Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
flightlogging on S900 - A2 + IOSDmk2 + LB1
903 7 2017-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Runi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1548743 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

This might have been asked before but my searches rendered no useful results. What I am wondering, since I am fairly new at flying S900 that is equipped with A2 FC, IOSD mk2 and LB1 (i chose this version since I need to use a Futaba T14SG flight controller).
My question is, how do you guys using simular gear, tackel flightlogs. Do you manually take notes or are they stored somewehere within IOSD? If so, how do you access them and most importantly how do you access them on a Mac? I only have a PC at my office and not at home, where i do most of my fiddling with the drone.

And now that I mentioned the LB1, what ever happened to DJI iOS support.. didn´t it use to work with iphones and ipads? I have an android device but i just prefer using my ipad.

My S900 is a bit different since i use it to fly LED lights so I dont have a gimbal attached.

S900 custom made

S900 custom made
2017-11-10
Use props
DennisMurry08
Captain
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

No iOS support for LB1..never will be....I’ve been looking at doing the light bar..how are you remotely turning it on and off? Are you able to rotate up and down or is that something you have to manually adjust?
2017-11-12
Use props
Runi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Denmark

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2017-11-12 22:01
No iOS support for LB1..never will be....I’ve been looking at doing the light bar..how are you remotely turning it on and off? Are you able to rotate up and down or is that something you have to manually adjust?

That is just so sad.. that they put something on the marked and don´t commit to making it complete.  I am also quite disappointed that the iOSD mk2 does not log gps data.
Now regarding the lightbar, I have mounted a Turnigy on/off switch that is plugged into one of the F ports on the A2, I then mapped it to on of my 3way switches on my Futaba T14SG. At the moment the lights are fixed in downwards position, I gave up on a motorized solution for the time being because that would take me over the weight limit. I started out with a solution that allowed me to change angles manually but that was not sturdy enough and the whole thing wobbled to much and could result in unsable flighing behavior. So I went for a more fixed and stiff mount, a simple L brached made out of 25mm carbon tubes. I am working on a E1200 upgrade which will allow me to add weight to the rig. I have currently two plans on the drawing board. I have some leftover parts from a DIY gimbal with alexmos controller and I might construct some sort of brushless gimbal to control the pitch of the lights and map it to rotating switch on the TX.
Or I might just settle for a regular servo motor to switch angle and map that to the rotating switch.
2017-11-14
Use props
DennisMurry08
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Runi Posted at 2017-11-14 13:55
That is just so sad.. that they put something on the marked and don´t commit to making it complete.  I am also quite disappointed that the iOSD mk2 does not log gps data.
Now regarding the lightbar, I have mounted a Turnigy on/off switch that is plugged into one of the F ports on the A2, I then mapped it to on of my 3way switches on my Futaba T14SG. At the moment the lights are fixed in downwards position, I gave up on a motorized solution for the time being because that would take me over the weight limit. I started out with a solution that allowed me to change angles manually but that was not sturdy enough and the whole thing wobbled to much and could result in unsable flighing behavior. So I went for a more fixed and stiff mount, a simple L brached made out of 25mm carbon tubes. I am working on a E1200 upgrade which will allow me to add weight to the rig. I have currently two plans on the drawing board. I have some leftover parts from a DIY gimbal with alexmos controller and I might construct some sort of brushless gimbal to control the pitch of the lights and map it to rotating switch on the TX.
Or I might just settle for a regular servo motor to switch angle and map that to the rotating switch.

I’ve seen some clips of an led bar on a drone...wasn’t a DJI but the lighting effects were amazing....made me think of different shots you normally couldn’t do....post some clips when you get some shots..
2017-11-15
Use props
DennisMurry08
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Runi Posted at 2017-11-14 13:55

I’ve seen some clips of an led bar on a drone...wasn’t a DJI but the lighting effects were amazing....made me think of different shots you normally couldn’t do....post some clips when you get some shots..
2017-11-15
Use props
Runi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Denmark

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2017-11-15 20:58

Here is the first test:
2017-11-25
Use props
DennisMurry08
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Runi Posted at 2017-11-25 06:10
Here is the first test: https://vimeo.com/243397523

That looks great...how about heat? How do you dissipate it?
2017-11-26
Use props
Runi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Denmark

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2017-11-26 20:51
That looks great...how about heat? How do you dissipate it?

there is no heat issue, there is a fan on each led light.
2017-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules