Real time audio monitoring
2157 3 2017-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Presto
lvl.2
Canada

I am sure this has been brought up before but if DJI is listening why can we not do an upgrade to allow us to plug a headphone into our device so we can monitor the audio as it is recording. The visual meters on the phone do not tell you if the signal is clean or distorted etc. The meters do not mean a thing other than "sometihing "is being recorded but how clean is it ? Also when using wireless you have no idea if you lost signal or had interference etc.

This to me is a huge oversite when capturing audio.

Anyone come up with a work around other than recording to seperate device which is not pratical at all.
2017-11-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I noticed the same.
And it is a omission indeed of the DJI Go app.
I can divert to Movie Pro and Filmic Pro, they allow for monitoring via headphone BUT that makes no real sense since I can't use the 3.5mm port for an external mic as that is in use by my headphone.
So I would have to add a wireless mic indeed if I wanted this, or buy a plug that splits this combined port into 2 (one for mic, one for headphones).
2017-11-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We apologize if this issue bothers you.
But good suggestion and also a challenge. We will feedback to our engineers again for consideration in the future design, sorry for the inconvenience caused and appreciate your advice.
2017-11-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-10 03:30
We apologize if this issue bothers you.
But good suggestion and also a challenge. We will feedback to our engineers again for consideration in the future design, sorry for the inconvenience caused and appreciate your advice.

Thanks for that.
If I might add some more suggestions for the Osmo Mobile (mainly the GO app)
1. Add contrast / picture style to allow for flat shooting
2. Add 25 / 50 fps frame rates.
3. Introduce a third mode in which the gimbal 'knows' movement is intentional (like when you are rotating around a subject, now the motion is not very smooth as the gimbal hesitates if it needs to compensate or follow the movement)
4. Make smooth exposure changes in timelapse mode (no flickering)
5. Motion timelapse with speed changes (like start fast, slow down in the middle etc. make that variable per point)
2017-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules