DJI Go 4 + Galaxy S5 unusable
3470 17 2017-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_NMykzMq
lvl.1
United States

Hi all,

I'm trying to use my new mavic Pro with my Galaxy S5 and it is not functioning enough for me to even feel safe taking off. The mavic is using the most recent firmware and my S5 is Android v. 6.0.1 with usb debugging enabled.

The problem I have is that the takeoff and home point notifications and the shutter sound are behind by at least two minutes. The video feed is usually digital squares or not moving at all.

I'm about to have to sell my drone because a new phone isn't an option.  Any help would be great!
2017-11-11
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

I know it is a pain but have you performed a factory reset on your GS5 lately? Kind of a last resort thing.......
2017-11-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Had you tried to reinstall the app? Please try to reinstall it for times, let me know if the issue persists. A screen recording is highly appreciated.
2017-11-13
Use props
martin joãoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 945105 ft
Luxembourg

I am using a S5 as well and sometimes there is a lag caused by interference. Aldo the original cable to connect the phone can be a source of the lag, I am still using the RC side port, but with a 3rd party cable. Another option is using the cable which came with the phone and use the RC bottom port.
I do close all other apps running on the phone before I launch go 4, just to be on the safe side.
2017-11-13
Use props
Majorb98
lvl.1
Flight distance : 192336 ft
United States

I believe the issue is that we're not using Apple products.  I also use an S5 and occasionally have some bad (BAD) lag on sounds and video transmission to the screen.  I frequently check the remote to see if it is recording or not.  I've also had the app to freeze mid flight.  It doesn't always act this way, but usually out of 3 flights, at least one of them I will have some hiccup.  

I also use a new Samsung android tablet, and experience the same results (good and bad).

So unless you are going Apple, I believe trashing your phone because of the DJI app will be a lost cause anyways.

I have found it a little more successful if the app can't communicate with the network.  I installed Netguard on my S5, and restricted DJI's internet access.  This seems to help.  I would guess using flight mode would also work, just make sure your location is still turned on.  
2017-11-13
Use props
djiuser_NMykzMq
lvl.1
United States

Thanks guys! I have reset it several times.  Also it only has dji apps on it at the time. It doesn't seem to be interference as I've tried multiple rural areas.   I have not tried the bottom port.
2017-11-13
Use props
fans00d63436
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4587 ft
United States

I use a Galaxy S 5 too. Yes I get a lag at times but nothing I cant deal with. Make sure you turn off all running apps, turn on Airplane mode after you download maps .you dont want to get a phone call in the middle of a flight and drop your Mav connection.    The more apps you have downloaded the slower it will make your phone so keep as many turned off as possible.  As far as everything being very far behind { Yes re install GO4 app. Im sure it will help. Good luck keep us posted
2017-11-13
Use props
djiuser_NMykzMq
lvl.1
United States

Well it has only Avair, DJI Go 4, and Google hangouts on it.  It's been factory reset a number of times.  As recommended I have tried a new cable. 4 new cables. And still it persists. It's not anything that can be tolerated.  It can't be flown farther than a few meters away or you'll lose it.  I have had to fly it back by watching the distance on the rc get closer to me.  

Thanks for trying to help all.  
2017-11-13
Use props
Majorb98
lvl.1
Flight distance : 192336 ft
United States

Majorb98 Posted at 2017-11-13 05:58
I believe the issue is that we're not using Apple products.  I also use an S5 and occasionally have some bad (BAD) lag on sounds and video transmission to the screen.  I frequently check the remote to see if it is recording or not.  I've also had the app to freeze mid flight.  It doesn't always act this way, but usually out of 3 flights, at least one of them I will have some hiccup.  

I also use a new Samsung android tablet, and experience the same results (good and bad).

I meant using airplane mode...
2017-11-13
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1638323 ft
United States

Mine does this, but so do the DJI GOGGLES. I'll get "aircraft disconnected" AT THE SAME TIME with the Goggles AND my Note 5. I had an S5 prior (same issue).
2017-11-13
Use props
djiuser_NMykzMq
lvl.1
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-11-13 08:10
Mine does this, but so do the DJI GOGGLES. I'll get "aircraft disconnected" AT THE SAME TIME with the Goggles AND my Note 5. I had an S5 prior (same issue).

Wait. It's un-flyable with the goggles?
2017-11-13
Use props
djiuser_NMykzMq
lvl.1
United States

Majorb98 Posted at 2017-11-13 08:06
I meant using airplane mode...

Man I've  tried  everything  up  to  and  including  an android  emulator. A new  phone is out of the question. Oh well. Wasted part107. Gotta sell.
2017-11-13
Use props
djiuser_NMykzMq
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-13 01:52
Had you tried to reinstall the app? Please try to reinstall it for times, let me know if the issue persists. A screen recording is highly appreciated.

The phone  has been  reset  multiple  times to no avail. I have a recording  on another  device  I'll  upload asap. But it either  freezes or looks like a satellite tv with a bad signal.
2017-11-13
Use props
djiuser_NMykzMq
lvl.1
United States

Here is a screen grab i took the other day.  This is normal operation.  
2017-11-13
Use props
djiuser_NMykzMq
lvl.1
United States

2017-11-13
Use props
djiuser_NMykzMq
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_NMykzMq Posted at 2017-11-13 09:43

Idk what i did wrong but I put in the address again and I'll paste it. .....here:
https://youtu.be/tUjnQ7C9sDE
2017-11-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_NMykzMq Posted at 2017-11-13 10:24
Idk what i did wrong but I put in the address again and I'll paste it. .....here:
https://youtu.be/tUjnQ7C9sDE

Had you tried another place or another mobile device to fly with? If it doesn't help, could you please help to name the app version, drone's firmware version? I will forward it to our engineers for a check.
2017-11-15
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1638323 ft
United States

djiuser_NMykzMq Posted at 2017-11-13 09:14
Wait. It's un-flyable with the goggles?

What I was saying is the same BS happens with the DJI Goggles. They have their own software, yet "aircraft disconnected" happens with those. When that happens, I flip them up & then I see the phone has the same problem. This has been a sporadic issue since day 1 with BOTH Mavic and P4P+ no matter which device, version, or Apple/Android. I suspect it is an issue with every DJI product. I've had both for a year. I fly large jets for a living, so I know how to pay attention. DJI does NOT make robust products, hence the insanely cheap prices. A nice drone is a crap ton more.

Good luck! There's only questions here; not answers.
2017-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules