Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 1 Waypoints, IOC and SDK?
3541 10 2015-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pinpointmapping
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5345105 ft
  • >>>
United States

Since we haven't heard anything from DJI about these features since before the Inspire 1 Shipments started, I thought it would be worth bringing it back to the top.  I Would LOVE to have these features available before the Phantom 4 is announced.  Pretty Please with Sugar on Top
2015-4-10
Use props
kgarrison
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am hoping there will be announcements at NAB on Monday
2015-4-10
Use props
ScottGunn
lvl.2

United States

I agree 100%!!  Waypoints are an integral function for aerial video UAV's.  They first said it would be added in a few months (that was what, 6-7 months ago?), then said it would be added, but no timeline.  Now I read it is a possibility it will be added in future?  

And now that the P3 was released, same story.  I am guessing it uses the same type software the inspire uses.  I would have thought they would want to fix the waypoint issue before releasing the P3 or trying to develop a handheld gimbal for the inspire camera.  Priorities DJI!!!
2015-4-12
Use props
ScottGunn
lvl.2

United States

kgarrison@gmail Posted at 2015-4-11 09:44
I am hoping there will be announcements at NAB on Monday

Guess not...
2015-4-12
Use props
ausidcstaff
lvl.2

United States

I bet you will never see it from DJI. I think they are hoping that someone else will develop it if/when the SDK is released. I come to the conclusion that either DJI employees/management 1. Don't know what is going on or 2. Its a giant shell game. I.E. look over here its the Inspire 1, (Oh crap there are bugs) Nevermind that for now look over here a new holder/gyro for the Inspire 1 Camera, oh crap our firmware sucks Everyone look over here were releasing the Phantom 3 even though the Inspire 1s are failing out of the sky. Oh crap we can't get something to work lets take it out of the documentation and remove it from the website and not answer questions about it or push it off on some other developer. If DJI isn't a master of marketing and doublespeak it really is comical.

I would imagine that have outside developers develop software for your product so you don't have too is a real money maker since the savings on development are not passed on to the consumer. You get the same amount of revenue without having to spend to develop. That's a brilliant business model for DJI! Bravo!

Question at DJI HQ "Should we spend more on customer support? Hell no! Rev up the marketing machine so we can release another half-finished/half-assed project and take Ground Control out (One of the neatest features) and tell the prospective buyers some other developers might develop it in time. But don't mind that it comes with a 4k camera!
2015-4-12
Use props
kirk.pleasant
lvl.2

Qatar

Looks like most of those features are available in the A2 Flight Controller

http://www.dji.com/product/a2/feature
2015-4-13
Use props
areischauer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 257382 ft
United States

Doesn't the inspire have the A2 controller?
2015-4-13
Use props
kgarrison
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

No it doesn't
2015-4-15
Use props
bujao10
lvl.1

Brazil

Theres a chance to at least we have picture time lapse every 2 sec or every 5cm in the app?
2015-4-16
Use props
runaway62
lvl.1
Flight distance : 905427 ft
Switzerland

Was geht hier weiter?
Wann kommt das Waypoint fliegen endlich?
Es sind mittlerweile wieder 3 Monat vergangen.
2015-7-16
Use props
eric
New
Flight distance : 64829 ft
Dominican Republic

I bought my Inspire 1 as soon as it was released because I thought that it was the best solution for areal photos. Espesially the promised waypoint function triggered me since I'm often alone shooting videos and pictures for my own company. Very difficult to handle two controllers at the same time.
I must say that I'm very disappointed, and haven't used my Inspire now for a couple of months. Would never had purchased this unit if I was told that DJI doen't have any plans to update with waypoint flights. In fact I consider strongly to sell my Inspire 1 at an attractive price, and buy a better one with the functions I'm missing. Don't think I have  used my drone for more than 10 hours.
2015-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules