Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Stopped going forward, then refused to return home
1655 6 2017-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
killian113
New

United States

Is there some new fw? today it said unzipping package and updated something. then when flying it would hit a invisible wall (like OA was on and running into something) but there was nothing 50 feet from it in any direction. then I tried to maneuver it back to land and it refused lost signal at 100m so when it regained signal I pushed the RTH button. the thing refused to go home and went straight down and landed where it was (luckily it had done this within 100 feet of the original rth or I would have had to go find it on my lunch break) this is scary to me as I have flown it many times with out any sort of RTH problem. now all of sudden update it seems messed it up. not sure when I will have time to post flight logs but im sure someone else has this same issue of hitting invisible wall and it refusing to advance. seemed like it was a error with obstacle avoidance thinking something was under it when there was not. will check the settings again maybe they got changed when updated. Sorry for long rambling msg!
2017-11-11
Use props
TexasAerials
lvl.4
Flight distance : 566952 ft
United States

sounds like the old distance restriction bug hasn't quite been squashed.
2017-11-11
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

You probably got the DJI GO 4 App update installed then. After such an update it is important to check all settings because some might get set back to factory defaults. If this does not solve your problem, please include the information in your next post on which operating system you are (iOS or Android), which precise App version and if you are flying with Remote Control or with mobile device only. That will make it easier to localise your problem.
2017-11-11
Use props
Kloo Gee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

For the distance restrictions, I second Wachtberger's comments about passing along additional info.  The other piece of info I think he didn't mention was whether you were using an OTG cable or not.

For the RTH issue, it sounds like your aircraft was very likely within 20 meters (~66 ft) of the home point.  The details around how RTH works is more complex than you might expect and behaves differently depending upon how far away your AC is from the home point, its height above ground, and the settings in DJI Go 4.  The procedure is documented pretty well on pg14 of the Spark manual (https://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads).  However, it wasn't until I tested it for a video that I made where it became much clearer how it works.  If interested, have a look:

2017-11-11
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

The GPS RTH may not be set on your location.
Maybe it took one from a flight before?
Or it did read a wrong position, we are in higher sun avtivity, right now.

But why it did not wannted to fly in any direction is another question, methinks.
Even if limits are reached, there should be always the open flightpath inside these settings.
2017-11-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If you really want to find out more of what occurred you could upload log to link below. Just click on link and follow instructions come back here and post your link. There are a few people who will have a look at them it might clear up some things for you.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-11-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sir, have you figured it out? If not, please help us export the flight data for analysis, thanks!

2017-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules