Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to change Wi-Fi channels?
7965 21 2017-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TudorD
First Officer
Flight distance : 832480 ft
Romania

App Android 4.14, Spark firmware 701, Europe, Note 5 with Android 7.01

How to change channels

First of all, I like to salute all and to thanks for everything I have learned in this forum.

The scenario is simple and I, or maybe we, need some clear statements from DJI:

- if I am using Wi-Fi connection from phone to remote I am stuck in 2.4 phone – remote and 5.8 remote-Spark as no European channel is available for the 5.8 connection phone-remote. It is true? The auto function of switching frequencies is blocked in Europe or it is enabled and we are loosing control in mid-flight?

- if I am using the OTG cable to connect my phone to the remote I can enable a 2.4 link from remote to Spark but with no direct possibility to revert: the DJI app is blocked on the channel selection, not displaying even the current channel. Normal this page of the app must provide controls to reenable Auto mode and to switch channels in order to find an unused one.

Am I missing something?

How to change channels

How to change channels
2017-11-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please note that some countries in Europe do not support 5.8G, but I think Romania is not in the list.
BTW, what is the model of your device? You can try to use Iphone as some Android phone do not support 5.8G.
I would not recommend you use the OTG cable and it is normal that the wifi setting is gone.
2017-11-10
Use props
UncleManuel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4104 ft
Germany

-  remote and 5.8 remote-Spark as no European channel is available for the 5.8 connection phone-remote. It is true?
Yes, in Europe we have only the 5 GHz WLAN (5150 - 5725 MHz). So that's why there is no 5.8 GHz in your phone.  
- if I am using the OTG cable to connect my phone to the remote I can enable a 2.4 link from remote to Spark
The WiFi tab in GO 4 is only for that occasion when you pair your phone with the controller via WiFi. If you use an OTG cable there's no need for that wireless connection.
The WiFi connection between the Spark and the controller is a different thing. It has much more signal power and nothing to do on how you pair your phone.

Note: with an OTG cable you have much less lag in the video signal...

2017-11-10
Use props
endless0925
Second Officer
Flight distance : 207976 ft
Taiwan

UncleManuel Posted at 2017-11-10 10:18
-  remote and 5.8 remote-Spark as no European channel is available for the 5.8 connection phone-remote. It is true? Yes, in Europe we have only the 5 GHz WLAN (5150 - 5725 MHz). So that's why there is no 5.8 GHz in your phone.  
- if I am using the OTG cable to connect my phone to the remote I can enable a 2.4 link from remote to Spark The WiFi tab in GO 4 is only for that occasion when you pair your phone with the controller via WiFi. If you use an OTG cable there's no need for that wireless connection. The WiFi connection between the Spark and the controller is a different thing. It has much more signal power and nothing to do on how you pair your phone.
Note: with an OTG cable you have much less lag in the video signal...

So the wifi 2.4/5.8 channel selection in app is about phone<--->RC , Not  AC<---->RC , Right ???
2017-11-13
Use props
UncleManuel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4104 ft
Germany

endless0925 Posted at 2017-11-13 17:25
So the wifi 2.4/5.8 channel selection in app is about phoneRC , Not  ACRC , Right ???

Yes. It's for the application when you DON'T use an OTG cable.

The WiFi tab shows the wireless connection either to your Spark (without controller) or to the controller. It also shows you how crowded the air is (red bars). In that tab you can also set a fixed channel and the SSID. But, again, this only works when you are connected either to the Spark or the controller.
2017-11-14
Use props
Flip_L
lvl.4
Flight distance : 330686 ft
Germany

endless0925 Posted at 2017-11-13 17:25
So the wifi 2.4/5.8 channel selection in app is about phoneRC , Not  ACRC , Right ???

No it's not. It's the other way round. But, if you change the WiFi within the app, let's say from 5.8GHz to 2.4GHz this will not only change the connection RC->AC  to 2.4GHz but also the connection between device->RC to 5.8GHz. And this is what causes all the problems for most android devices in Europe. Those android devices (unlike iOS) are not able to connect to the 5.8GHz channels used by DJI and thus you're unable to use 2.4GHz (RC->AC) unless you use an OTG cable.

Hope that helps.

P.S. " The auto function of switching frequencies is blocked in Europe or it is enabled and we are loosing control in mid-flight?" The auto-switching in flight thing is a myth. Auto only means that your connection RC->AC will automatically select a channel at start-up.
2017-11-14
Use props
endless0925
Second Officer
Flight distance : 207976 ft
Taiwan

Flip_L Posted at 2017-11-14 04:31
No it's not. It's the other way round. But, if you change the WiFi within the app, let's say from 5.8GHz to 2.4GHz this will not only change the connection RC->AC  to 2.4GHz but also the connection between device->RC to 5.8GHz. And this is what causes all the problems for most android devices in Europe. Those android devices (unlike iOS) are not able to connect to the 5.8GHz channels used by DJI and thus you're unable to use 2.4GHz (RC->AC) unless you use an OTG cable.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for your clarification. I got it...
2017-11-14
Use props
TudorD
First Officer
Romania

The Wi-Fi 5.8 bands allocation is the same in all European countries.
Using Spark with a remote and without an OTG cable in Europe is a violation of law because DJI imbedded in the remote non-European 5.8 bands. And this is available for Apple or Android users. Let me explain:
- on Android on Wi-Fi link if we use 2.4 to connect to the remote the remote uses 5.8 (non-European bands) to connect to Spark
- Android bans utilization of non-European 5.8 bands so we cannot see the remote
- on iPhone or iPad, we can use both bands to connect to the remote because Apple has a bad implementation of the Wi-Fi protocol allowing permanently all bands in 5.8
- the only fully legal use of a remote with Spark in Europe was by OTG and forcing a 2.4 connection remote-Spark and that use was deliberately banned by DJI.
With the 4.1.18 version of their application DJI has offered us an opportunity to return their non-conformed to EU laws products because, I think, using an unapproved frequency is a violation of the law. I will try this next week and I will make a claim to our national communication authority to ban this DJI as non-conform.
2017-11-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for the info
2017-11-25
Use props
uncino78
lvl.1
Flight distance : 535 ft
Italy

TudorD Posted at 2017-11-24 22:45
The Wi-Fi 5.8 bands allocation is the same in all European countries.
Using Spark with a remote and without an OTG cable in Europe is a violation of law because DJI imbedded in the remote non-European 5.8 bands. And this is available for Apple or Android users. Let me explain:
- on Android on Wi-Fi link if we use 2.4 to connect to the remote the remote uses 5.8 (non-European bands) to connect to Spark

is not really so 'many Android devices (galaxy S8 plus works with both frequencies in wifi without cable OTG because ???? where is the truth
2017-12-9
Use props
uncino78
lvl.1
Italy

uncino78 Posted at 2017-12-9 06:37
is not really so 'many Android devices (galaxy S8 plus works with both frequencies in wifi without cable OTG because ???? where is the truth

I live in Italy and a Mate9 that you consider compatible with 2.4 loses the connection as explained? with the same characteristics (s.O., wifi, etc.)
I think you're not up to the real reason for these problems and the customers are screwed
2017-12-9
Use props
uncino78
lvl.1
Italy

uncino78 Posted at 2017-12-9 06:43
I live in Italy and a Mate9 that you consider compatible with 2.4 loses the connection as explained? with the same characteristics (s.O., wifi, etc.)
I think you're not up to the real reason for these problems and the customers are screwed

changed engineer's pools are not up to the task !!!!
2017-12-9
Use props
TudorD
First Officer
Romania

Dear uncino78 please formulate your opinion in a clearer English... and stop quoting yourself.

If you are saying that a S8+ in Italy works on those channels please provide a screenshot of the channel selection in DJI go app and one of the S8+ software information. What we are saying is that on EU on some Android devices those channels are working but this is not very legal. There are several possibilities to obtain this: rooted devices, grey marked devices with custom or non-EU firmware, bad modem firmware implementations leaving all channels functional...

On my Samsung Note5 after connecting to the aircraft I cannot change to 5.8 channels  because those channels are not available from my EU conform phone modem:

and if I connect to the RC I an stuck on a 2.4 connection to the RC and a 5.8 RC-AC:  

RC-AC

RC-AC

If I activate the link to 2.4 between the aircraft and the RC I cannot  see the Wi-Fi of the RC that have passed to 5.8 and I have to use OTG.
I can see the 5.8 Wi-Fi channels of the RC on my Apple products but it is not legal to use them in the EU. That’s all. The technical issues were recently discussed here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-120954-1-1.html

Phone-AC

Phone-AC
2017-12-9
Use props
uncino78
lvl.1
Italy

TudorD Posted at 2017-12-9 23:26
Dear uncino78 please formulate your opinion in a clearer English... and stop quoting yourself.

If you are saying that a S8+ in Italy works on those channels please provide a screenshot of the channel selection in DJI go app and one of the S8+ software information. What we are saying is that on EU on some Android devices those channels are working but this is not very legal. There are several possibilities to obtain this: rooted devices, grey marked devices with custom or non-EU firmware, bad modem firmware implementations leaving all channels functional...

I read what you said but the reality 'and this that some devices like galaxy s8 + work all frequencies without otg (Android 7.0) parity' system (huawey mate 9) I have to use the cable for 2.4 because I do not understand but this is the reality 'and I repeat I do not understand how the engineers in charge of these jobs are not able to solve the problem, for the English I am Italian with school knowledge of the language for which I often have to use the translators and me ne apologize
2017-12-10
Use props
nixuspix
Captain
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Nice advice about changing to the iphone. And what shall i do after buying CrystalSky Ultra for almost 1000€? Also start to look for iphone? Please give me advoce
2017-12-10
Use props
TudorD
First Officer
Romania

Dear uncino78 please give us the model number of your S8+ (Setup-about-model number and from the software information the base band version). Finding this information can be helpfull for all the others afected by this limitation and for DJI in order to provide a patch (I hope).  
2017-12-10
Use props
uncino78
lvl.1
Italy

TudorD Posted at 2017-12-10 07:59
Dear uncino78 please give us the model number of your S8+ (Setup-about-model number and from the software information the base band version). Finding this information can be helpfull for all the others afected by this limitation and for DJI in order to provide a patch (I hope).

here are the features of my galaxy S8 plus that works anapoli with both bands 2.4 and 5.8 without cables like the apple
2017-12-11
Use props
TudorD
First Officer
Romania

Dear uncino78 sorry to disturb you but I think the most relevant information about your phone is not available on those photos… If you have the time and the good will please install from Google store a free application: Phone info Samsung and post the photo of your CSC code page – this will show the origin of your phone and maybe will find a way to change ours.
2017-12-12
Use props
uncino78
lvl.1
Italy

TudorD Posted at 2017-12-12 02:50
Dear uncino78 sorry to disturb you but I think the most relevant information about your phone is not available on those photos… If you have the time and the good will please install from Google store a free application: Phone info Samsung and post the photo of your CSC code page – this will show the origin of your phone and maybe will find a way to change ours.

here is the new data
2017-12-12
Use props
TudorD
First Officer
Romania

Thank you. I will try to cook a firmware for one of my Android phones using a Tim firmware. Maybe their firmware version is more relaxed in Wi-Fi 5Ghz band allocation in EU.
2017-12-13
Use props
djiuser_U2xCAxCbd3vy
lvl.1

Croatia

TudorD Posted at 2017-12-9 23:26

[Image]

Hi,
I don't quite understand everything you said, but basically I have a problem with wifi channels not being shown as in your screenshots. I have no idea how to fix that, because all I want is to change my 5.8 connection to 2.4 and choose the best channel and I don't have option for that. Can you help?
2018-11-4
Use props
TudorD
First Officer
Romania

djiuser_U2xCAxCbd3vy Posted at 11-4 05:26
Hi,
I don't quite understand everything you said, but basically I have a problem with wifi channels not being shown as in your screenshots. I have no idea how to fix that, because all I want is to change my 5.8 connection to 2.4 and choose the best channel and I don't have option for that. Can you help?

It is impossible to do it with the stock app... only on a moded app you will find the possibility to switch bands in an EU country.
2018-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules