More compass issues
853 10 2017-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rparge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173852 ft
United States

I am starting a new thread on this, but this is related to the jerking thread on this board.
I rely on the radar pointer (am I the only one?) to visualize the heading of the AC when it is up and away.
On my old android device, I could use this to reliably point the nose of the AC to home, give it some gas, and bring the bird home.
Now with the CS, the radar is useless,
it points any way it feels like, and now that we can install 3rd party apps, I see why.
I installed a compass app, and the bottom line is the compass is useless.

Is my unit bad, or is this a systemic problem with the CS panels?

Thanks for any input on this.

Short video here to see it in action:

2017-11-11
Use props
HDPS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your video is not playing,  I have a jerking compass and most of times points to the wrong direction. Calibration did nothing, the last firmaware 11/09 said that they improved the calibration process but still the same, not remedy so far for this problem
2017-11-14
Use props
rparge
lvl.4
United States

HDPS Posted at 2017-11-14 15:09
Your video is not playing,  I have a jerking compass and most of times points to the wrong direction. Calibration did nothing, the last firmaware 11/09 said that they improved the calibration process but still the same, not remedy so far for this problem

Thanks for the feedback.
Video link has been updated.
2017-11-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Compass calibration has been optimized in the latest firmware, have you updated the CrystalSky and then calibrate the compass again? Sir.
2017-11-16
Use props
rparge
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-16 02:19
Compass calibration has been optimized in the latest firmware, have you updated the CrystalSky and then calibrate the compass again? Sir.

Yes, many times, and reset to default, all to no avail.
Is there anything that can be done?

Thank you.
2017-11-16
Use props
HDPS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-16 02:19

see reply #2
2017-11-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

rparge Posted at 2017-11-16 06:51
Yes, many times, and reset to default, all to no avail.
Is there anything that can be done?

I see, I'm sorry to tell you that if the compass still jerks after calibration, the device must be sent in for evaluation. We are unable to get it addressed remotely.
Sorry for the inconvenience that has been caused and appreciate your understanding.
2017-11-17
Use props
rparge
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-17 02:40
I see, I'm sorry to tell you that if the compass still jerks after calibration, the device must be sent in for evaluation. We are unable to get it addressed remotely.
Sorry for the inconvenience that has been caused and appreciate your understanding.

This is my second unit, both did this, how do I go about getting a return on this?

Thank you!
2017-11-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

rparge Posted at 2017-11-17 14:52
This is my second unit, both did this, how do I go about getting a return on this?

Thank you!

Do you mean you have replaced once? Do you have any case number could be provided for more info?
2017-11-20
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638911 ft
France

Hi all,
up to now I did not care too much about the compass issues, because I had other issues much more annoying (repetitive crashes + significant lag).
Seems the biggest problems are going better with the last FW, I started to worry about the compass and it appears that it does not work at all.
With the 'new' calibration process, sometimes you turn several minutes and it never 'calibrates', sometimes you launch 'calibration' it says 'calibrated' before you start to turn.
In any cases, with or without 'calibration' the north indication is completely erratic. Actually, it does not indicates the North, it indicates the opposite of the support ^^.
Exactly like if there is something magnetic in the device itself that is stronger than the earth magnetic field. Or (likely) something dead in the HW
I wonder how long it takes at the moment for a repair (or a replacement)  (?)
2017-11-20
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638911 ft
France

I resent my Crystalsky today, via the french shop Studiosport. Issues :
- Intermittent crashs of the device during flight
- Compass not operating at all
Will see how long it takes for a repair or replacement...
2017-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules