Battery Charging Concerns
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
barryjo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1282638 ft
United States

Now that winter season is upon us I won't be flying as much. My concern is, does it hurt to charge the Intellegent flight batteries just partially say around 50% instead of 100% just for storage purposes? Will this shorten there life cycle? Right now acouple of them are down around the 12% level.

2017-11-11
Use props
Gilan
lvl.1
United States

well I charged 3 batteries to 100% and let them sit for a very long time and now one of them seems to be dead.  I need someone to tell me how I can bring back the battery.  I only used it 3 or 4 times but now I can't get it to turn on at all after storing apparently for too long.
2017-11-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Everyone has their own theories on this subject. I can only tell you that I charge my batteries to full charge at least once every couple of months and then let the auto-discharge system take them back down. I have now had three batteries for just over two years, and they are all in excellent condition.
2017-11-12
Use props
barryjo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1282638 ft
United States

Thanks for the info"Geebax" I'll give that a try
2017-11-13
Use props
pilotbavaria
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2058891 ft
Germany

Usually I fly till the batteries are around 25% of their capacity, never less. At home I charge them till 60% for storage. Just before flying I will charge them to 100%. Never had any problems.
2017-11-13
Use props
Haigrie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 430856 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I charge/ discharge to 40% for storage and then fully charge / use every month if possible not had any battery problems. I'm lucky in that I can usually get time off to fly during the day so do alot of winter flights, also built discharge units but haven't needed them.
2017-11-13
Use props
SunSetss
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

Hmmm... I'm done for the season myself. Most opinions point to keeping the charge at 50% for prolonged storage times. Good enough for me. See ya next spring.
2017-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules