12Next >
3971 54 2017-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Info
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi all.

I am a professional user of the Inspire 2 X5s and recently ordered a Cendence controller for the extra control it gives my camera Operator. On purchase I was assured that the Cendence was fully compatitble with the standard Inspire 2 controller.
Im Using the Cendence as the slave with crystal sky and the standard controller as the master with an Ipad, with all firmware upto date.

I am having major issues with the camera control buttons and focus knob, they are not working at all, Ive spent 3 days trying to sort this. Even using the Cendence in single operator setup as the master I have no control of the focus via the focus knob.

For what is supposed to be a professional piece of kit this is not good enough. Ive been told by DJI since purchasing that there is an issue with compatability between the standard Inspire 2 controller and the Cendence. They advise to use two controllers the same.

I now own an inspire 1 X3, an inspire 1 pro and an Inspire 2 with the X5S camera system, so over the past few years I have spent many thousands of pounds on their equipment.

I ask DJI to resolve this issue as the controller is now completely useless to me unless I have another Cendence, therefore it would be nice if DJI could send me another Cendence controller free of charge, as way of an apology and to convince me to keep buying their equipment.

I am completely furious now that I have invested £1000 of my hard earned pounds on what is basically a brick.

SORT IT OUT DJI
2017-11-11
Use props
HVMediaUG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1958169 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The new firmware will fix this issue regarding the update information... it will be released next week
2017-11-11
Use props
Rotor Aerial Ci
lvl.2

United Kingdom

HVMediaUG Posted at 2017-11-11 13:38
The new firmware will fix this issue regarding the update information... it will be released next week

Why was this Issue not picked up during Beta testing? and if it was, why did DJI still decide to ship devices that DO NOT WORK?
2017-11-11
Use props
Rotor Aerial Ci
lvl.2

United Kingdom

HVMediaUG Posted at 2017-11-11 13:38

Also, can you please tell me what date the new firmware will be released?
2017-11-11
Use props
HVMediaUG
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

First everybody was angry about the delay of cendence shipping, now some (like you) are angry because of lack in firmware support for special operation...
I recently talked to support about an other issue and received the patch notes and the eta of 2 days until release...
Excerpt: „Fixed an issue where the slave remote controller cannot control the gimbal when using both ordinary and Cendence remote controllers to work as master and slave remote controllers.“
2017-11-11
Use props
Rotor Aerial Ci
lvl.2

United Kingdom

HVMediaUG Posted at 2017-11-11 13:59
First everybody was angry about the delay of cendence shipping, now some (like you) are angry because of lack in firmware support for special operation...
I recently talked to support about an other issue and received the patch notes and the eta of 2 days until release...
Excerpt: „Fixed an issue where the slave remote controller cannot control the gimbal when using both ordinary and Cendence remote controllers to work as master and slave remote controllers.“

Personally, i feel that maybe I have a right to be a little angry that I've just spent £1000 on a piece of kit that doesn't work. I wouldn't really call using it for what it was designed for special operation....

Thanks for letting me know that there will be a firmware update that will (hopefully) fix the Issue. I look forward to giving it a try.

I'm a little confused by the rest of your message, could you please clarify?

Thanks
2017-11-11
Use props
HVMediaUG
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

I just said, that the firmware update will be released in the next 2 days, regarding DJI support...
And I gave you the excerpt form the patchnotes regarding your problem.
2017-11-11
Use props
Rotor Aerial Ci
lvl.2

United Kingdom

HVMediaUG Posted at 2017-11-11 14:17
I just said, that the firmware update will be released in the next 2 days, regarding DJI support...
And I gave you the excerpt form the patchnotes regarding your problem.

Thanks for clarifying. I just couldn't make out what you were trying to say.
2017-11-11
Use props
Elektrica
First Officer
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>
Italy

So, just tested the Cendence and the Patch Antenna (It comes with it and it's mounted by default). I cannot get the I2 to go past a few 100 meters without losing signal. I tried different locations, and different frequencies. It is mounted correctly. It just loses signal mostly around 150mt from my position and around 100 mt. high. I tries to direct it toward the I2, no luck! If anyone is using the Patch Antenna, can you please confirm it is supposed to be a more powerful, longer range antenna? Sigh!
2017-11-11
Use props
Elektrica
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Elektrica Posted at 2017-11-11 14:42
So, just tested the Cendence and the Patch Antenna (It comes with it and it's mounted by default). I cannot get the I2 to go past a few 100 meters without losing signal. I tried different locations, and different frequencies. It is mounted correctly. It just loses signal mostly around 150mt from my position and around 100 mt. high. I tries to direct it toward the I2, no luck! If anyone is using the Patch Antenna, can you please confirm it is supposed to be a more powerful, longer range antenna? Sigh!

Did some testing, the regular antennas have a good signal, the patch antenna, unplugged has an ok (Just ok) signal, if I plug it to the remote, the signal drops. I wonder if the remote is defective or the antenna is defective. Hard to tell
2017-11-11
Use props
dan_vector
lvl.4
Flight distance : 613753 ft
Oman

I am about to purchase the Cendance to use as dual operator with the standard remote. I guess I will now wait for the outcome of the firmware update and this strange range issue with the patch antenna.
2017-11-12
Use props
Rotor Aerial Ci
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Very interesting, I've not actually had the chance to test the cendence with the patch antenna (free 'upgrade') yet with the Inspire 2 in flight as my cendence doesn't work at all. Can't help feeling that DJI has jumped the gun and released this before it was fully tested and ready.
2017-11-12
Use props
Rotor Aerial Ci
lvl.2

United Kingdom

dan_vector Posted at 2017-11-12 01:55
I am about to purchase the Cendance to use as dual operator with the standard remote. I guess I will now wait for the outcome of the firmware update and this strange range issue with the patch antenna.

I would whole heartedly advise against anyone buying the cendence until the new firmware update can be tested. I'll be keeping an eye out and as soon as the new firmware update is available I'll post the results on here straight away!
2017-11-12
Use props
dan_vector
lvl.4
Flight distance : 613753 ft
Oman

Thanks. I’ll hold off with the purchase. Looking forward to hearing positive news! I’ve still got plenty of time to get on the free upgrade patch antenna offer anyway!
2017-11-12
Use props
Rotor Aerial Ci
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Elektrica Posted at 2017-11-11 14:42

How is your cendence working for you? are you using it in single operator config?
2017-11-12
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Nothing new here - every product is unfinished at launch and hopefully get fixed with updates at a later stage.
Some problems get fixed, new ones pop up, some features are taken away.

That is life with DJI - no-one needing functionality for commercial purposes should buy anything until it is at least 6 months old and a couple of firmware versions are out.
I have an iPad and 2nd RC for my Inspire 1 that has gathered dust ever since the 'Upgrade' which killed slave video feed.
2017-11-12
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Let me know when you get the free Cendence
2017-11-12
Use props
Rotor Aerial Ci
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Rodger8 Posted at 2017-11-12 04:23
Let me know when you get the free Cendence

Wishful Thinking! God loves a tryer
2017-11-12
Use props
Rotor Aerial Ci
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Farnk666 Posted at 2017-11-12 04:03
Nothing new here - every product is unfinished at launch and hopefully get fixed with updates at a later stage.

So you think this is an acceptable way to run a business?

If you bought any other piece of equipment and it didn't work would you just accept that thats the way it is, take the hit and move on.......i think not.

I understand these are complex pieces of kit and can be prone to issues, but why would you sell something knowing it has problems that make it un-useable
2017-11-12
Use props
Rotor Aerial Ci
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Rotor Aerial Ci Posted at 2017-11-12 04:43

If you bought any other piece of equipment and it didn't work would you just accept that thats the way it is, take the hit and move on.......i think not.

I'm a professional broadcast cameraman with over 40 years experience at the top level and in all my years I've never come across a piece of equipment that didn't do what it was supposed to do from the get go.

This piece of kit is clearly still in the development stage so why are we paying full price for a piece of equipment that we are now testing for DJI? What exactly is the point of BETA testing if you're just going to bring it to market with faults anyway?

We've been incredibly happy with all DJI products so far and this has left a bitter taste in the mouth.

shame on you DJI.

2017-11-12
Use props
Elektrica
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Rotor Aerial Ci Posted at 2017-11-12 05:08
I'm a professional broadcast cameraman with over 40 years experience at the top level and in all my years I've never come across a piece of equipment that didn't do what it was supposed to do from the get go.

This piece of kit is clearly still in the development stage so why are we paying full price for a piece of equipment that we are now testing for DJI? What exactly is the point of BETA testing if you're just going to bring it to market with faults anyway?

I would not be that harsh. Even Apple releases hardware with issues, especially lately,  not to mention Samsung and the likes.
2017-11-12
Use props
Rotor Aerial Ci
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Farnk666 Posted at 2017-11-12 04:03

You may wish to read the sales of goods act as I'm certain this sides with me on this occasion.
2017-11-12
Use props
Rotor Aerial Ci
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Elektrica Posted at 2017-11-12 05:41
I would not be that harsh. Even Apple releases hardware with issues, especially lately,  not to mention Samsung and the likes.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Don't feel I'm being harsh by telling the truth.
2017-11-12
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I don't get why DJI doesn't do some testing initially of their products before they race them out to the market.  Their "Focus Wheel 2" that would not even bolt up to its own bracket was a mess.  How could anyone make it and sell it as it could not be used at all in its current form was unbelievable.  Engineer, Produce, Market, but not Test?

2017-11-12
Use props
Elektrica
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-11-12 10:58
I don't get why DJI doesn't do some testing initially of their products before they race them out to the market.  Their "Focus Wheel 2" that would not even bolt up to its own bracket was a mess.  How could anyone make it and sell it as it could not be used at all in its current form was unbelievable.  Engineer, Produce, Market, but not Test?

Same as why Apple did not test an antenna before releasing it on the market, or why did Samsung sell exploding phones. How was it possible that companies with soooooo many resources and under the planet's spotlight could make such silly mistakes?
2017-11-12
Use props
Elektrica
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Rotor Aerial Ci Posted at 2017-11-12 05:53
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Don't feel I'm being harsh by telling the truth.

There's no doubts they have issues here and there, just like everyone else. We can all make examples for so many brands. They still make very exciting products, which is why we're all here writing about them.
2017-11-12
Use props
Rotor Aerial Ci
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Elektrica Posted at 2017-11-12 11:10
There's no doubts they have issues here and there, just like everyone else. We can all make examples for so many brands. They still make very exciting products, which is why we're all here writing about them.

I've no doubt they make amazing and very exciting products, which is why we keep on buying them.

Let's hope the firmware update fixes the issue.
2017-11-12
Use props
Elektrica
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Rotor Aerial Ci Posted at 2017-11-12 11:20
I've no doubt they make amazing and very exciting products, which is why we keep on buying them.

Let's hope the firmware update fixes the issue.

Let's hope so!
2017-11-12
Use props
Dobmatt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Rotor Aerial Ci Posted at 2017-11-12 05:08

You may be able to understand these issues when you learn and master Mandarin, move to Shenzen, work and live there for at least 5 years with Chinese girlfriend. It's a different world, my friend. Not particularly worst or better, just different ...
2017-11-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Rotor Aerial Ci Posted at 2017-11-12 05:53

Rotor Aerial Ci, we understand your frustration and you have the right to be angry, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and trouble that have been caused to your work.
Yes, the new firmware will be released soon, thanks for the patience and I will keep you posted once it is released.
2017-11-12
Use props
Rotor Aerial Ci
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-12 23:37
Rotor Aerial Ci, we understand your frustration and you have the right to be angry, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and trouble that have been caused to your work.
Yes, the new firmware will be released soon, thanks for the patience and I will keep you posted once it is released.

Thanks for the Apology, it's nice that instead of telling me I should expect my £1000 controller not to work (as some have on here) someone has actually acknowledged my frustration, apologised and told me they will let me know once a possible fix is available.

Things are looking up. Thank you
2017-11-13
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Australia

Rotor Aerial Ci Posted at 2017-11-12 04:43

Never said it was acceptable, just stating the fact that DJI has a long history of shipping relatively unfinished products.

This is not news.

Neither is it acceptable.
2017-11-13
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Australia

Rotor Aerial Ci Posted at 2017-11-12 05:42
You may wish to read the sales of goods act as I'm certain this sides with me on this occasion.

And I'm sure that DJI cares.

Not.

As long as people keep buying, their approach will not change.
2017-11-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Rotor Aerial Ci Posted at 2017-11-13 00:53
Thanks for the Apology, it's nice that instead of telling me I should expect my £1000 controller not to work (as some have on here) someone has actually acknowledged my frustration, apologised and told me they will let me know once a possible fix is available.

Things are looking up. Thank you

Hi, Sir, the new firmware of Inspire 2 has been released, please check the release notes here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... by%3Ddatelineupdate
Please update at your most convenience, if there is any further problem, please don't hesitate to let us know.
2017-11-13
Use props
Rotor Aerial Ci
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-13 03:24
Hi, Sir, the new firmware of Inspire 2 has been released, please check the release notes here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=119605&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dauthor%26orderby%3Ddateline%26orderby%3Ddatelineupdate
Please update at your most convenience, if there is any further problem, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Thanks for letting me know, is this an aircraft firmware update or the cendence update.

My dji go app is only showing an aircraft update. Nothing for the cendence...
2017-11-13
Use props
Rotor Aerial Ci
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Rotor Aerial Ci Posted at 2017-11-13 08:44
Thanks for letting me know, is this an aircraft firmware update or the cendence update.

My dji go app is only showing an aircraft update. Nothing for the cendence...

Ok, so I've done all the available updates, now neither controller will work and I can't even get either of them to connect to the aircraft at all....
2017-11-13
Use props
eggbeater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3502972 ft
  • >>>
United States

After forty years of being a freelance broadcast television cameraman in Los Angeles I'm retired and have found the Inspire series to be a source of entertainment and not worthy of anger and frustration.  Why anyone would want to take a beautiful hobby and turn it into a profession escapes me.  There is nothing to be upset about, they'll have it right by the time you've mapped out your favorite buttons and trained your camera op.  After using the unit for a week I have found dead spots close in but have flown further out with good results and maintained control.  I will probably give the Cendence to my cameraman and continue to use a modified controller with aftermarket 14 DB omni directional antennas that seem to give me much better range at this time.  Ill just wait for the scantenna, after the X7 gets released and any other stuff to spend treasure on.  My second original controller worked just fine as second fiddle to the Cendence.
2017-11-13
Use props
Rotor Aerial Ci
lvl.2

United Kingdom

eggbeater Posted at 2017-11-13 09:09
After forty years of being a freelance broadcast television cameraman in Los Angeles I'm retired and have found the Inspire series to be a source of entertainment and not worthy of anger and frustration.  Why anyone would want to take a beautiful hobby and turn it into a profession escapes me.  There is nothing to be upset about, they'll have it right by the time you've mapped out your favorite buttons and trained your camera op.  After using the unit for a week I have found dead spots close in but have flown further out with good results and maintained control.  I will probably give the Cendence to my cameraman and continue to use a modified controller with aftermarket 14 DB omni directional antennas that seem to give me much better range at this time.  Ill just wait for the scantenna, after the X7 gets released and any other stuff to spend treasure on.

Be nice if I could map out my favourite buttons, the thing is a brick.
2017-11-13
Use props
Rotor Aerial Ci
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Rotor Aerial Ci Posted at 2017-11-13 09:15
Be nice if I could map out my favourite buttons, the thing is a brick.

I'm starting updates again..fingers crossed
2017-11-13
Use props
DS924
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4028425 ft
United States

Does this have anything to do with the Cendence being Android and the iPad being IOS?  
2017-11-13
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules