2043 9 2017-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513757 ft
United States

Team...

Not sure if there was a thread for this here on the Spark forum, but I found this in the Mavic forum:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... amp;fromuid=1232287

Wow!  This was really easy and got my Sparky insured through State Farm for $60.  If you are in Chicago and want this, check out Kim Hong in the list, very easy to do.

Cheers....

Todd in Chicago
2017-11-10
Use props
Javey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503458 ft
United States

Thanks for the tip. I did dji refresh however it does not cover theft or loss so insurance sounds like the way to go!
2017-11-10
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
United States

Javey Posted at 2017-11-10 16:25
Thanks for the tip. I did dji refresh however it does not cover theft or loss so insurance sounds like the way to go!

Javey....

What sold me is that this covers fly-aways......

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
2017-11-10
Use props
Javey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503458 ft
United States

Todd in Chicago Posted at 2017-11-10 17:33
Javey....

What sold me is that this covers fly-aways......

Good call.  I almost had a flyaway once, scared the heck out of me.  It's nice to have that reassurance.
2017-11-10
Use props
wattmhite1
lvl.1

United States

You all should definitely check out BWIFLY I got my part 107, started my business and called them and they totally know about insuring drones in and out. They also had the lowest price for 1 mil insurance. www.bwifly.com
2017-11-16
Use props
Danger Danger
lvl.1
Flight distance : 114751 ft
United States

I went to Europe last year (2017) and to fly there you are required to have 1 million in liability insurance in France and Switzerland. I found a company that offers both US & international insurance for up to 2 drones with a cost of $165.00 a year. If I had gone verify, which only covers domestic, I would have reached that cost with only 8 flights. I have never had to make a claim so I don't know how they payout, good or bad, but I do know when I write to them I get a response back extremely quick.  I purchased my insurance just a couple of days before my trip and told them I needed proof ASAP. Within hours they sent me an e-mail with proof I was covered. Check out International Drone Racing Association. You can visit their web site at
https://www.idra.co/
and it is really .co (.co is a international company domain address) not .com
2018-2-14
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
United States

Interestingly enough..

I recently sold my Spark and had it removed from the policy and added a Phantom 4 Pro and a Mavic Air; seemingly for no cost difference.

Cheers..

Todd in Chicago
2018-2-14
Use props
sidtx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266729 ft
United States

For those of you in the USA,  the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA) will provide $2Million of liability coverage with a yearly $75 membership fee.

https://www.modelaircraft.org

That's pretty cheap for that kind of coverage.   Keep in mind that this is liability only.  Wont cover drone damage or flyaways.    However, if your drone damages something, or hurts someone,  then the liability coverage kicks in.

you also get some other benefits such as their model aircraft magazine -- which does cover all types, including quads.

Sid
2018-2-14
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

ahhh in Canada the proposed rules are going to require minimum of $100K liability insurance for both recreational and commercial flyers. Boy oh boy I have tried getting it for under $100 per month for the spark and the least ive been quoted for is $390. JEEZ its only a 300 gram drone! What can go wrong? Anyways please tell me if you guys find a company that has quoted $100K of liability insurance for around $100 per month for the spark.
2018-2-14
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
United States

sidtx Posted at 2018-2-14 14:02
For those of you in the USA,  the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA) will provide $2Million of liability coverage with a yearly $75 membership fee.

https://www.modelaircraft.org

Yes....I actually opted for their Park Pilot program which is a little cheaper.

Cheers..

Todd in Chicago
2018-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules