Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Drone wouldn’t fly off moving boat
805 5 2017-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Funkyozzi
New
Vietnam

Hi, today I decided to go for it and fly my drone from a moving cruise. For some reason thought as soon as it would take off it would fall back again. Any advice on how to avoid that? Do I need to be actively turning off the home Point setting or something like that? Thanks.
2017-11-9
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

-For some reason thought as soon as it would take off it would fall back again. -

Can it be that it is hovering and the boat is moving?
2017-11-9
Use props
Martin Lines
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19147 ft
United Kingdom

I would suspect it is suffering from some form of sensor overload. Whilst awaiting for take-off the GPS sensor tells it that its moving (with the boat) but the optical sensors tell it that it is stationary (landed). Immediately after take off the GPS sensors tell it that it is stationary (or slowing down) as it is hovering and no longer moving with the boat, but the optical sensor tells it that it is moving (the boat is passing underneath it). Sounds a risky activity to me.
2017-11-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Funky, did you shoot a video about this situation? I would not recommend you fly over water. You can change a wide place without interference. Also, please use the active track mode to follow object. If the problem remains, please export the flight data and the black box data for analysis. Please read the tips about flight environment.
flight environment.PNG
2017-11-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Try palm launch maybe?
2017-11-10
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

I would suggest like Monfroij said to palm launch, or try to get the drone up as soon as it takes off, just pull full stick up to gain altitude
2017-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules