
          If there is a need to upgrade the firmware of the remote controller and the aircraft, please do so. If the RC and the aircraft both have the latest firmware, we would recommend sending it in for repair. Please reply with the complete address and we will create a repair case for the remote.

Thank you and have a great day.

Best Regards,

Cynthia
          DJI Technical Support"

I made the question about the hard reset of the RC and I await answers.

They want to open a case and I'll probably be without my RC and I will not be able to fly with my Mavic waiting for analysis and repair.

I'm not sure I'll do this ...
2018-3-19
Use props
Nazar78
Captain
Singapore

TMingone Posted at 2018-3-19 11:02
Guys

There follows the formal response from DJI support after I submit the video demonstrating that the control no longer shows the beeps.

Just as expected, they want us to send it back then possibly exchanged with a refurbished RC and not knowing what's the actual root cause. A simple factory restore should be able to rectify this but that function is broken too
2018-3-19
Use props
TMingone
lvl.1
Brazil

Nazar78 Posted at 2018-3-19 19:13
Just as expected, they want us to send it back then possibly exchanged with a refurbished RC and not knowing what's the actual root cause. A simple factory restore should be able to rectify this but that function is broken too

Finally they sent a procedure to reset the RC but I could not execute it. I tried but simply nothing appears on the screen. See if you can.

This was the procedure sent by the support team:

"As per checking our system, please try to this step on resetting the remote controller: Press the C1+C2+Shutter button, and turn off and turn on the RC at the same time. If this will not work, we have no option but to send it in for repair."
2018-3-20
Use props
Nazar78
Captain
Singapore

TMingone Posted at 2018-3-20 01:26
Finally they sent a procedure to reset the RC but I could not execute it. I tried but simply nothing appears on the screen. See if you can.

This was the procedure sent by the support team:

"I tried but simply nothing appears on the screen. See if you can."

I can't work it out either.  Have tried so many other combinations prior hoping to get lucky. The only CSC that works is the RC binding, "C1+C2+Video+Shutter".

Does the procedure even exist in the first place? Seems the support team have no idea. Great if they can provide some video tutorials on the MP RC reset because it wasn't stated in the manuals.

The only RC factory reset known method is in the DJI Assistant 2 software which does not work with any of the firmwares since out-of-the-box till current.
2018-3-20
Use props
fansaccc79b8
New
Flight distance : 643484 ft
Brazil

My mavic has the same problem, I saw everything you said here and I see that there is still no practical solution to this problem, I would like to know about you if everyone who had this problem used to use the mavic on the beach, I was thinking , will moisture from the air on the beach may have gotten in control and damaged speaker? Or maybe it's a batch ... that when the RC heats up a lot ends up disconnecting the soldering from the speaker ...
2018-5-1
Use props
Nazar78
Captain
Singapore

fansaccc79b8 Posted at 2018-5-1 11:50
My mavic has the same problem, I saw everything you said here and I see that there is still no practical solution to this problem, I would like to know about you if everyone who had this problem used to use the mavic on the beach, I was thinking , will moisture from the air on the beach may have gotten in control and damaged speaker? Or maybe it's a batch ... that when the RC heats up a lot ends up disconnecting the soldering from the speaker ...

Mine was never flown near a beach when it happened. I took good care of the equipment so IMHO I don't think moisture is the problem. I remember the beep recently came back again for few sessions after a full charge while I was on a winter holiday in several parts of EU about 0-5 degrees celsius. Now in my tropical climate it stays silence. Could be the weather I don't know but my RC wasn't overheating.
2018-5-1
Use props
HyLenz
First Officer
Flight distance : 1848182 ft
United States

Dude, tell me thats a genuine '59 Les Paul Gold Top!

I have always upgraded via Assistant 2 on Windows pc directly connected to internet, no wifi. always worked. Hope you get the remote problem worked out...
2018-5-1
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

fansaccc79b8 Posted at 2018-5-1 11:50

that when the RC heats up a lot ends up disconnecting the soldering from the speaker ...  

If it is a cracked solder joint or cracked foil run; the sound going away and coming back should also occur with vibrations.

2018-5-1
Use props
Nazar78
Captain
Singapore

HyLenz Posted at 2018-5-1 18:03
Dude, tell me thats a genuine '59 Les Paul Gold Top!

I have always upgraded via Assistant 2 on Windows pc directly connected to internet, no wifi. always worked. Hope you get the remote problem worked out...

It's an Epi... That was 2 decades back, now left my good old RG550-RF.

Yeah the Assistant 2 never failed my firmware upgrades, only it can't factory reset the RC.
2018-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules