Main board replacement HELP
2254 7 2017-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flost42
New
France

Dear all,
First i'm sorry for my poor english, i'm french....

I have replace my main board on my P3S, but now the P3S don't start, no sound, no leds....I check the power supply 15VCC OK !

Do you know if there is some manipulations needed after the board replacement ?

The P3S as the same fault like this video on Youtube :

Thanks in advance for your help guy !
2017-11-11
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Check solder connections on main board.  Also check contact on the small 4 pin connector in the battery compartment.  Check voltage input on motherboard, is it same as battery output?  Did you let out any black smoke when you first tried to power it up?  If you let out the black smoke, it will not work.  It is critical that  the black smoke stays inside the components.

2017-11-11
Use props
flost42
New
France

Thanks for you feedback, no black smoke - 15VCC on the motherboard....No issue i think 8)
2017-11-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

flost42 Posted at 2017-11-11 02:06
Thanks for you feedback, no black smoke - 15VCC on the motherboard....No issue i think 8)

Did you change it on your own? We will not recommend you replace or repair the drone yourself as it may cause further damage. Please try another battery or send it back for check: http://www.dji.com/support.
2017-11-11
Use props
flost42
New
France

Just for you information, i try with my old main board with the compass connector broken, and the P3S start properly ! This is not a battery problem, the ebay seller have sent to me a bad main board....grrrr
2017-11-11
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

flost42 Posted at 2017-11-11 02:51
Just for you information, i try with my old main board with the compass connector broken, and the P3S start properly ! This is not a battery problem, the ebay seller have sent to me a bad main board....grrrr

If your old board will power up and this one shows no life.......you are probably right on the money.....you got a bad board from the seller.
2017-11-11
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

Did the replacement center board come with a new power connector with wire leads pre-soldered to the board? I'd check to insure the power connector is properly installed into the bottom shell.   
2017-11-11
Use props
Dockater
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

flost42 Posted at 2017-11-11 02:51

I hope you used PayPal for the purchase, make a claim, it won’t get your phantom working but its some compensation. It sounds as if you are one of the few that is competent with repairs, good luck.

2017-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules