DJI Phantom 4 Pro+ - still not resolved issue!!!
12Next >
2305 41 2017-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Robertneumann19
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1766394 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Good morning DJI.
I really need to write it all here as your colleagues from DJI Support does not care. Here is my story:
Bought my DJI Phantom 4 Pro+ (built in screen) in December 2016. Quickly after that I noticed some faults. One of them was DJI GO APP crashing during the flight when aircraft is air bone.
I reported it in the RMA CAS-422599-C2K7W0 on 23/01/2017 (picture) - not fixed. Second RMA CAS-504043-W4G6W2 (picture) - still not fixed. In the consequence in September I could not control my flight and the aircraft landed on the 15m tree. By the time I could take it down it got wet. I sent to the service again - CAS-1051985-H7N8L4. The drone was repaired on my cost as DJI Support said it was out of warranty failure but the situation was caused by the app. Also they posted my drone back to incorrect address and I have to fixed with UPS Poland currier, but it caused the delay. Yesterday I flew first time after the repair and the app crashed again (picture). Obviously each time I was assured they do quality checks and everything must work. The reality is different. I am afraid to fly this craft. For me the RC has been faulty from the beginning. The whole situation takes now too long and I request some form of the compensation as despite my reports the issue is still not fixed.

I am really unhappy. I hope some of you will take care.
Have a nice day.

2017-11-10
Use props
Robertneumann19
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

2017-11-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi, Robert, we apologize for the unpleasant experience with the previous repair process and customer service.
DJI Go crash issue is related to software, this cannot be fixed by local repair team since they can only repair hardware, thanks for the understanding.
Would you please provide us the model of your mobile device, the system version and current APP version you are running? We will do our best to assist. Thank you.
2017-11-10
Use props
Robertneumann19
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

It is built in screen in DJI Pnatom 4 pro+ on android or something you designed there. The software version is v. 01.02.02.00.
I also request the compensation for all this as all this is due to DJI device fault.
2017-11-10
Use props
Robertneumann19
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

2017-11-10
Use props
Robertneumann19
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

For me as not DJI Engineer but someone who uses common sense the thing is simple. DJI Go app does not save the flight record when the app crashes - this is what I spotted. That is why DJI Support could not find this fault and I was charged for the repair, while the crash was caused by the fact that on app crashing I lost control of the craft.
2017-11-10
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The customer service at DJI is the main let down for an otherwise good company. The guys on this forum are usually very good in getting help when required. Have you considered the controller without the built in screen ? I ask this as there seems to be a whole load of people on here that have had issues with everything you could think of. I do feel for everyone who is going through what you have and continue to experience. I do feel though that DJI do not have support staff with an international language base. This in itself can cause simple failings when people do contact them and report issues. In looking at DJI MIndy's answer...WTH ?? If there is an obvious issue with the controller with a built in screen, then surely this would fall into the box of a hardware failure as it's an all in one unit. I hope you get the help that you need.
2017-11-10
Use props
Robertneumann19
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

Yes, thanks for your reply CoreyB10. Now it is too late to think if I preferred RC without built in screen. I just want it to work but at the moment I am scared to fly it. What if it crashes again? They will make me pay again as for sure it was my fault - hahaha. What I experience every time I deal with DJI Support is lack of professionalism. I solve problems for them. Sick!!!
2017-11-10
Use props
Robertneumann19
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

And it is unfair to hear some department deals with hardware, and someone else with the software. If I sent for the repair I do not care who cares for what. I raise the problems and expect them to be fixed no matter if you have to consult issues with each other. Lets shuffle with the device, keep sending between the departments - I DO NOT CARE. JUST FIX IT! Always excuses, excuses, excuses - this is all about you - DJI.
2017-11-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Robertneumann19 Posted at 2017-11-10 03:14
Yes, thanks for your reply CoreyB10. Now it is too late to think if I preferred RC without built in screen. I just want it to work but at the moment I am scared to fly it. What if it crashes again? They will make me pay again as for sure it was my fault - hahaha. What I experience every time I deal with DJI Support is lack of professionalism. I solve problems for them. Sick!!!

I am scared to fly it. What if it crashes again?

You should still have full control even if the app crashes.
The app lets you see the camera view but it doesn't control the flight.
2017-11-10
Use props
Robertneumann19
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

Ok so what if the craft is out of sight?
2017-11-10
Use props
Robertneumann19
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

I paid for the device and it is got to work anyway!
2017-11-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Robertneumann19 Posted at 2017-11-10 03:38
Ok so what if the craft is out of sight?

If it's out of sight, RTH should work just the same.
2017-11-10
Use props
Robertneumann19
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

This is not a solution or an excuse! The device has to work. What I pay for?
2017-11-10
Use props
Robertneumann19
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-10 02:28
Hi, Robert, we apologize for the unpleasant experience with the previous repair process and customer service.
DJI Go crash issue is related to software, this cannot be fixed by local repair team since they can only repair hardware, thanks for the understanding.
Would you please provide us the model of your mobile device, the system version and current APP version you are running? We will do our best to assist. Thank you.

So what do you propose. Just found many crash logs in my device. First one from February. All you can download from here https://www.dropbox.com/s/90hu0vmvp8dyuec/Archive.zip?dl=0.
I have enough. I expect full compensation from last unsuccessfull repair and new RC to be sent to my address next week.
2017-11-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Robertneumann19 Posted at 2017-11-10 04:34
So what do you propose. Just found many crash logs in my device. First one from February. All you can download from here https://www.dropbox.com/s/90hu0vmvp8dyuec/Archive.zip?dl=0.
I have enough. I expect full compensation from last unsuccessfull repair and new RC to be sent to my address next week.

I am really sorry for your difficulties experience with us, Robert, I had forwarded the crash log to our engineers to look into. Since I noticed that you opened a new case, right? Had you sent it back? If you haven't, could you please try to refresh the firmware? Or you can try to reset the RC to default. If you had sent it back, I will keep an eye on it. Sincerely sorry again.
2017-11-10
Use props
Robertneumann19
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

Refreshing the firmware or resetting does not help. My real wonder is if you had my device three times already: in February, August and October and each time I was asking to check why the app crashes. YOU INGORED ME so now I will be bombarding you from all sides so somebody from DJI DOES THE JOB IN A PROFESSIONAL MANNER. Also I keep this: I REQUEST THE COMPENSATION FOR:
- UNSUCESFULL REPAIRS THREE TIMES ALREADY!
THE INCONVENIENCE I EXPERIENCE WITH YOU
- LACK OF PROFESSIONALISM
- TIME WASTED

AND A NEW RC AS it seems YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO FIX IT!
2017-11-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Robertneumann19 Posted at 2017-11-10 23:14
Refreshing the firmware or resetting does not help. My real wonder is if you had my device three times already: in February, August and October and each time I was asking to check why the app crashes. YOU INGORED ME so now I will be bombarding you from all sides so somebody from DJI DOES THE JOB IN A PROFESSIONAL MANNER. Also I keep this: I REQUEST THE COMPENSATION FOR:
- UNSUCESFULL REPAIRS THREE TIMES ALREADY!
THE INCONVENIENCE I EXPERIENCE WITH YOU

We understand your frustration and request, could you please wait a moment for the analysis of crash log firstly?
We will speed up the analysis process and get you an update as soon as possible, thanks for the understanding.
2017-11-11
Use props
Robertneumann19
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-11 23:39
We understand your frustration and request, could you please wait a moment for the analysis of crash log firstly?
We will speed up the analysis process and get you an update as soon as possible, thanks for the understanding.

Ok, lets analyze. But the whole think is funny now. I raised this fault first time in February, second time in August and then in September, but DJI has to know better always :-(
2017-11-12
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hopefully DJI will take care of this problem.
2017-11-12
Use props
Robertneumann19
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-11-12 08:25
Hopefully DJI will take care of this problem.

We will see. I am losing this hope based on 10 months experience with them :-(
2017-11-12
Use props
Robertneumann19
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-11 23:39

Also trying to look at the flight logs (and not being able as the app crashed nearly every time I opened the logs) I managed to see how DJI does the light test after repair. Their flight test took 20sec indoor so answer to yourself if such test is accurate.
2017-11-12
Use props
Rich Z
lvl.1

United States

Hmm, and here I was thinking that buying the Phantom Pro+ model with DJI's own screen with a tightly controlled Android OS would be the answer to the problems with the app crashing that seems to be a real problem. Well, apparently not the answer. No one else to point the finger at concerning liability other than DJI itself. Honestly, I would have thought that DJI was making enough money to be able to afford better qualified programming staff. That really seems to be the weak link in their product chain, which you would think would be readily fixable.  Yeah, I can understand outside Android devices causing headaches because of all the manufacturer level modifications, but this?  No excuses there!

Pity, as I was really thinking this industry had matured enough with reliability for me to risk buying into it.  Three years have passed since I last looked into buying a drone, but apparently nothing has changed.   The drones all seem to have more bells and whistles, but the stories of losses and failures are still the same.

Disappointing.....

2017-11-12
Use props
Robertneumann19
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

Rich Z Posted at 2017-11-12 23:29
Hmm, and here I was thinking that buying the Phantom Pro+ model with DJI's own screen with a tightly controlled Android OS would be the answer to the problems with the app crashing that seems to be a real problem. Well, apparently not the answer. No one else to point the finger at concerning liability other than DJI itself. Honestly, I would have thought that DJI was making enough money to be able to afford better qualified programming staff. That really seems to be the weak link in their product chain, which you would think would be readily fixable.  Yeah, I can understand outside Android devices causing headaches because of all the manufacturer level modifications, but this?  No excuses there!

Pity, as I was really thinking this industry had matured enough with reliability for me to risk buying into it.  Three years have passed since I last looked into buying a drone, but apparently nothing has changed.   The drones all seem to have more bells and whistles, but the stories of losses and failures are still the same.

You are right. DJI for me is a very unreliable company with helpless support.
2017-11-12
Use props
adfp_88
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Hi, we have notice this.  there will be a newer version later. please upgrade when you see it!Thanks
2017-11-13
Use props
Robertneumann19
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

adfp_88 Posted at 2017-11-13 03:49
Hi, we have notice this.  there will be a newer version later. please upgrade when you see it!Thanks

I do not think is a matter of a version as it was crashing back in February and throughout all recent period. The hardware is too weak or there is some interaction between the app and the hardware. Also saying there will be a newer version is not an excuse. It is got to work!
2017-11-13
Use props
Rich Z
lvl.1

United States

adfp_88 Posted at 2017-11-13 03:49

Sorry, but no, thank you. Fix the problem FIRST, then I will consider making a purchase.
2017-11-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Robertneumann19 Posted at 2017-11-13 03:57
I do not think is a matter of a version as it was crashing back in February and throughout all recent period. The hardware is too weak or there is some interaction between the app and the hardware. Also saying there will be a newer version is not an excuse. It is got to work!

Robert, the post in 25# is from our engineers after analyzing the crash log you provided.
We sincerely apologize for all the troubles that have been caused during this time. Your request has been escalated to appropriate team to see what we can do further to make your experience with us better.
We will have someone to contact you soon, thanks for the patience.
2017-11-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Robertneumann19 Posted at 2017-11-13 03:57

We are working on improving our products, will try our best to get it improved soon, thanks for your support.
2017-11-13
Use props
Rich Z
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-13 19:12
We are working on improving our products, will try our best to get it improved soon, thanks for your support.

You know, I first looked into buying a drone to use as an aerial  video/photography platform back in November of 2014.  After taking a long hard look at things, I determined that the products and companies selling them just were not ready for prime time yet.  Far too many issues with fly away products and  other just dropping out of the sky that was just downright dangerous.  I sure as heck didn't want to have my hands on the controls of a device that went crazy and injured someone. And the companies selling them just basically turning their backs on the people who spent their hard earned money on these things, claiming that those kinds of losses and dangerous failures just were not their problem.

So here, three years later, I am still hearing the same old things. Are you just waiting for someone to be killed by a falling or runaway consumer level drone before you REALLY fix the reliability of your products? Or does DJI believe that it can dodge that responsibility and liability as well?  With the apparent number of these being sold, combined with the range and speed they can attain, the odds are against this never happening.  You really want DJI to have a picture of one of your drones associated with that sort of headline news?

My suggestion would be to can the new product development and fix what you already have first.  Obviously you are having a lot of trouble hitting that moving target.

IMHO.
2017-11-13
Use props
Robertneumann19
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-13 19:00
Robert, the post in 25# is from our engineers after analyzing the crash log you provided.
We sincerely apologize for all the troubles that have been caused during this time. Your request has been escalated to appropriate team to see what we can do further to make your experience with us better.
We will have someone to contact you soon, thanks for the patience.

So if your engineers look for excuses like that I have no wonder why the device has not been fixed since February!
2017-11-13
Use props
Robertneumann19
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-13 19:12

I know you have monopoly on the market now but seriously please treat each other professionally. I raised this fault back in February, then in March, August, September and October so nothing which came up yesterday.
2017-11-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Robertneumann19 Posted at 2017-11-13 23:05
I know you have monopoly on the market now but seriously please treat each other professionally. I raised this fault back in February, then in March, August, September and October so nothing which came up yesterday.

We understand your frustration and the compensation is beyond my capability, our supervisor is following up your case and I believe he has contacted you for further resolution, thanks for your cooperation.
2017-11-14
Use props
Robertneumann19
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

Noone contacted me yet.
2017-11-15
Use props
Robertneumann19
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-14 20:01
We understand your frustration and the compensation is beyond my capability, our supervisor is following up your case and I believe he has contacted you for further resolution, thanks for your cooperation.

When can I expect somebody contacting me?
2017-11-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Robertneumann19 Posted at 2017-11-15 08:07
When can I expect somebody contacting me?

Robert, sorry for the late response. I have left message to our supervisor who will contact you again in working hours, thanks for the patience.
2017-11-15
Use props
Robertneumann19
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-15 19:12
Robert, sorry for the late response. I have left message to our supervisor who will contact you again in working hours, thanks for the patience.

Still not heard from anyone.
2017-11-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Robertneumann19 Posted at 2017-11-16 10:59
Still not heard from anyone.

Sir, our supervisor has contacted you and you have even replied his email.
Now the case is undergoing evaluation, he will report back to you once he gets any update.
Your patience would be highly appreciated. email.png
2017-11-16
Use props
Robertneumann19
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-16 19:48
Sir, our supervisor has contacted you and you have even replied his email.
Now the case is undergoing evaluation, he will report back to you once he gets any update.
Your patience would be highly appreciated.[view_image]

Yes because I opened separate case but you said something else before...
2017-11-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Robertneumann19 Posted at 2017-11-16 23:18
Yes because I opened separate case but you said something else before...

I'm sorry for the confusion, our supervisor is following up the case and will get back to you soon about the evaluation and further resolution.
Thank you for the patience.
2017-11-17
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules