1128 9 2017-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6c3bfb1b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 249826 ft
United Kingdom

hi,

just got my mavic pro from dji 2 months ago (new warranty set or refurbished - not sure)

iphone 7+ IOS11.1, mavic & remote firmware both latest V 01.04.0000 (19-09-2017) DJI GO 4 latest V 4.1.17

here's brief description of the issues i had:

1. the remote control joysticks gone crazy, basically left stick becomes right and vice versa (with missing functions). this didn just happen to me, but to my friend's mavic as well. as i was waiting for my new mavic to be delivered, i borrowed my friend's. flew to an altitude about 100m in relatively cold weather 5-10 degrees C. the remote control went crazy, i had to press & hold home button on the remote to bring the drone back, also the camera control functions are unable to work. initially i thought it was cold weather? but upon reading other threads, they didn seem to have this problem.

2a. maivc connected the remote, however on the dji go 4 app screen,  only able to see what the camera sees with 3 buttons (see pic), no menu, no status bar, not responsive at all. i was unable to take the drone to the air as well. i force quit the app and restart. doesnt help. after several tries, it worked but after the drone is in the air, same issue as described in problem 1 occurred. the dji go 4 app also crashed, and when i restarted the app, it shows disconnected. Again i use home button on remote to return the drone back.

suspecting it might be a remote controller issue, i tried wifi, doesnt work. or it might be a cable issue, i used a new lightning cable connected to the bottom of the remote, doesnt work as well.

2b. Not only the connection/app issue, the camera also misbehaving, having weird vibration, causing all my videos & photos to be blurred.

i contacted DJI, they ask me update the firmware to the latest, format the sd card, delete & reinstsall DJI app etc (which i already did), it doesnt help. so they ask me to send in the drone.

Feeling frustrated, i decided to downgrade the firmware (using dji assistant on mac), it works. everything is ok. then i upgraded it to latest firmware again. it still works.

my findings gave me an idea of what might have happened, i updated the latest firmware using the dji go 4 app (wifi), the wifi wasnt particularly strong in the house, it might have contributed to some missing data or corrupted file during installation. when i restored the firmware & updated using usb wire, everyting works fine again.

so i recommend all future firmware update using wired instead, just to eliminate the corruption issue and dji support should give this as one of the troubleshooting solution, not just ask us to send it.

hope this helps

2017-11-10
Use props
fans6c3bfb1b
lvl.1
United Kingdom

2017-11-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry to read on the unpleasant experience with our product. Please help us to do the troubleshooting about the problems you are experiencing.

1. left stick becomes right and vice versa (with missing functions)
May I know the stick mode you set in DJI Go 4?

2. no menu, no status bar, not responsive at all
This is the compatibility issue with iOS 11, we have get it improved in DJI Go 4 v4.1.17, have you update to the latest version?

3. the camera also misbehaving, having weird vibration, causing all my videos & photos to be blurred.
We are glad to know you figured it out, thanks for the tip and suggestion. We will feedback to our engineers to if it is true.

2017-11-11
Use props
DudeWithADrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 220922 ft
Australia

I'm having the "camera misbehaving" issue you describe (I think). The Gimbal just goes crazy during flight.  Sometimes I can't even be sure which way the drone is facing and the video is all shaky and wobbly.  I tried to downgrade the firmware using DJI Assistant on the Mac - it just wouldn't give me the option.  All I could do was "reset to factory settings" and that did nothing!  I'd love to try and fix it with a firmware downgrade/upgrade, but I just couldn't;t get the DJI Assistant app to work.  So frustrating.
2017-11-12
Use props
justbeeme
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-11 22:41
Sorry to read on the unpleasant experience with our product. Please help us to do the troubleshooting about the problems you are experiencing.

hi Mindy, after i reinstall the firmware. the drone flies alright, however the camera still wobbly...i got the gimbal overload warning even when my gimbal clamp is not in place.

2017-11-12
Use props
justbeeme
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DudeWithADrone Posted at 2017-11-12 01:53
I'm having the "camera misbehaving" issue you describe (I think). The Gimbal just goes crazy during flight.  Sometimes I can't even be sure which way the drone is facing and the video is all shaky and wobbly.  I tried to downgrade the firmware using DJI Assistant on the Mac - it just wouldn't give me the option.  All I could do was "reset to factory settings" and that did nothing!  I'd love to try and fix it with a firmware downgrade/upgrade, but I just couldn't;t get the DJI Assistant app to work.  So frustrating.

did u use the dji assistant ? once u connect ur drone via usb & power on ur drone, it will show u different firmware versions, you can chose refresh, downgrade or restore.
2017-11-12
Use props
justbeeme
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-11 22:41

1. i've been using mode 2 since i bought the drone. no issues before that
2. yes im using the latest dji go 4 app. (anyway now solved after reloading the firmware)
3. still not working, frustrated.

reply from DJI:

Due to the clearance issue, you are unable to ship it back to HK from the UK, after repair, we are unable to ship it back to the UK, please be noted.

So if you choose to repair it in HK, you need to ship the drone from the Singapore address to DJI HK repair center, after repair, our repair will ship it back to your Singapore address.

If you want to repair it asap,  you can choose to ship the drone from the UK to DJI EU repair center, please let me know your detail address in UK, then I will help you forward the email to the related coworker who in charge the repair in the UK for a help. You need to pay for the repair in this way, please be noted.

2017-11-12
Use props
justbeeme
lvl.1
United Kingdom

is this exposed wire from the gimbal normal? this is brand new set from dji
2017-11-12
Use props
Thudd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624787 ft
United States

justbeeme Posted at 2017-11-12 06:17
[view_image] is this exposed wire from the gimbal normal? this is brand new set from dji

That's how mine looks
2017-11-12
Use props
justbeeme
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I tested the drone again today,

1.it crashed into the wall with obstacle avoidance ON(daylight in a carpark).
2. its been drifting around (horizontally and vertically) during flight (no wind). The sensor at the bottom doesn’t seem to function very correctly, it drifted and landed on the ground(on its own) but the propellers still spinning.
3. Return to home was set way off even with GPS signal acquired.
4. camera is looking fine now.

i think i have a lemon unit (direct from dji store), one problem after another.

2017-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules