DJI Mavic Update caused issues with RC?
837 7 2017-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansae23a175
lvl.1
Canada

Hello,
     I updated my Mavic to 1.04.0000 via the DJI Go4 iphone app today, downloading the update via WIFI.
Now the remote control (RC) will not connect to the drone. I can connect to the drone via the DJI Go4 app on my iphone
when I switch the connectivity button on the drone to WIFI.

The Remote Control stays in a state of "Connecting_" with movement on the _ as well as the signal strength.
When I connect the RC to the Assistant 2 app, it says the firmware version is 00.00.0000. Sometimes when I plug it into the USB port, it takes some extra time for the assistant 2 software to recgonize it.

I have attempted to restore the RC to factory defaults multiple times via the assistant app (1.16) with no results (the RC DOES show up in the Assistant App).
I have attempted to upgrade the RC to the latest version (01.04.0000 & 01.03.1000) via the assistant app however it fails every time.

When I connect my iphone to the RC and attempt to Re-link the drone, nothing happens. No sound from the RC, no nothing....

I do have DJI Refresh Care.

I am wondering if there is any way to reconfigure the RC without sending it in. Obviously, the Assistant software can see I am connected to the RC as well as I can power up (and see the results) the RC.

Any help would be appreciated as I created a ticket (828949 ) but apparently they are only open M-F.
2017-11-11
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I would refresh the firmware in the Mavic using the Assistant 2 software just in case it did not load correctly when you used the app to do it. Then do the same with the RC.
When that is done, try turning everything on and see if the RC will connect to the Mavic.
2017-11-11
Use props
fansae23a175
lvl.1
Canada

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-11-11 22:16
I would refresh the firmware in the Mavic using the Assistant 2 software just in case it did not load correctly when you used the app to do it. Then do the same with the RC.
When that is done, try turning everything on and see if the RC will connect to the Mavic.

I downgraded the Mavic software successfully.

When trying to restore or upgrade the RC's software, it keeps failing.

Side note, why does the software always download each time when I try to do an update? It should just download and store it..
2017-11-12
Use props
fansae23a175
lvl.1
Canada

I am going to try and return the RC to Bestbuy when they open here shortly.
2017-11-12
Use props
fansae23a175
lvl.1
Canada

fansae23a175 Posted at 2017-11-12 06:09
I am going to try and return the RC to Bestbuy when they open here shortly.

FYI: Returned the Mavic AC/RC to Bestbuy and they gave me a new RC which seems to work (after I upgraded it via Assistant 2).
2017-11-12
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

fansae23a175 Posted at 2017-11-12 20:08
FYI: Returned the Mavic AC/RC to Bestbuy and they gave me a new RC which seems to work (after I upgraded it via Assistant 2).

Glad to hear it is all working.
2017-11-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fansae23a175 Posted at 2017-11-12 20:08

Happy to hear that, too. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help.
2017-11-13
Use props
djiuser_4RTCQcXsm7Iq
lvl.1
Flight distance : 84760 ft
Australia

My mavic pro failed to download the complete update, my RC has lost power to the USB ports, have sent it away to a company in Sydney, they could not get it going so they sent it to Melbourne, it's only a couple of months old and I have been without it for a month, not sure when it is coming back, in my opinion, service is not part of DJI's language.

Not happy with the service, try to ring the company phone numbers in China and the USA and it went nowhere, i'm not use to rubbish service.
robin Australia
2018-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules