Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
FIX - Dji Mavic Pro Remote Controller Stuck on Connecting
36958 22 2017-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dronny
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2713 ft
United Kingdom

This is just a quick fix for anyone that is expericing the same issue.

I recently got a brand new Mavic Pro a gift and was happy as can be. Finally I got one, I fully charged to remote controller (RC) and the Drone (AC).
Tried connecting the remote and noticed it was stuck on connecting.........  nothing that I tried work, upgraded the software, rebooted multiple time, toggled the between RC and Wifi - NOTHING......

So I contacted Dji Support and they gave me this gudie which connnected the RC to the AC straight away.

Make sure the drone it switched to RC mode.

1. Power on the Remote Controller and Aircarft.

2. Press the C1 and C2 buttons on the back of the remote controller and the record button.

3. When the remote controller makes beeping sounds press the shutter button.

4. The remote controller will beep quickly and display binding on screen

Note: Hold the C1, C2 and the record button before pressing the shutter button. The AC and RC should be within 2 meters other during linking.

5. Press the link button on the Mavic (this is located where the SD card is just above the indicator light) . When the remote controller display ready to go, and the indicator at the rear of the Aircraft flashes slowly, The remote controller has successfully linked

Hope this helps someone - it took me a whole day to get this working on my drone.

Good luck

2017-11-10
Use props
Painsbane
New
Flight distance : 30 ft
United States

I am having a similar issue.  However, the controller never beeps when to proceed to hitting the shutter button.  it just says connecting for ever.  I can charge it, and when i hook it to my phone, it charges my phone, but it doesn't connect to anything.
2017-11-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thank you for sharing your experience, dronny. Hope this can also help others who have encountered the connecting issue. Happy flying.
2017-11-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Painsbane Posted at 2017-11-10 19:07
I am having a similar issue.  However, the controller never beeps when to proceed to hitting the shutter button.  it just says connecting for ever.  I can charge it, and when i hook it to my phone, it charges my phone, but it doesn't connect to anything.

Just to verify, is your mobile device connecting to the RC? If the Enter Device toggle becomes blue, you can follow the tutorial below and see if it helps:
2017-11-10
Use props
Jacob Steward
New
Flight distance : 15837 ft

Having the same problem, any results on getting this fixed?  I have updated the firmware with my mac directly to the AC and the remote update keeps failing.  
2018-5-28
Use props
Marcel22
lvl.1
France

Thank you Dronny,

After a repair , I've got this issue.

Very helpful and absolutly clear. It works now !
2018-6-11
Use props
fansed722954
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34892 ft
United States

Having Gimbal issue. Remote keeps saying Gimbal motor overheating, remove gimbal lock. Some on mentioned maybe the Gimbal ribbon needed replacing. Why or how would the Gimbal ribbon get jacked up?
2018-7-12
Use props
fans99a71334
New

India

Please help me to fix the issue, I have a similar problem. When i connect my iphone to my remote controller it starts charging my iphone but doesnt connect. I tried relinking my remote controller to the aircraft but nothing worked.
2018-7-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans99a71334 Posted at 2018-7-15 06:55
Please help me to fix the issue, I have a similar problem. When i connect my iphone to my remote controller it starts charging my iphone but doesnt connect. I tried relinking my remote controller to the aircraft but nothing worked.

Hi, sorry for the trouble that it caused, I would like to ask if you were able to link your RC to your AC? have you tried to change USB port as well to check if your RC will recognize your phone? Please provide your specific aircraft. Thank you.
2018-7-15
Use props
Rick A
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3566 ft

Thanks for posting this. As per others, I could not connect after the drone came back for repairs. The instructions you provided are clear and concise. Worked on my first try. Thank you!
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Rick A Posted at 2018-8-29 21:13
Thanks for posting this. As per others, I could not connect after the drone came back for repairs. The instructions you provided are clear and concise. Worked on my first try. Thank you!

Hi, Sorry to know about that, however, glad to know that the issue has been sorted. Please let us know if you need our help. Thank you for the support.
2018-8-30
Use props
Rick A
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3566 ft
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-30 13:25
Hi, Sorry to know about that, however, glad to know that the issue has been sorted. Please let us know if you need our help. Thank you for the support.

No worries, I did a quick search and found the answer right on this forum. Saved me time and grief and did not need to seek help from support. All right s good, I really appreciate the help and support offered on this forum.
2018-8-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Rick A Posted at 2018-8-30 16:37
No worries, I did a quick search and found the answer right on this forum. Saved me time and grief and did not need to seek help from support. All right s good, I really appreciate the help and support offered on this forum.

Thanks for your feedback and once again sorry for that inconvenience. Have a safe flight ahead.
2018-8-31
Use props
CSNIDER1
New

Marcel22 Posted at 2018-6-11 07:05
Thank you Dronny,

After a repair , I've got this issue.

I recently got a Mavic 2 zoom. The first time it connected it said controller firmware update needed. So I did that on the Go 4 app... Then it wouldn't connect to the AC at all. Downloaded DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic 2 and updated the AC. It connected and I flew it through one battery. Now it won't connect. I've tried binding through the app, binding manually, and I get nothing...
What am I missing?? I've tried starting the AC THEN RC, RC THEN AC, PHONE HOOKED UP, PHONE NOT HOOKED UP... I'M LOST!
2018-9-14
Use props
Dr.DoFiddle
New

Thanks for posting this. I feel like I've got a weird variation on this problem, if anyone has any suggestions they're welcome before I send in for repair. Also, first time poster apologies if I'm not posting in the right forum, happy to repost with direction.

After a crash, my drone seems fine, I even got it to connect to my phone via wifi, it's not giving me any errors, no visible damage, ect.

Post crash, the remote won't connect anymore and furthermore turns off almost immediately after I turn it on. It turns on, beeps, shows connecting, turns off. The controller was not involved in the crash. It wasn't dropped, nothing. I updated all firmware before taking off that day, so it's not like it was interrupted there, either.

Any suggestions? I've tried all the button holding combinations, but if the controller won't stay on, I think it's not getting the commands. If I plug it in as if to charge, it will stay on but stay on "connecting" forever. And again, the button combinations don't seem to work.

Thanks for any help offered before I send this in for repairs.
2018-10-8
Use props
Dr.DoFiddle
New

Dr.DoFiddle Posted at 2018-10-8 11:41
Thanks for posting this. I feel like I've got a weird variation on this problem, if anyone has any suggestions they're welcome before I send in for repair. Also, first time poster apologies if I'm not posting in the right forum, happy to repost with direction.

After a crash, my drone seems fine, I even got it to connect to my phone via wifi, it's not giving me any errors, no visible damage, ect.

Hello, just in case anyone has my seemingly unique problem, the fix was to plug the remote into AC power, and then leave it trying to connect next to the turned on drone for approximately forever (hours.) When I came back it was connected and operating normally.
2018-10-8
Use props
djiuser_SCHUtalzb1M6
New

Slovenia

Hi! I have a question, my mavic 2 zoom worked normally untill yesterday when i turned it on and on the RC said " remote controller connection error". Why is that and what should I do? Please help
2018-10-21
Use props
fanscf0c3615
New

Malaysia

Hi, I bought a mavic Pro recently, and till now still can’t connect to the drone. The same RC endless connecting issue as stated in the forum. I’ve tried to connect my phone, it’s charge but won’t recognize it, tried the C1, C2, no luck, everything is full charged. Please help... very frustrating when you pay for such amount of money buying problematic product...
2019-1-25
Use props
djiuser_Q4sx05EfgWfo
New

United Kingdom

Thank you very much!! Could not figure this out for days, going to a wedding in one hour and I found your tip, fixed!!
2019-2-15
Use props
HoPro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70958 ft
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Painsbane Posted at 2017-11-10 19:07

HI!
I have same problem with my Mavic 2 remote controller...
Did you solve the problem?
2020-1-7
Use props
William Tirado
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

Dr.DoFiddle Posted at 2018-10-8 15:53
Hello, just in case anyone has my seemingly unique problem, the fix was to plug the remote into AC power, and then leave it trying to connect next to the turned on drone for approximately forever (hours.) When I came back it was connected and operating normally.

Hello,
Was this a permament solution or did the problem happen again?. On my case, my Mavic Pro 2 will only connect to my controller if I turn on the controller while connected to power then turn on drone.
2020-10-13
Use props
Thomas Bouchereau
lvl.1
United States

I’m having the same issue, only my mavic 2 zoom randomly stopped connecting after the last update. I’ve tried everything I can find. Seem like the drone itself is stunk in the bind mode as the back lights continuously flash yellow. The bind button does absolutely nothing when pressed. It had an orange/red light that stays that color from start up. Please help. Anyone actually get their remote to connect again.
2023-8-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thomas Bouchereau Posted at 8-12 19:21
I’m having the same issue, only my mavic 2 zoom randomly stopped connecting after the last update. I’ve tried everything I can find. Seem like the drone itself is stunk in the bind mode as the back lights continuously flash yellow. The bind button does absolutely nothing when pressed. It had an orange/red light that stays that color from start up. Please help. Anyone actually get their remote to connect again.

Hello there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please try the steps below:
1. Please check whether the aircraft has a microSD card. If yes, remove the microSD card and try linking again.
2. Please switch the linking method between “Linking with the app” and “Linking with combination buttons” (please refer to dronny's method)
3. If the RC is already on the latest firmware, try refreshing the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 that you can download using your computer from this link:https://www.dji.com/global/downloads/products/mavic-2
Please me posted once done. Thank you and have a great day.
2023-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules